Can't Connect?

Any Topics related to the No.2 Server
Lewis

Can't Connect?

Post by Lewis »

Hello everybody.

So I've been trying to get on Server #2 basically all day now and I continue to have no luck. No matter what I do I can't connect.

Currently, this is what I got at the minute.
https://gyazo.com/f738c7a43f62752c9c51845a5d721b80

As you can see I've tried using ArmA 3 Sync with all the mods active yet the server still won't let me connect. I also tried using the Local Mod option on the launcher, Shortcut Desktop option, but none with any success. So I'd really appreciate any assistance anyone can offer, and please don't just say to reinstall the mods or to verify my game, because that has been tried to.

Thanks.
Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way!
MURRAY122

Re: Can't Connect?

Post by MURRAY122 »

Lewis wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:05 pm Hello everybody.

So I've been trying to get on Server #2 basically all day now and I continue to have no luck. No matter what I do I can't connect.

As you can see I've tried using ArmA 3 Sync with all the mods active yet the server still won't let me connect. I also tried using the Local Mod option on the launcher, Shortcut Desktop option, but none with any success. So I'd really appreciate any assistance anyone can offer, and please don't just say to reinstall the mods or to verify my game, because that has been tried to.

Thanks.

Hello Lewis,

Looks like it is the ZCBA.

Best and quickest thing you could do is to remove the ZCBA from your computer and re-download via Armasync. Tends to fix most issues with these types of things
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

MURRAY122 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:09 pm
Lewis wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:05 pm Hello everybody.

Thanks.

Hello Lewis,

Looks like it is the ZCBA.

Best and quickest thing you could do is to remove the ZCBA from your computer and re-download via Armasync. Tends to fix most issues with these types of things
Thanks for the help Murray, however it didn't seem to work. I just deleted ZCBA_A3 from my files and then re-downloaded it using the repository... no luck. I've never seen this issue before and I have played ArmA from early Alpha. Alwell, thanks anyway.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Try running without Z test

\arma3battleye.exe" 0 1 -nosplash -world=empty -showscripterrors -skipIntro -mod=@ZCBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@ZCommon;@ZIslands;@ZAce;@ZAlive;@Zclient;@ARES;@add

edit: you don't need test and you don't need the server only stuff... so get rid of that too
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Lewis wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:21 pm Thanks for the help Murray, however it didn't seem to work. I just deleted ZCBA_A3 from my files and then re-downloaded it using the repository... no luck. I've never seen this issue before and I have played ArmA from early Alpha. Alwell, thanks anyway.

Its no problem, the last thing you can try would be to try a new shortcut.

Go into your ArmA 3 folder.
Right Click on battleye.exe
Click send to
Click Create desktop shortcut

Go to your desktop and right click the new shortcut
Click Properties
Your target line should look like this

"..\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe"

Just add this to the end.

"..\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe" 0 1 -nosplash -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -skipIntro -mod=@ZCBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@ZCommon;@Zace;@ZIslands;@ZAlive;@Zclient;@misc;

Click apply once entered
Then use this shortcut to launch the game

Post by 2600K »

http://info.zeus-community.net
Section 7b, follow the Shortcut bit at the bottom.

If you literally copy either example above it won't work (you don't have @Ares or @misc!).

If you're still stuck hop on TS and ask for help in the S#2 channel.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

MURRAY122 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:52 pm
Lewis wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:21 pm Thanks for the help Murray, however it didn't seem to work. I just deleted ZCBA_A3 from my files and then re-downloaded it using the repository... no luck. I've never seen this issue before and I have played ArmA from early Alpha. Alwell, thanks anyway.

Its no problem, the last thing you can try would be to try a new shortcut.

Go into your ArmA 3 folder.
Right Click on battleye.exe
Click send to
Click Create desktop shortcut

Go to your desktop and right click the new shortcut
Click Properties
Your target line should look like this

"..\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe"

Just add this to the end.

"..\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe" 0 1 -nosplash -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -skipIntro -mod=@ZCBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@ZCommon;@Zace;@ZIslands;@ZAlive;@Zclient;@misc;

Click apply once entered
Then use this shortcut to launch the game
Thank you Murray, it seems to be all working now. Also, thank you Tom as well.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Lewis wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:21 pm
Thank you Murray, it seems to be all working now. Also, thank you Tom as well.
Your very welcome, Enjoy the server
Karle

Post by Karle »

Got a friend who cant seem to connect to the repo, throws this error;
Thats when trying to Import the autoconfig, entering manually still throws error but instead of /.a3s/autoconfig it throws it on /.a3s/sync
Tried everything I could think of and am at a loss now, so any help appreciated! :)

Steps tried;
- Start as admin (Constantly running with Compatability mode; Run As Administrator)
- Re-install (uninstall and redownload)
- Clean install (*uninstalled, related folders deleted (could only see the main one in Program Files?), registry cleaned with CCleaner, restart and re-install)
- Manually filling the A3Sync Repo details
- Manually creating Windows Firewall exception for A3Sync
- Disable AV and tried steps all again.
- Copying \ZeusAddonsRepo.a3s.repository from my \ArmA3Sync\resources\ftp\ folder into his (not much hope with that one lol but trying everything...)

- Dont know weather it matters but the drive Arma (+A3Sync) was installed on didnt have the same Security Permissions as mine (Their drive was set with System as owner, mine as Administrator, so he changed them to match mine, no luck though). And yes, Administrator has Write permissions (Admin has all of them except Special).
- Clean install and tried connecting again after doing each of the things listed

It is defiantly on his end, as I can wipe the Repo from my list and reconnect to it doing exactley the same as him and get no problems.

P.S sorry for jacking the thread, didn't see the point in making another for repo help though lol.

Edit: Forgot to mention, running the .bat installer for .a3Sync, theres sumat about not having permission to write, (hence the Windows Permission crap) I'll check what it is properly when hes next about
Face

Post by Face »

Dumb question karle but did you try rebooting his computer? Didn't see it in you're list of steps tried and that's often an overlooked solution for everything.
Aiming is Overrated
Karle

Post by Karle »

Yeah, got him to reboot whenever A3Sync was uninstalled and registry was cleaned. Tried again today a few times but still no luck, might see if he trusts me enough for TeamViewer or sumat. Im kinda at a loss though, only thing i can think of now is a format and fresh install of everything :(
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

Only thing I could think of now that's left is the Java version. Could try removing every Java version there is on the PC and redownload the latest Java 7. There might be a conflict somewhere between Java versions or architectures. So make sure he only has one Java 7 preferably the 64 bit version

If problems persist try and reach me on TS.