Hearts of Iron IV

Rodi

Hearts of Iron IV

Post by Rodi »

Anyone interested? From what I´ve heard older veterans complained about it being too much simplified. May still be worth getting especially for newcomers in these types of strategy games.

If were really lucky they lower the price on steam sale.

Your thoughts?
Tipsi

Re: Hearts of Iron IV

Post by Tipsi »

I've got it. A lot to take in.

Played as germany. F***ed it

Played as italy. F***ed it.

Not a game you are gonna get right the first time.

Getting to the point where I'll play till 1941 and then realise I've completely fucked something up such as not having enough fighters when you thought that 1000 was sufficient, and then spend the next 6 months trying to figure out how I can do it better the next time. Not got that far yet though!
paul8900

Post by paul8900 »

i watched the paradox tutorial vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRkkqv6 ... 5iD8xSXmSp

and this guys tutorials helped me get into the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfaoOhJU64g
Nuttex

Post by Nuttex »

paul8900 wrote:i watched the paradox tutorial vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRkkqv6 ... 5iD8xSXmSp
Jake's tutorial videos are all you really need to get into this one. Unlike HoI III there really isn't much to discuss here.
Right now, the game suffers from lacklustre content (i.e. flavour events), crap AI and as Rodi pointed out dumbification of mechanics. That said, while it's lacking in singleplayer, it might just be alright in multiplayer (though I've noticed an increase in desyncs over EU IV and CKII).
paul8900

Post by paul8900 »

Jake's tutorial videos are all you really need to get into this one. Unlike HoI III there really isn't much to discuss here.
Right now, the game suffers from lacklustre content (i.e. flavour events), crap AI and as Rodi pointed out dumbification of mechanics. That said, while it's lacking in singleplayer, it might just be alright in multiplayer (though I've noticed an increase in desyncs over EU IV and CKII).
i shouldve said, for someone who hasnt really played any paradox games before (besides stellaris).
LittlePip

Post by LittlePip »

Its a good game, it has been drasticly simplified from HOI III however it does mean newer players can get to grips with it but if you mess up somehow the game punishes you hard for example I didnt have enough ships as the USSR and Japan launched a naval landing in Siberia and took a good chunk of the USSR. Might be a good game for 6 or so people to all play together so the AI is less likely to stomp on you iv not had many issues with desyncs provided you dont put it on speed 5 on multiplayer.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Yeah it's a lot more simplified compared to HOI3 but I think its still a great game that's a lot of fun and you can do things like this! took me till 1953 but what a result! :D
Nuttex

Post by Nuttex »

Stroganov

Post by Stroganov »

I play Hoi4 as well, so if you guys are planning any multiplayer, I would love to join.
Nuttex

Post by Nuttex »

Organised two public games on TS tonight with random people joining us. The peak player number that we got was 29 and we got an average of 18.

Here are the rules we've written down for the public nights so far.
Nuttex

Post by Nuttex »

So far the self-organised public games have been a success. Do you guys feel like joining us at some point?
LittlePip

Post by LittlePip »

I would'nt mind joining in now and then
eskyo

Post by eskyo »

installed it yesterday , I feel like a absolute noob, always get wiped by allies even if I have better technology and have all recruitable population on duty and trained to lvl3...
and in my game there's also a bug when you decline a "call for arms" , the message keeps popping and adding 6000% or more world tension each time...
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Been almost a year from the last post, Im a big fan of Paradox (Europa and CK3) and was wondering if HOI4 is worth getting?
Did they fix the AI ? and how often do you guys play it multiplayer?
ashley

Post by ashley »

Lynn wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:16 pm Been almost a year from the last post, Im a big fan of Paradox (Europa and CK3) and was wondering if HOI4 is worth getting?
Did they fix the AI ? and how often do you guys play it multiplayer?
Nuttex still holds big multiplayer games, like 20 people playing a game now on TS