Welcome to the Zeus Community Forums!
Read through the content contained in the links before posting a Help Thread:
Central Information Repository
Help and Support
We are aware of a minor CSS issue in the forums. This was due to site AV having an issue with some files. We are working to fix the identified errors and hope to return the forum to normal operation soon. If you spot any issues in the forum please PM Snowman.

Global Mobilisation DLC gamenight schedule has been set. See here for details

If you want to paste code please use Pastebin to do it, we are currently having trouble with the spambots.

Store now available! | YouTube channel now up! | Discord server now up!

Mission Template for Server #1 and #2

Re: Template for Server #2

Post by 2600K » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:05 pm

If you're not getting anywhere, upload the mission somewhere and I'll take a look.

Bill

Post by Bill » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Oh mighty 2600K, I am playing around with the template trying to make something but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get DAC running, I have done it in the past when playing around in the template but cant remember how.

Edit: Ignore this i'm a blind idiot.

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi 26K, I'm having issues with the loadouts...

I'm using the assignedloadouts.sqf, but it crashes the game immediately (even with the default text in there).
Do I need to do something more?

if (_side == "west") then {
#include "f_loadout_usm_bdu_d.sqf";
};

edit: DERP, found it...

Post by 2600K » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Yeah arma hates having referenced files that don't exist :)

Ensure the gear script you want to use is next to it in the same folder or double check the filename is typed exactly as it appears and you'll be set.

Spud

Post by Spud » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:31 pm

IGNORE

I have been using the template for a while now and i have come across an issue that hasn't occurred before.

Everything works as planned on local but when it is on the test server i am unable to open the inventory or get in vehicles. For the first 15 Seconds at the start of the mission everything works fine but after this time when you try to open the inventory it opens for 0.1 seconds and then closes. When trying to get in a vehicle it does the animation of getting in and when the animation finishes it kicks you out.

I have already tried disabling safe start and making sure the vehicles are unlocked. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Smolof

Post by Smolof » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 am

@Admin: Can we put the 2 template threads into the Stickys so its easier to find please?

Considering the amount of people using it and us encouraging them to do so, i think it would be helpful.

Wombat

Post by Wombat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Smolof wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 am
@Admin: Can we put the 2 template threads into the Stickys so its easier to find please?

Considering the amount of people using it and us encouraging them to do so, i think it would be helpful.
Regular game admins don't currently have the correct permissions to sticky a thread but it's done now for this thread (thanks to Stealthy) since you're right in that this thread is a very useful resource for the community.

There was a sister thread to this one for the server#1 template but somehow it has been lost so I've kindly asked 26k if he could edit this one to include it or create another thread dedicated to the server#1 template.

Jim

Re: Mission Template for Server #1 and #2

Post by Jim » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Probably one for 2600K - but anyone is welcome to chime in with tips:

Trying to get my file sizes down. I notice that a lot of your missions are lovely 600KB instead of hulking 2MB.

There's stuff like the GEAR folder and DAC folder (if not being used) that i know I can safely delete. Then there's bits like the unused briefing_.sqf files that i cannot delete without a mission breaking.

Do you have a handy list of must retain parts of the template eg: F folder and bits that can probably be deleted without total fail so long as they are not explicitly being called.

In the past I've tried deleting UPS and LV when I'm pretty sure I haven't used them - but I get error messages :(

It would be nice to be able to optimise where possible instead of filling everyone's MPMissionCache folder with MB of unnecessary data

Thanks

Jim

Post by 2600K » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 pm

The stuff that can be deleted is all contained in the scripts folder, DAC and UPS are both fairly large.

Arma doesn't support checking if a file exists or not before loading it so anything in the 'f' or 'mission' folder, must be edited only, not deleted.

RE error messages - Open your mission.sqm in a text editor and search for '.sqf' to see if any object has a reference to ups or LV in its init, or check your scripts.sqf to make sure you've not referenced UPSMON there - It is disabled by default though, so its most likely crept into a unit init somewhere.

Jim

Post by Jim » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Thanks dude - will have a good look - Have a happy new year!

MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Quick Question,

Looking to use the "Sector" module while using the Server 1 Temp. Appears its not compatible or i might be doing something wrong. No error warnings appear while using it so its tricky to see what is causing the issue.

I have tested the Sector module without the temp and all works fine.

The issue itself is that... when you go to test the mission, You are taken to the lobby screen. You can slot up. Then it gets stuck on the loading screen before the mission briefing. Only way out is to alt-tab and end task. I have checked the normal stuff such as the Init, Desc files etc... and all looks ok..

Any ideas?

LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Hey 26K,
what do i put in the Loadout.sqf to enforce a specific loadout? for Example : Squad leaders.
Always Have A Zeus Mission...

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:23 pm

If this is what I think it's for blackfire then you can assign different weapons and gear for specific units in the latter section of the loadout, this is an example from my US airbourne loadout:
// LOADOUT: COMMANDER
case "co":
{
["smg"] call _backpack; // Loads the SMG backpack instead of the grenadier one
_unit addHeadGear "H_LIB_US_AB_Helmet_CO_1"; // Equips the Officer helmet, overrides the base uniform
_unit forceAddUniform "U_LIB_USA_NCO_InfM41VgPmCptM1Car"; // Equips the Officer uniform, overrides the base uniform
_unit setUnitTrait ["engineer",1]; // Sets unit as engineer,
_unit addMagazines [_smgmag,_defMags]; // Gives unit SMG ammunition
[_unit, _smg] call f_fnc_addWeapon; // Gives unit SMG instead of rifleGL which is the base for 26k's
_unit addMagazines [_grenade,1]; //
_unit addMagazines [_smokegrenade,1]; // Grenades
_unit addMagazines [_smokegrenadealt,1]; //
[_unit, _binos2] call f_fnc_addWeapon; // Equips Binos
_unit addItem "ACE_Flashlight_MX991"; // Equips red map flashlight for officers and NCOs
_attachments = _attach_co; // Superfluous code for weapon attachments, there are none for CO
};

LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:07 pm

couldn't find the updated template 26k
Always Have A Zeus Mission...