Proposal for IFA major special event on 13th July

Will you be around that week and willing to play?

Aye
100%
Nay
No votes

Total votes: 27

Jamie

Proposal for IFA major special event on 13th July

Post by Jamie »

Planned to run for one week beginning on the 13th of July.

Modlist:
IFA_AIO_Lite - main modpack, adds the units, some maps, some terrains, and changes the UI
GEIST A3 Lite - an additional pack that adds hundreds of extra uniforms and kits, far too many in my opinion.
Ace - alters the mechanics of health, interactions, and other small tweaks
Northern Front Terrains - adds a couple of maps focusing on the cold northern front
PKL - Jungle map for pacific theatre
CUP Terrains Core - objects and scenery to populate missions
CBA_A3 - additional useful tidbits
Enhanced Movement - allows you to scale walls, form human pyramids, and jump fences
ShackTac - Addition to the compass
IFA/ACRE Compat - improves vehicle comms and increases the space in radio backpacks to allow ACRE LR radios to fit
IFA /ACE Compat - compatibility patch
Zeus - @acre2 !!!Not found on steam workshop, look for @acre2.rar in the mission making file browser!!! - communications mod, adds working radios

Modlist Steam Collection- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1756074037 - Just click subscribe to all.

Installation instructions: subscribe to all mods in the above steam collection, use zeus repo to download the zeus ACRE, in the arma 3 launcher use the manual add mod function to add @acre2. Activate all mods (!!!IFA/ACRE compat will produce an error as it is looking for the steam version of ACRE, it should work fine!!!), press play.

Spreadsheet for mission makers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Jamie on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 13 times in total.
LtBlack-Fire

Re: Proposal for IFA major special event on 13th July

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Clarification
-CUP Terrains - *Core

And Would highly recommend adding this mod
-IFA3 ACRE2 Compatibility (Better Intercom and vehicle radios for each faction)
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

LtBlack-Fire wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:07 am Clarification
-CUP Terrains - *Core

And Would highly recommend adding this mod
-IFA3 ACRE2 Compatibility (Better Intercom and vehicle radios for each faction)
Lets do so, it would have been better to have raised this during the earlier post but this is a fairly minor addition.
Vonhye

Post by Vonhye »

If I am not mistaken, IFA3 already contains I44 Terrains and WW2 Objects, so no need to include them in collection.
Vonhye

Post by Vonhye »

Also, just a question: Is it really worth having PKL? We don't have any Japanese units nor USMC and PKL is almost the same size as Faces of War pack, which contains WW2 units (including Japanese and pacific terrains) and we used it in the last WW2 event. If you want to fight in pacific I'd suggest having that mod instead of PKL. But I don't think it is necessary to have either of them, because the number of terrains which are included in the IFA + northern fronts is so big that we wouldn't use even 1/3 of them, even if every mission was at different terrain. We will have just one week!

I'd be happier with smaller number of mods, which will save players bandwith, space on disk, time (if they decide to download mods just before the gamenight) and of course it will prevent any frustration with joining if somebody forgots to activate some of the mods (which always happens to someone).

However, it is of course your event and your decision. Above mentioned things are just my suggestions.

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Vonhye wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 pm Also, just a question: Is it really worth having PKL?
I'm not going to add FOW into the modpack, primarily because the two have different damage and armour for their vehicles, and the compat is not stellar. One of the reasons I like IFA more is the tanks dont feel like they're gliding all the time. But FOW I agree is far better suited for USMC and the pacific theatre in general.

We're always going to have maybe one or two missions on each map because of the large map choices, its just a question of which mission makers want to use what, and by providing more variety hopefully we get higher quality missions. Some of the maps are not particularly high quality, (Berlin is the obvious one, but Bray-Dune has some jank texture maps and others are less than fab,) I never intended to have a mission on each map, ideally we would actually repackage only the good maps into a @ZIFA but its forbidden in the events doc so we'd have to go butter up the technicians for that to happen. We are probably going to have more missions than we have time to play, which is why I intend to suggest another event and get it squared away for Christmas so we can continue and play the missions we haven't done before. If we have periodic events then hopefully nobody will feel left out.

I had always intended to put PKL in there, its just I'm an idiot and forgot til you reminded me about I44, because PKL is what I made the seeder mission on.

For the pros of PKL, its got era appropriate assets pre-built, it provides the AI and players an even playing field that gives the player the same view range as the AI, but allows the AI to utilise its weird fire and manoeuvre it does with bolt action rifles. Finally we never use it enough, there's loads of things you can do with it and we don't because there's some nebulous excuse of an update waiting to drop. And it dropped the day I began to build the seeder, so yeah, time to start using it.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Jamie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:21 pm And it dropped the day I began to build the seeder, so yeah, time to start using it.
I would be interested in a link for this, if it is infact accurate. As the last update date on the workshop for the map is 2017, and the author of the mod (whom i have regular contact with) has told me that it's not public nor actually finished.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

[Ben] wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm and the author of the mod (whom i have regular contact with) has told me that it's not public nor actually finished.
ah, so am not the only one confused by it... if memory servers we had this map on server 2 and played it a bunch of times.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Am Against PKL for one reason only, if you are focusing on Europe, lets keep it in Europe. PKL is nice for Vietnam style and Pacific theater.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

[Ben] wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm
Jamie wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:21 pm And it dropped the day I began to build the seeder, so yeah, time to start using it.
I would be interested in a link for this, if it is infact accurate. As the last update date on the workshop for the map is 2017, and the author of the mod (whom i have regular contact with) has told me that it's not public nor actually finished.
I might be wrong, but Arma downloaded an update for it that day IDK why.

I didn't intend to focus on just the western front, there are maps in there for norway, eastern front, pacific theatre, and egypt if mission makers want to make missions for them.
Vonhye

Post by Vonhye »

LtBlack-Fire wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:13 pm Am Against PKL for one reason only, if you are focusing on Europe, lets keep it in Europe. PKL is nice for Vietnam style and Pacific theater.
I would quite agree, but if Jamie has seeding mission on it (and seeder mission is requirement), it would be shame if it wasn't used. But I assume there won't be many PKL missions, especially since we have played that map quite a lot and we are lacking proper units.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

One mission per map would be a perfectly fine amount for this event, multiple missions is equally acceptable.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Another Mandatory Mod:
-Iron Front ArmA 3 : ACE 3 Compatibility patch
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

LtBlack-Fire wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:12 am Another Mandatory Mod:
-Iron Front ArmA 3 : ACE 3 Compatibility patch
Could I get links to that I was unable to find it on the steam workshop.

EDIT: now added to modlist
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Since we've passed the minimum requirements for an event, ive got a document to organise who is making missions and whether we have overlapping mission concepts

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Please use it