ACE 3.12.6 - Smoke

Any Topics related to the No.2 Server
Rodi

ACE 3.12.6 - Smoke

Post by Rodi »

Iam pretty sure the most recent ACE update borked AI's behavior relating to detecting the inbuilt "extension" of vanilla smoke.

Experienced several incidents today, in which AI would either shoot through the extension of the smoke or straight through the middle.
And it's not just them supressing your last known like they'd always do, instead they would accurately track you through the smoke and continue firing at you on your "new" position.

Is this just me or did someone else feel this way?

Edit: Sadly recording software broke so no vod.
Rip Inglisch
Wombat

Re: ACE 3.12.6 - Smoke

Post by Wombat »

I was never a rifleman in the thick of it for that gamenight so I can't confirm or deny from my own experience. I do think it's worth some testing though and if we do find an issue, we can at the very least report it to the ACE dev team.
[Ben]

Re: ACE 3.12.6 - Smoke

Post by [Ben] »

Edges of the smoke is possible. Center of the smoke is unlikely, bare in mind that due to the way arma works a single individual AI doesn't necessarily need to see you in order to track you like that. If other members in the group can see you they will "relay" the information which leads to AI being able to keep an aim on you with some minor penalties.

I personally was not shot at through the smoke by any AI that i couldn't see and identify as the one trying to kill me. These things are usually tricky to test, as there are a lot of variables that become a factor, especially on a dedicated server. It is also unlikely that any code changes have been made to ACE Particles in a while, plus there was no mention of anything in the release changelog.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.