SV2 lack of missions

Any Topics related to the No.2 Server
supahgamer

SV2 lack of missions

Post by supahgamer »

As most of us know there were a lot of complaints from members saying that we are running out of missions and after a search i´ve noticed we can implement some Steam workshops missions to our servers reducing the load on our mission makers and providing us more missions

If enough people agrees on solution we can set standarts for people to ask missions to be implemented like

-20+ players
-Should not have dlc requirements
-should not include extra mods

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =857478314 <-- some plausible missions
Which part is the trigger

Re: SV2 lack of missions

Post by 2600K »

We have hundreds of missions so it's not due to the numbers, but are you referring to gamenight missions or everyday missions?

It would be good to understand why those members don't want to play one of the 200+ missions we already have.
Do they not get a choice to play something else?
Do they try the missions and they don't work?
Is the mission too hard or only has ironsights?
Is there anything we can do to change this?

All said, if ANYONE finds a cool mission that as you say matches OUR MODSET we can easily get it added. All the Wolfpack missions on S2 for example weren't made by a Zeus member, some members have even taken the time to modify other missions to work on our server (ALiVE Insurgency and the like).

Due to the amount of mods avaliable, finding a mission that'll 'just be playable' isn't easy - Some of the examples you've already provided lists MCC (which we don't use due to stability issues, I believe) or LeightsOpFor (which is buggy af). Hence why the choice is sometimes somewhat limited - We can't really change that but we can look to make our own missions more playable, so people don't view it as a lack of choice.
supahgamer

Post by supahgamer »

Sorry for complication yes i am talking about none gamenight missions
Which part is the trigger
Kyoptic

Post by Kyoptic »

Between ZGMs, the innumerable insurgencies and counterinsurgences and other seeder missions do people really struggle?

If so, what kind of gameplay are they looking for that they're not getting or able to get?

I have to disagree on the number of missions available, because we've got over a dozen (probably far more) that are completely replayable, being generated every single time in a different manner. I think it's more along the lines of what 26k has said; people just don't want to play the missions we have. If that's it, then we need to establish what type of gameplay feel like they're missing and recruit a mission maker into creating that vision.
Making the world a better place, by shooting people in the face.
Tom

Post by Tom »

The missions is not the problem... Just came from an insurgency mission and did nothing for a solid 20 minutes before being hit by a boat and drowning in the river on celle.

There is a huge amount of seeder mission, but as soon as one bug emerges or the arsenal is locked it is deemed broken and locked. This is a real motivation for people making these mission, spending hours on refining and tweaking their mission to then hear: "yeah, but the arsenal is locked and i don't like your loadout"... (This is a proper frustration of mine).

Hund worked out a template for a non gamenight mission or seeder mission or what evs, that can be ported to any island.
Currently i'm doing so for bozcaada and others are in the pipe line, but yeah, motivation to release is not really that high.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

To be fair though, even with a locked arsenal, there are people who still take ages to get their gear. So I'm not really sure a locked arsenal is what we need. Don't really mind though, if there is one.

I also don't think that bugs are the cause of not playing a certain mission, because let's be honest, they are all buggy at least a bit :). But that's just Arma and we are used to it.

I believe people are just looking for entirely different kinds of missions, because every seeder mission is very similar gameplay wise. It pretty much all comes down to go there, kill some stuff (maybe get a reward) and repeat. Resistance by Kyoptic is so far the only mission that has some different objective types and not the standard US/NATO gear.

What I would like to see in future seeder missions, is some change in factions, gear and mission types. But since I have little to none imagination, why don't people post some ideas in the forum, of what they would like to see as mission type and setup in general. I'm sure someone would be happy to make a mission out of those ideas. ;)

Edit: As a side note. Could we give seeder missions a different tag, to easily distinguish between them and GN missions.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Smolof wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:05 pm I believe people are just looking for entirely different kinds of missions, because every seeder mission is very similar gameplay wise. It pretty much all comes down to go there, kill some stuff (maybe get a reward) and repeat. Resistance by Kyoptic is so far the only mission that has some different objective types and not the standard US/NATO gear.

What I would like to see in future seeder missions, is some change in factions, gear and mission types. But since I have little to none imagination, why don't people post some ideas in the forum, of what they would like to see as mission type and setup in general. I'm sure someone would be happy to make a mission out of those ideas. ;)
Agreed.

On a similar note, I don't know why so many of our seeding missions are based on using US vehicles and equipment. We do have some guerrilla based missions but not a conventional force where we get to use non-US air and ground vehicles. More seeding missions with Russian (or alternative) vehicles and equipment would bring some welcome variety.

There are many assets which we rarely get the chance to play with, seeding or game-night mission. Most of them Russian.

For example, how many missions have we used the following vehicles?

BDRM 9P148 (ATGM variant fits the bill for powerful but vulnerable "glass cannon")
BTR80A (auto-cannon variant of BTR has extra bite)
All BMPs (especially the neglected BMP3)
ZSU-23-4 (Shilkas don't need to be limited to the AA role, they can directly support infantry as well)
ZU-23 technical (see Shilka)
Russian MBTs (especially the older T72 and T80 varients, no thermals = more interesting game-play)
KA-52 (we've had this for ages but when do we ever use it?)
The new Mi-28
SU-25
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

#maketagsgreatagain
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.