Yes: Keep us in rice fields
43%
No: Take me out i hate mosquitos
57%

Total votes: 35

supahgamer

Keep Unsung or not

Post by supahgamer »

This weekend we had an amazing gamenight/event on our sv4 with Unsung Delta Mod and looks like people like it wants to keep it here at least for until the next event most of us in fact know our servers have limited resources so we could suspend the sv2 if the following conditions are met (these are up to admins and and can change)
Which part is the trigger
lordnaylor

Re: Keep Unsung or not

Post by lordnaylor »

Loved playing on Unsung, Prefer it to server 2, will be a shame to see it go.
Milton

Post by Milton »

I do think we should keep this mod as many people including myself like this mod better than the server two mods. I am hoping we keep this mod for a while longer as it does attract more people and makes the enviroment fun.
Geo

Re: #MakeSv4GreatAgain

Post by Geo »

I agree fully, the atmosphere is brilliant. Unsung is an entire fitting package in my eyes for the best gameplay. Server 2 is lacking a bit in comparison, on the immersion and the lack of variety a bit. Not slacking it, I like playing on server 2, but Unsung is just a whole different ballgame. Besides that, Unsung is still improving every 6 months or so.
Ryanwilliams2465

Post by Ryanwilliams2465 »

I wouldn't mind seeing UNSUNG go or not but I don't want it to replace Server No. 2 altogether... Just like to see UNSUNG as an addition.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

I never did this for it to be permanent, my dealings with this ends on Monday. So not my choice as far as I am concerned Vietnam stuff ends on Monday. Whether the server is kept up is not my choice.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
ashley

Post by ashley »

UNSUNG should in my opinion be kept as just a special event mod. It would draw numbers away from our usual servers if it was permanent and it doesn't provide as much variety as we get on No.2.
Micael

Post by Micael »

either add Unsung to No.2, or just keep it for special events.
Like ashley said, it will split the community among 3 servers.
Yeah it's 10GB of data, but if people download it to play on special events, they can surely download it in the No2 REPO
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

Big no against adding to the regular modset. that would be 30gb's of mods to download in total.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

ashley

Post by ashley »

Micael wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:22 pm either add Unsung to No.2, or just keep it for special events.
Yeah it's 10GB of data, but if people download it to play on special events, they can surely download it in the No2 REPO
Adding it to the standard modset is out of the question, it is already big enough as it is. Plus UNSUNG is like 15GB-20GB not 10GB which would nearly double our current size for just 1 mod.
Geo

Post by Geo »

ashley wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm
Micael wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:22 pm either add Unsung to No.2, or just keep it for special events.
Adding it to the standard modset is out of the question, it is already big enough as it is. Plus UNSUNG is like 15GB-20GB not 10GB which would nearly double our current size for just 1 mod.
Correct me if I am wrong, but in my gamefiles it is roughly 10 GB. Unless I am not seeing something.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

Compressed.

Geo

Post by Geo »

Cobra. wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:36 pmCompressed.
I am referring to the map folder extracted, not zipped. It literally is 10,7GB.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Geo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:33 pm
ashley wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but in my gamefiles it is roughly 10 GB. Unless I am not seeing something.
Its more than 10GB, the server says is 15.1GB, I don't the mod downloaded so can't check my own files. Server size should be the same as client size anyway.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

There is no reason to have a map on the server that only gets played every 2-3 months. We might as well reduce the size of the repo and get ready to get wrecked by an update from RHS instead.