Option D. Something Else.
No votes
Option E. No Tags for Courses
67%

Total votes: 27

mathers

Re: Teamspeak 3 Tags

Post by mathers »

I think the new icons look shoddy. Especially the fact that they have spacing between them like the round ones did, it looks like a wired wall of M's and it's way harder to distinguish between green and blue. The blue for the member tags is too light.

We should go back to the old tags right now.
Terox

Post by Terox »

can you redo them and make the green and the blue tags more obviously different please, their colours look similar at a quick glance
and reduce them so there are white spaces between them when they are stacked vertically
Terox

Post by Terox »

Manx95 wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 6:20 pm Why have these been implemented within less than 24 hours?

All appreciate people doing work to improve, however these look worse than what we originally had...
why shouldn't I support those who are making an effort
and rather than whine about it, do something positive and make some that you think are better and then i'll sit back and wait for someone to insult your efforts too :D

At Mathers, no I don't think we should revert, I think we should support Wolfy and give him the time to improve on the first attempt.
It is doing anyone any harm, have some patience
Manx95

Post by Manx95 »

You say whining I say the majority of what has actually been heard tonight by the community. "Insult", I prefer constructive criticism. I couldn't make anything better, but then again a bricklayer doesn't have to be a chef to comment if he likes the food or not, still allowed an opinion.

If you are saying yourself that we should allow him to improve the first attempt why has this first draft been accepted so quickly? You yourself have made suggestions about improving them so why were they accepted so quickly if you aren't happy with them at current?
Frags will make ya go boooom! :lol: :lol:
Terox

Post by Terox »

Because he made some effort and that needs to be supported

oh and by the way
Why have these been implemented within less than 24 hours?

All appreciate people doing work to improve, however these look worse than what we originally had...
Is not constructive in any way.
If you had advised on how things could have been done better, then that is s constructive, your statement is nothing but negative, has not helped improve the icons in any way is completely unproductive and no help to anybody and if anything would have deterred Wolfy from putting any more effort in, so thanks for that. Reference the cook, bricklayer scenario, learn to cook then teach a poor cook how to cook better
Wolfy_

Post by Wolfy_ »

Terox wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:40 pm can you redo them and make the green and the blue tags more obviously different please, their colours look similar at a quick glance
and reduce them so there are white spaces between them when they are stacked vertically
Here you go! :)
I tried to account for Teamspeak's weird colouring, but it's kind of hard to predict. Also, made them slightly smaller. If you want to meet in TS to make finer adjustment just say, feel free to suggest any more changes!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HeavenHammer

Post by HeavenHammer »

Wolfy_ wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:40 pm
Terox wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:40 pm can you redo them and make the green and the blue tags more obviously different please, their colours look similar at a quick glance
Here you go! :)
I tried to account for Teamspeak's weird colouring, but it's kind of hard to predict. Also, made them slightly smaller. If you want to meet in TS to make finer adjustment just say, feel free to suggest any more changes!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Member and guest tags look awful, can hardly read the white GLOWING text and the bright green is annoying my eyes.
Terox

Post by Terox »

Try doing some round ones like we had before and maybe some variance on the font type and font colour
The light green was too bright and the dark green doesnt contrast with the blue, so maybe somewhere inbetween.
I like the gradient effect
HeavenHammer

It's just my opinion, but I'm not going to lie. These are my true feelings.

Post by HeavenHammer »

Member and guest tags look awful, can hardly read the white GLOWING text and the bright green is annoying my eyes, and once again just makes me angry just looking at it.
Is that constructive enough for you? Having (or intended to have) a useful or beneficial purpose it certainly does.
Then again Terox, you're right. It isn't criticism if you don't point out what's actually bad about it. At the same time, I do agree that all attempts so far have indeed looked worse than what was there beforehand. If it isn't broke, don't fix it OR attempt to change it for the sake of it. You're bound to make it worse. I mean, the instant negative feedback should have given you insight in to the fact that maybe people will be split about this, Wolfy? That way, you can avoid the hate by just holding back a little bit and letting things evolve positively like they have.
Since Terox is so eager to just add whatever you seem to tell him to, maybe you should 'suggest' something else that'll be beneficial.

Personally, I DO think that adding ribbons or whatever that idea was for the different training things is a good idea. It's an addition, and it's more beneficial than not.
Currently, I have not done the training for more reasons than because I can't be bothered, I literally don't want to waste my time. It's really pointless for me to do it, I don't gain anything from it other than the chance of being force picked to do a role when no other blue tags step up to it. That only leads to a poor unmotivated leader.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the fact that suddenly change seems to happen at an alarming speed, it just isn't the right change.

Also, quick note, where the hell is the donator tag? Here comes the 'you don't donate for the tag, you donate for the fact that you're helping the community you play in. That should be rewarding enough, to know your contribution greatly helps' speech.
Last edited by HeavenHammer on Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuttex

Post by Nuttex »

Tags were a mistake.

On a serious note, only admins should have tags.
Wolfy_

Post by Wolfy_ »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Included a variant of blue for you. Feel free to send me a specific font and/or specific hex codes for colours. Anymore suggestions are welcome :)

Here is an example of a circle with the gradient, if you prefer this to an inside shadow (like the old ones), I can add this to them all: Image
Last edited by Wolfy_ on Wed May 24, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nuttex

Post by Nuttex »

Those look nice. But then again, they look exactly like the old ones, so we've come full circle.
Neat.
Wolfy_

Post by Wolfy_ »

Nuttex wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 pm Those look nice. But then again, they look exactly like the old ones, so we've come full circle.
Neat.
These are better aligned, flatter, more customisable and custom. :D
Terox

Post by Terox »

green and blue are too similar, but getting there
also try a variant with a yellow-ish font colour
Wolfy_

Post by Wolfy_ »

Terox wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 pm green and blue are too similar, but getting there
also try a variant with a yellow-ish font colour
Can you send me a picture of the green and blue you'd like? If not I can just send you a bunch :D

Light Yellow

Mid Yellow

Strong Yellow