Post by LtBlack-Fire »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1042 ... id=2799889

Get Hyped Boys, Cold War Intensified

"Oh No, We squashed a Beetle"
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Smolof

Re: Arma 3 Creator DLC (Coming 30/04)

Post by Smolof »

Not too sure about this. Looks like they are trying, what Bethesta tried with Skyrim. Paid mods.
Last edited by Smolof on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Smolof wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:21 pm Not too sure about this. Looks like they are trying, what Bethesta tried with Skyrim. Payed mods.
Would you describe the Apex expansion as a mod? From what has been advertised this particular DLC has as much content as Apex.

If something that added two guns was being marketed as a paid DLC then i might be inclined to agree with you. But just because something was produced by community members and not BI directly, shouldn't devalue the time and work that has gone into making their product.

Given that the the idea of 3rd Party DLC was first brought up in 2017 and it's been nearly two years since we have actually gotten anything from it, to me says they are at least trying to pick content that is worth paying for. Otherwise i would expect there to have been a free for all bombardment of anyone can make a paid DLC, especially if BI are getting 50% of the sales, it would certainly be the more EA thing to do. :lol:
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

LtBlack-Fire wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm "Oh No, We squashed a Beetle"
Nice.

Yeah personally I think we should definitely make this a thing to become mandatory, atleast on Server #2. Let's check it out when it arrives. If it's nearly as good as it seems to be it's gonna be a whole lot of quality fresh air.
No different than when we said were gonna require Apex. This is essentially another expansion by the way how big this is.
And it's by our man Mondkalb.

+1 on adopt this wherever possible.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

But dont we have most of that stuff in other mods anyway?

Probably need to wait and see if the quality justifies the price.
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

We only have the g3s,g36, ak74s, pkm and rpg7s in our modpack iam fairly certain.
This adds a whole new vehicle pool for blufor , namely german tanks, aswell as a lot of necessary vehicles for opfor, such as the all common t55.
I hardly doubt the quality can be too bad, considering the devs released a demo vic 2 years ago, which was of pretty good quality.
Rip Inglisch
Folau

Post by Folau »

StRiKeR wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:25 pm
LtBlack-Fire wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm "Oh No, We squashed a Beetle"
Nice.

Yeah personally I think we should definitely make this a thing to become mandatory, atleast on Server #2. Let's check it out when it arrives. If it's nearly as good as it seems to be it's gonna be a whole lot of quality fresh air.
No different than when we said were gonna require Apex. This is essentially another expansion by the way how big this is.
And it's by our man Mondkalb.

+1 on adopt this wherever possible.
I am extremely keen to start using the assets in this, but supporting it on the servers may be interesting. Apparently, it currently doesn't work in the same way as Apex, it functions more like a regular mod. If the server is running it, and you are not, then you can't join the server at all. That means even if the mission loaded has nothing to do with the mod content you wouldn't be able to play. At least on Apex for S1 maybe 1-2 people miss out as this late in Arma's life most people have everything, however I am concerned that that way of distributing this new DLC will cause hassle for people unwilling to drop 16 quid on it.

That said, I would love it on my S1 missions to outfit "rebel" factions with old equipment and vehicles, but if that gates the server off to only people who have the mod that may be problematic. S2 might be a different proposition as you have to have the Zeus modpack anyway.

EDIT: This is all "as of the information I can find on the BI forums right now", could change I suppose.
Vonhye

Post by Vonhye »

On Bohemia's website:
You need to own Creator DLC and have it installed to be able to join a multiplayer server that makes use of it. If you try to join a server without having the requested Creator DLC installed, you will receive a notification that you are missing content that is needed to play on the server.

I suppose it might be good idea to run a pool after the release to ask if people are interested in buying that DLC (and when. If they want to buy at at launch, or wait for eventual sale) and make decision based on that.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

7 Hours to go.

Always Have A Zeus Mission...