HMS Marulken

OldManVegas

HMS Marulken

Post by OldManVegas »

DYAFTB
Last edited by OldManVegas on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuttex

Re: HMS Marulken

Post by Nuttex »

From what I've seen, it basically looked like Pulsar aboard a Swedish WW2 submarine. That sounds good to me.
lucius

Post by lucius »

Nice find, seems pretty good for an Alpha, there is enough to keep 3 people fully occupied just running the ships stations, i think 4 would be most efficient as the captain wouldn't have to simultaneously spot enemy and arm torpedoes.
Nuttex

Post by Nuttex »

Good news, gents:
Hello everyone!

We have some very important news. The game has been successfully funded, but not through Kickstarter. We have established a partnership with Subsim, one of the biggest submarine simulator communities.

After discussing with the Subsim community we have decided on some changes to the game that deviate somewhat from what we have promised in this kickstarter campaign. Because of this, we have decided to cancel this Kickstarter campaign. We don’t want to make any promises we don’t keep, so we feel that cancelling the campaign is the right thing to do.

The changes will not affect the game mechanics, but does affect the story and setting. We have decided to not make a alternative history game about Sweden, and instead make on a more realistic, German U-boat game. This decision will be a disappointment for some, and please others. This is why we have decided to cancel the Kickstarter and start off on a clean slate.

The new version of the game will have a new name, which will be revealed soon. It will feature co-op game play with dynamically generated missions. The players will man a type VII German U-boat.

For those of you that want early access, the game will be released as an early access game on Steam, when the new type VII U-boat interface is implemented.
That's right. The game will now feature a Type VII boat instead. U-96, the boat from Das Boot, was a Type VIIC.

Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I still remember playing Silent Hunter 1 from my childhood (had no clue what I was doing though). Would be interested in playing the final product in the future with other Zeus members.
Bank

Post by Bank »

Ive been a big fan of the Silent Hunter series for years. If they can model the sub as accurately as the Silent Hunter series tried I'd be very keen to give this a try.
Terox

Post by Terox »

this is free, coop mode only and in its infancy (early alpha) we played it for nearly 2 hours last night and found it enjoyable.
This does require teamwork and decent disciplined teamspeak comms.

I ran the engine room for the entire game time we spent on it, and was responsible for
  1. Diving.Surfacing,
  2. Speed
  3. Steering
  4. Monitoring and recharging the battery
and had enough to do to keep me occupied for nearly 2 hours

1 ship can be fully crewed by 4 players, however you can have multiple subs with mutliple crews

managing the battery power is a ba***rd

The game should allow for a lot of scope for the simulation aspect, which hopefully will evolve as the game evolves

If your interested, you need to read the instalation instructions, you will need to download a Hamachi clone called EvolveHQ and set that up
Stroganov

Post by Stroganov »

I always loved the Silent Hunter series, so if you guys are planning on playing this again, please let me know.