ZGM Shadow Nights

Any Topics related to the No.2 Server
Face

ZGM Shadow Nights

Post by Face »

Would it be like a good idea if on some night or any night where zgms have "shadows" aka someone who just slot up as co zeus and watch to learn the ins and outs of zgming. I've had ideas but never been confident in mission making or running a zgm and figured if i could sit in and watch in real time (and maybe play around a little bit) so that i can be able to run a good zgm.
Aiming is Overrated
Kyoptic

Re: ZGM Shadow Nights

Post by Kyoptic »

Feel free to shadow watch any of my ZGMs :)

No need to organize a specific night - just ask any of the regular ZGMs: "Can I watch from the co-zeus slot?". So long as you follow the appropriate etiquette (don't remote units unless asked, don't spawn units or change them unless asked... basically touch nothing until you're told to XD) you'll be fine.

Once you start to get to grips with things and you've gained some trust/confidence from the ZGM, you can start to co-zeus stuff, or build aspects of the mission while the main ZGM focuses on other stuff - and you can always set up a LR or SR channel to explain things.
Making the world a better place, by shooting people in the face.
kMaN

Post by kMaN »

Hey Face, I've been watching Leutin's Zeus GM videos where he basically talks through what he is doing as the Zeus GM while everyone else is playing the mission/scenario. I've learnt the basics just by watching his videos. I'll then created a scenario with only AI and let it play out so I can get some practice with the different modules, functions, etc. Combine that with shadowing one of the ZGM's here and I'm sure you'd get the hang of it quickly, and you'd know how this community likes to play ZGM missions.
Hoping that I get out of the UAE soon and to a better time zone country so I can join more Zeus Gaming Nights! :D
nicky

Post by nicky »

Same here, if anyone wants to learn, I'm always happy to help and get more people making ZGMS for the Community, just give me a poke
Face

Post by Face »

Yeah maybe a designated night would be a little overboard but i just didnt want to start bugging people to teach me how to zeus. But ill definitely take any opportunity to learn if people are willing to tolerate a co zeus.
Aiming is Overrated
kMaN

Post by kMaN »

Face wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:12 am Yeah maybe a designated night would be a little overboard but i just didnt want to start bugging people to teach me how to zeus. But ill definitely take any opportunity to learn if people are willing to tolerate a co zeus.
I felt the same way Face, ie - bugging people.
Hoping that I get out of the UAE soon and to a better time zone country so I can join more Zeus Gaming Nights! :D
ashley

Post by ashley »

kMaN wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am and you'd know how this community likes to play ZGM missions.
This community like ZGM?? o.O
kMaN

Post by kMaN »

ashley wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:07 pm
kMaN wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am and you'd know how this community likes to play ZGM missions.
Like as in meaning the style of ZGM.

We played 2-3 ZGM missions last Saturday. The protecting Boris one was a bit fast/short, but the hidden SAM sites in the forest was pretty fun. I can't remember the third one we played, but that's probably due to me being old.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

It depends, there is a lot of factors and recently the admins are doing great job of making ZGM do better missions than before... which is nice.
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Manx95

Post by Manx95 »

I have recently started on ZGM's and really think the community are enjoying them. The best bit is you can get immediate feedback from guys and they tell you plainly what they did or did not like which is really useful to hear.
Frags will make ya go boooom! :lol: :lol:
kMaN

Post by kMaN »

I enjoyed the protecting Boris one, but I was laughing too much at the person playing Boris and Stacey yelling at everyone.
Bank

Post by Bank »

" laughing too much at the person playing Boris and Stacey yelling at everyone"
I feel things like these are why server 2 is having issues with ZGM games. I HATE listening to people 'role play' as a Russian/ Taliban/ whatever, I feel that the Zeus community is not really the place for that kind of thing.
Not wrong, just an asshole
kMaN

Post by kMaN »

Stacey yelling at everyone was a joke.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

ashley wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:07 pm This community like ZGM?? o.O
Some do and some don't. We are a community not a fking hive mind.
Manx95

Post by Manx95 »

Smolof wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 pm
ashley wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:07 pm This community like ZGM?? o.O
Some do and some don't. We are a community not a fking hive mind.
Exactly a ZGM gives the player an opportunity to try all different kinds of variations missions, including sometimes elements of role play. If you don't like it don't play the mission. Quite simple really.
Frags will make ya go boooom! :lol: :lol: