Mission making: guidance needed.

Lionheart

Mission making: guidance needed.

Post by Lionheart »

Hello, i'm finishing up a mission i've created, it's my 1st attempt. Complete with an actual briefing that you can read, and a couple of tasks that actually check when completed!
The only thing i'm lacking and really want to include are Squad markers on the map, and a 'press U for nametags' option.

I'm looking at this link for scripts https://github.com/LISTINGS09/Zeus_Server1
but i can't figure out which one to use. Description is minimal. Please help.

Looking forward to implementing those 2 visual aids and finally testing the mission :)
Spud

Re: Mission making: guidance needed.

Post by Spud »

Try this
mission/scripts.sqf Line 11 and Line 21
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Nice! Where would these go?
forgive me, total noob.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Just leave them there, as long as they dont have

Code: Select all

//
before them they you are good to go
For the group markers on maps it says to the right what each number does.

0 = Disable, 1 = On Map, 2 = On Map + Screen, 3 = Map + Squad Stats, 4 = Commander Map Only, 5 = Commander Map + Squad Stats

f_param_groupMarkers = X;
Where X can be any number from 0 to 5
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Do you mean i should make a file called scripts.sqf and place it in the mission folder with these lines?
Spud

Post by Spud »

I was assuming you were using the template, in which this will be done for you. I highly recommend using it, it does everything for you.
Simply copy all the files and folders into your mission folder APART FROM THE mission.sqm and you are good to go
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

1- So i should just copy all the files on this page? https://github.com/LISTINGS09/Zeus_Server1 into my mission folder? ..and then tweak and disable/enable what i want?

2- Will this affect the loadouts? I have spent too many hours tweaking those.

3- Also is it too late to do that now that i have all units placed?

4- Will my briefing be replaced?

5- Basically i want to know if this will set me back a lot.
Spud

Post by Spud »

1) Yes, except the mission.sqm, can't stress that enough
2) You would have to redo the loadout in one of the files
3) You would have to take units from the template mission and put them in yours
4) You can copy and paste your briefing into the briefing file, so no biggy there
5) It will be a set back so i wouldn't recommend on using it as you have already made a lot of progress, use it for the next mission that you make.
Folau

Post by Folau »

Is there an easy way of determining vehicle inventories in a similar manner to the way player loadouts are handled? So loop through all (for example) Blufor vehicles, clear inventories, and depending on vehicle type give it certain equipment? Happy to just do this within the editor on a per-vehicle basis, but I would like to have some standard files to just drop in to a mission, so I know (say) a Hunter has certain standard kit in it along with anything mission-specific I can then add manually.

(Not sure if this is in the Git above anywhere, haven't had time to fully unpick it so far)

FYI though I spent a lot of the weekend playing around with this, and I've got various bits of missions I used previously I can rework without too much hassle.
Last edited by Folau on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

I did every kit manually for my mission, it gives pleasure d:
I'm going back to the drawing board with the template being installed now. I have restored the briefing and load-outs seem unaffected.
Calling it a night for now (:

Things i still need to fix:
- Extraction trigger and conditions (no idea what i'm doing)
- Squad Markers
- 3pv
- disable fireteam map markers and disable shift click
- the mission now starts in random params, i must find and remove the params options or lock it to default at least for time of day. (mission is intended to be played at night)
- test revive/respawn/spectator systems...
Folau

Post by Folau »

Well I have my own player loadout scripts I spent a while making, which I am happy to use and probably improve further as and when needed. I'd like to then have some complimentary vehicle loadout scripts so I can just let that all be dealt with elsewhere - make it the computer's job after I just randomly throw units at the map :)

Post by 2600K »

The following is a video of me using the framework to build a mission, start to finish - Skip to 30 minutes for the merging of the framework - Definitely DONT overwrite your mission.sqm file - That's your mission!

https://youtu.be/AHTJdjwTstM

If you're using the framework, the same function being used to set a soldiers gear can be used on vehicles.

This isn't all that different from the original F3 function; http://ferstaberinde.com/f3/en//index.p ... the_script

Specific vehicle loadouts can be found in 'mission\loadout\f_vehicle_loadout.sqf', you can edit or create your own.

Then the function can be called like below, putting the code in the init of the vehicle (like the soldiers) which would fill the car with the 'v_car' gear list;

["v_car",this] call f_fnc_assignGear;
If you called the above, the script would try and find the side the vehicle belongs to and fill it with the gear file you had included for that side in 'mission\loadout\assignedLoadouts.sqf' - So you need the above code in the init of every vehicle you want to change.

If you had a CSAT Ifrit you wanted filled with NATO gear, you can force the script to use the NATO side by doing the following;

["v_car",this,"blu_f"] call f_fnc_assignGear;
Folau

Post by Folau »

Ah awesome, I'll have a look through that later. Thanks for the help 2600K.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

2600K wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 am The following is a video of me using the framework to build a mission, start to finish - Skip to 30 minutes for the merging of the framework - Definitely DONT overwrite your mission.sqm file - That's your mission!

https://youtu.be/AHTJdjwTstM
Gonna be watching this video very carefully!

What program do you use to look at the scripts? I use notepad and the text format is too messed up to read even with text wrap enabled.
Folau

Post by Folau »

Notepad++ is fairly decent. Use it for most coding things when I don't have or can't be bothered to find a proper IDE.