- Red Alert
10%

Total votes: 10

Neildmac

Other Games Night - Update 13/12/16

Post by Neildmac »

// New vote available for 23/12/16 //

Other Games Night
where our glorious community will either decimate or ally together in new games and old.

These run similarly to the Arma nights do currently (6:30PM, set day(/s), etc) though could be subject to change depending on the situation. Current games will be chosen on this topic by voting after suggestions are put in though the previous game will have a replay vote for a maximum of 2 nights in a row - exceptions for long running games apply.

CURRENT SETUP:
1 Night fortnightly at 18:30 GMT Friday night. Steam notifications will appear at 18:00 GMT to allow people to gather and another at 18:30 GMT to denote the Nights beginning

You can submit suggested changes to the game night setup but will be taken with relative criticism and cynicism as well as game suggestions. Adhere to this format when suggesting new games;

Game: (Game Name)
Cost: (Free-to-play, etc)
Max No. Of players: (Self explanatory)
Description: (Basic description of the game - Strategy, Set in fantasy, General game time, etc)
Benefits: (High replay-ability, Hot-join compatible, Easy to learn)
Downsides: (High cost, Runs like Arma, Low player count(<8), Bugprone (New game). Stick to less than five downsides or reconsider your suggestion)
Additional comments: (Obvious)

Bear in mind that multiple sessions can be run at the same time so different game modes can be played concurrently (Eg. Battlefield selected - Rush and Conquest) and we can use public servers if they can handle us. Don't suggest Arma for obvious reasons. (That's what specials are for you twit.)

Current suggestions list includes (* = Requires Detailing, Last shuffle 24/09/16):

28/10/16
- America's Army Proving Grounds
- Planetside 2
- * Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (OpenRCT2 Mod)
- * Mechwarrior Online
- Trackmania Nations Forever
- War Thunder

11/11/16
- * Guns Of Icarus
- * Space Engineers
- Evolve
- Squad
- Heroes & Generals
- * Renegade Ops

25/11/16
- Warframe
- Verdun
- Total War Series
- * Hawken
- Team Fortress 2

9/12/16
- DayZ Standalone
- Chivalry Medieval Warfare
- * World of Tanks/Warships
- Red Orchestra 2/ Rising Storm
- * Rocket League

23/12/16
- Star Citizen
- Mount & Blade: Warband +DLC
- * Next Car Game: Wreckfest
- * Gang Beasts
- Red Alert

06/01/17
- GTA V
- Farm Simulator 2013
- * Dota 2
- * Fistful of Frags
- Falcon BMS 4.33
- * Elite: Dangerous

20/01/17
- Starbound
- * Pulsar: Lost Colony
- Wargame: Red Dragon
- * Stellaris
- * Crusader Kings 2
- * Battlefield

Added after 20/01/17 List reshuffle:
- * Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
- * Company of Heroes +DLCs
- * Crossout

After the list has completed the list will reshuffle. A new system allowing for more choices (10 per vote) will be used after the lift shuffles.

Suggestion template for the lazy:

Game:
Cost:
Max No. Of players:
Description:
Benefits:
Downsides:
Additional comments:
honeymoon

Re: The Other Games Night

Post by honeymoon »

Happy to play but no suggestions from me atm. How about an Apex game night to run separately.
weedmasta

Post by weedmasta »

Game: DayZ Standalone
Cost: Steam Purchase (you will need to check in your region)
Max No. Of players: 2-10
Description: Playing on Hardcore servers (1st Person Only), friendly/bandits/neutral to be decided by players
Benefits: Teamwork, situational awareness, map reading
Downsides: Long Sessions
Additional comments: The .6 update fixed a lot of the issues with stability and frame drops. The game is very much playable now and the zombies are fearsome :)
Dmitry Yuri

Post by Dmitry Yuri »

Game: Planetside 2
Cost: Free!
Max No. Of players: Not sure, best result I've found is 2000 per Continent (whatever that means). There will probably be enough room for everyone to be on the same server in the same instance even if everyone in the community joined in.
Description: (MMO)FPS. 3 Teams, futuristic US/EU, futuristic Russians and futuristic Asia. Fight it out over massive battlefields with hundreds of players all fighting the same war in the same server. http://store.steampowered.com/app/218230/
Benefits: Has a squad system, class based loadouts, combined arms gameplay. We could use a similar command structure to what we use on the ArmA servers.
Downsides: Every time I launch the game I seem to have to download another 9GB. So people with a download limit might have a bit of a cry. Also if we have some people who have never played the game before or have only played on a faction that we are not playing as then we will be lacking some of the cooler equipment & vehicles, unless you want to pay to win!
Additional comments: 3,704 peak players* on 20/06/16 so there should be plenty of dudes to shoot at.

*http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

Game: Chivalry Medieval Warfare
Cost: 18 Pounds
Max No. Of players: Depends on server 20-64
Description: A Brutal hack and slash team based multiplayer game, set in a fictional country during a Civil war, with Attack and defend objectives or pure duelling or team-deathmatch
Benefits:Based on Source, so running it shouldn't be a issue, relaxed atmosphere (relative to arma), Overall different gameplay style to the games we normally play.
Downsides: Costs 18 GBP
Additional comments: nein.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

+1 for PlanetSide 2 :)
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

If Planet Side then NC pls.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Game: Team Fortress 2
Cost: None (F2P)
Max No. Of players: Depends on server, could go up to 24
Description: Class based team FPS which is easy to play but hard to master.
Benefits:
  • Despite being an FPS, it's very different to Arma.
    Game is really fun when played as a team with communication.
    Unlike other F2P games, this one has no pay-to-win elements.
    Easy to run even on low-end PCs.
Downsides: It's another FPS game?
Additional comments: N/A
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

+1 PlanetSide 2. That could really work well if there's enough interest.

Black wake is another fun little game, but still alpha or beta atm I believe. Not sure on how others feel about pre release games, but I've about had my fill of them. Blackwake is a fun little diversion, but currently not seeing much longevity in it.

As for an APEX night, it's something we're working on at the moment and may be (nothing definitive yet) run as a separate, trained community member only, game night prior to the official release using the dev branch. Will keep you posted on this.

Snowman
Tom

Post by Tom »

Never played planet side, but the scale seems interesting...

As for apex nights... It releases the 11th July, I personaly wouldnt bother putting in the effort, but thats just me.

Iron front addon gamenights on the other hand. But then that's arma again i guess.
lucius

Post by lucius »

Not played planet side, but would be interested.

+1 to chivalry, a game which, despite appearances, can employ some skill and it would be interesting to see some larger teams at work
Bank

Post by Bank »

+another for Chivalry, I'm keen to see what a bit of co-ordination of players brings to the game.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I personally would rather play Chivalry over Planetside since it provides a more unique experience.
Neildmac

Post by Neildmac »

Once the current vote ends there will be a vote to choose each game each week. The first week of July will be the game choice week and the second will be the game nights beginning
Kickboxing_Bnana

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

I was thinking of a cool trackmania night sometime doesnt mater which forever is a free to play one

For track selection i have a couple of community made which arent to hard to drive like in some videos you might have seen,

Suggested Format would be a Cup, thats 1 warmup round, 3 rounds of racing, next track. Point limit depends on how many players.
Point Spread 10 for winner 6 for second 4 for third, and then i belive 3,2,1,1,1,1 and so on if you dont finish the track 10 seconds after the first driver crosses the finish line you get 0 points.

I am not so sure about the point distribution though but i can look in up, if we wanna do a night like that.