No votes
Option E. No Tags for Courses
67%

Total votes: 27

Wolfy_

Teamspeak 3 Tags

Post by Wolfy_ »

Introduction
I would like to suggest we change the Teamspeak 3 tags. Mainly because the current ones are off-centre and have a slight black background to them. Further, I can make tags for the courses if needed. As an aside, I only made the Course Tags, I found the Rank Tags online and made them fit with Teamspeak.

Teamspeak 3 General Tags
Image -- Developer
Image -- Guest
Image -- Game Admin
Image -- FMT Completed Member
Image -- Member
Image -- Senior Admin
Image -- Technician

Teamspeak 3 Course Tags
Below is the 'Jungle Certification' is used as an example.

Image Option A. Different Colour Ribbons for Different Courses
Image Option B. Same Colour Ribbon, with Different Picture for Different Courses
Image Option C. Different Ribbon, Different Picture
Option D. Something Else. (Suggest below)
Last edited by Wolfy_ on Wed May 24, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra.

Re: Teamspeak 3 Tags

Post by Cobra. »

fuk u rory there mine.

If we want better Icons i'm down for it as much as I like our current ones but the ribbons are pushing it a bit, it'll just turn into a clusterfuck with people thinking they are better than others due to the amount of crap attached to their name. I'm for the new Server Group icons but against the ribbons.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
lucius

Post by lucius »

Wolfy great effort,the old tags hurt my brain. im all for these, thanks!

Also great to see the gratitude by those already posting....
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

I provided useful information to the discussion though and memes.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Nice work Wolfy, the tags you've made are a definite improvement. I don't see any cons in swapping the old design for your design since you've already done the hard part in making them.

However, as much as I also like the ribbon designs you've made for the training certificates, we decided it was best not to display any additional tags to avoid clutter, confusion and misled feelings of authority.

Edit: Don't worry about Rory's needless negativity, that's just the grumpy Scotsman coming out. ;)
Rory

Post by Rory »

I did say "sure, why not", I dont know if that counts an positivity as I am unfamiliar with the concept. If not then that is probably the closest you will see me get to it.
Terox

Post by Terox »

Thanks Wolfy, your icons have been implemented
HeavenHammer

Post by HeavenHammer »

Wolfy_ wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 10:56 pm Introduction
I would like to suggest we change the Teamspeak 3 tags. Mainly because the current ones are off-centre and have a slight black background to them. Further, I can make tags for the courses if needed.

Teamspeak 3 General Tags
Image -- Developer
Image -- Guest
Image -- Game Admin
Image -- FMT Completed Member
Image -- Member
Image -- Senior Admin
Image -- Technician

Teamspeak 3 Course Tags
Below is the 'Jungle Certification' is used as an example.

Image Option A. Different Colour Ribbons for Different Courses
Image Option B. Same Colour Ribbon, with Different Picture for Different Courses
Image Option C. Different Ribbon, Different Picture
Option D. Something Else. (Suggest below)
I dislike the change, the aesthetics are pretty ugly and looks old.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

Too bad TS only supports 16 bit (or even only 8?) colors. So the tags dont really come out that well. Or can you change that in the server settings?
Last edited by Smolof on Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spud

Post by Spud »

I agree, the colours look quite dull in ts, The green tag looks more grey tbh
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I think they would look better if made "brighter" if that's possible. In TS at the moment, they look quite dark.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Should be a 'Don't Change Tags' option to vote for. New ones are an eyesore.
Wolfy_

Post by Wolfy_ »

Rory wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 2:20 am I am shitposting but there probably should be an option F of just leaving it as it is. Tags are really not that important in my opinion and I think that it doesn't even warrant anyone's time trying to fix them or doing new ones. But if you are that desperate and want to do this then sure, why not?
ashley wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:55 pm Should be a 'Don't Change Tags' option to vote for. New ones are an eyesore.

Option E is leaving it as it is. The vote is for the training tags - not the rank tags. Thanks for the reply though :D

Terox wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm Thanks Wolfy, your icons have been implemented
Thanks a lot Terox!

I'd like to just mention that I didn't strictly create the rank tags, I found them online and shrunk them to fit with TS - however, I did make the training tags. It would be unfair of me to take total credit :)
Smolof wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm Too bad TS only supports 16 bit (or even only 8?) colors. So the tags dont really come out that well. Or can you change that in the server settings?
Spud wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm I agree, the colours look quite dull in ts, The green tag looks more grey tbh
If the admin team feels the current green tags look too grey or old, it may be worth trying a lighter green, such as this:ImageImage
Failing that you are more than welcome to contact me and I can adjust as needed. :)

Additionally, if the admin team does not like the new tags, I am more than happy to try and create some new ones if they give me a brief as to what they would like them to look like. :)
HeavenHammer

Post by HeavenHammer »

Wolfy_ wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:59 pm
Rory wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 2:20 am I am shitposting but there probably should be an option F of just leaving it as it is. Tags are really not that important in my opinion and I think that it doesn't even warrant anyone's time trying to fix them or doing new ones. But if you are that desperate and want to do this then sure, why not?
ashley wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:55 pm Should be a 'Don't Change Tags' option to vote for. New ones are an eyesore.

Option E is leaving it as it is. The vote is for the training tags - not the rank tags. Thanks for the reply though :D

Terox wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm Thanks Wolfy, your icons have been implemented
Thanks a lot Terox!

I'd like to just mention that I didn't strictly create the rank tags, I found them online and shrunk them to fit with TS - however, I did make the training tags. It would be unfair of me to take total credit :)
Smolof wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm Too bad TS only supports 16 bit (or even only 8?) colors. So the tags dont really come out that well. Or can you change that in the server settings?
Spud wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm I agree, the colours look quite dull in ts, The green tag looks more grey tbh
If the admin team feels the current green tags look too grey or old, it may be worth trying a lighter green, such as this:ImageImage
Failing that you are more than welcome to contact me and I can adjust as needed. :)

Additionally, if the admin team does not like the new tags, I am more than happy to try and create some new ones if they give me a brief as to what they would like them to look like. :)
Okay well I'm perfectly for you working on new tags but I really don't see why Terox just put them on right now, hardly 24 hours after the post, it triggers me.
Manx95

Post by Manx95 »

Why have these been implemented within less than 24 hours?

All appreciate people doing work to improve, however these look worse than what we originally had...
Frags will make ya go boooom! :lol: :lol: