Patrol Ops 4 beta is here

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Terox

Re: Patrol Ops 4 beta is here

Post by Terox »

LATEST VERSION>>>>>>
co 50 Patrol Ops 606 tx v01 (Malden)
the current implementation of operations is not the actual version. Just a random selector. The actual one will be in the next update (606X )and works more like a choice of ops.

606X will be the last closed update for the Beta. You will be free to host open servers from 607X+
Sept17 606X: Mission UI
Oct17 607X-609X: SquadMod + RecruitMP + Bug Fixes/Feature Tweaks
Oct17 4.0: Release Candidate
Nov17 4.0: Release Official
606X is now on the server, has full mission systems
Not sure exactly what else he added
(This is supposed to be the last closed beta version)

I have repositioned everything in the base to the edge of the airfield, which is closer to the MSR.
This is most likely the best location for us.
You have a selection of vehicles already on the map and some virtual arsenal crates
Server is passworded while this mission is on there.

We may run this for the first hour of game night on Sunday 22nd October, depending on opinion

For now please get on there, test it see how it plays
Jim

Post by Jim »

Issues found so far:

On lobby screen click BLUFOR top left corner to see orbat
Do NOT press 'U' - blurry screen
Bleed out (not very long) moves you to Redeploy Screen - Redeploy not working - requires full client restart!
Vehicle depot is placed over a curb stone in car park

Intel found in the wild, then back at base at 'Access Mission Operations' big computer screen neither SL nor CO able to initiate the propagated missions on map

https://i.imgur.com/KhVWToy.jpg for zoomable version.

notice hand drawwn red line and OX marker to north of map - checked area - no mission units spawned for AO
Last edited by Jim on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Functionality:
  • Doesn't seem to be possible to rearm/refuel/repair air vehicles (we tried using depot but that didn't work).
  • Doesn't seem to be possible to spawn rearm/refuel/repair/medical crates for sling-loading to front-line.
Balance:
  • The constant spawning of enemy air superiority fighters seems a little overboard (especially if you plan to have only one CAS/CAP callsign in ORBAT).
  • At the moment, pilots have complete freedom to spawn whatever air vehicle they want as well as choose their pylon load-out with no restrictions.
With frequent bugs that require client restart to fix or abort then re-slot (pressing U key, broken respawn) as well as complete freedom with spawning vehicles and virtual arsenal, I predict that tomorrow's test at the start of gamenight maybe quite "difficult".
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Respawn seems to be broken or dysfunctional according to frequent reports, requiring players to rejoin the session to continue playing.

Pressing 'U' to allow to see names results in a visual glitch requiring clients to reconnect.

We ran a rather lengthy patrol earlier, running into contact quite a bit and collecting all their intel. The mission always confirmed the collection of intel yet never made anything out of it/ created a task/mission. It feels a lot like stumbling in the dark without any documentation on how the mission works.
Terox

Post by Terox »

You are mentioning bugs about systems that aren't fully implemented. So this is no surprise.
The release was to test the mission tasking system, that's the only system that was defined as implemented

as for the vehicle depot on the curb stones, that's my bad, this was me repositioning all the assets and trying out an area that may become the base when we edit the final version

Apparently the "U" bug is logged already
Respawn issue unknown cause at this time, hoping to get a quick fix before game night or this will be a no go

Not sure what the issue is with the Intel computer, from my testing the addaction works, but not sure what its supposed to do, as you have stated, poor documentation
Jim

Post by Jim »

I see I missed this afternoons test! sorry -

So the task management system is working today! but respawn is still broken.

EDIT: Should mention that I got the tasks to work as CO and not running ZClient
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

With gamenight drawing closer we've decided to postpone this test and continue with the regular gamenight format.

This is due to bugs and other issues that would introduce too much delay, confusion and frustration. From the tests people have made so far it's pretty obvious it's not ready and has failed as a test.

We will move this release onto the no1 test server for anyone still wishing to test the various features such as they are.

Stealthy.
Guardian081

Post by Guardian081 »

@Stealthy & @Terox,
we are all appreciating your great effort on this great task.

Nothin to add much with the errors and bugs reported above. Just one small thing. The Airframe Spawn is a bit tight. More space for Maneuvering would be appreciated.

Good that its possible to set a loadout on CAS Jets. This makes the missions more diverse. Take on mission only what you need and leave the rest in base.

rgds,
Guardian aka Steiner.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

I tested that on the feedback from broken rearm, repair mechanism.

IF that air asset compound remains the same size (everything was done in a quick hurry base layout wise so don't expect it to stay the same), we will have to include a Bobcat or similar for towing the jets in and out from the taxiway.

The repair and rearm functionality seems at present to be based around "Respawn vehicle" rather actually reloading the individual pylons. Shame, but may be fixed in the future. There is some limitation that can be done on the airframe pylon loadouts in the initial mission parameters so keeping cas ordnance within the realms for feasibility is possible.

I would love to find the time to test the other functionality but honestly, think I'll wait for the next release.