Can't play on Zeus servers

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Kickboxing_Bnana

Re: Can't play on Zeus servers

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

shouldnt this F:\01. Programy\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe be F:\01. Programy\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe

might wanna try to look in the launcher which .exe it is using, normaly it would promt you to enable battleye and restart with it running. or you use the wrong .exe in your shortcut
"I am BnanaMan. Ever alert for the call to action!"
Amras

Post by Amras »

Karle wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:41 am Try running Arma and Battle-eye in admin if you havent already. I had an issue a while back with Windows stopping it working properly. What version of Windows are you running?
I'm running windows 10 x64.
I noticed that almost all servers have a green question mark right next to the server name, couild it be that somewhere there are still some mods leftover (even after arma full delete and reinstall) that are interfering?
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Might be worth checking your pings to the server as well. Our servers low ping policy implementation is slightly aggressive at the moment and there may be some scope for relaxing it if it is causing issues for community members.

StealthySnowman.
Karle

Post by Karle »

Ive had nothing but problems with windows 10 >.> The green question mark is normal (i think) and your not running any mods (according to RPT). Kickingboxing_Bnana is right though, should be using arma3battleye.exe not arma3.exe. Normally you should get a little pop-up saying Battleye isnt enabled and asking if you would like to restart and enable it though.

EDIT: Stealthy makes a good point too. Press Windows key and 'R', type "cmd" press enter, then in the Command Prompt that pops up, type
"ping www.zeus-community.net" and post the results back here :)

EDIT 2: Just because I havent seen it mentioned, you dont use a VPN or Proxy or anything like that do you?
Amras

Post by Amras »

Ive had nothing but problems with windows 10 >.> The green question mark is normal (i think) and your not running any mods (according to RPT). Kickingboxing_Bnana is right though, should be using arma3battleye.exe not arma3.exe. Normally you should get a little pop-up saying Battleye isnt enabled and asking if you would like to restart and enable it though.
I've created a shortcut to arma3battleye.exe
"F:\01. Programy\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe" -nosplash –skipinto –world=empty –showscripterrors -mod=@ZCBA_A3;@ZClient
and that didn't help, according to rpt file it still uses arma3.exe

http://pastebin.com/1nDDHKte <- here is the latest rpt file.
EDIT: Stealthy makes a good point too. Press Windows key and 'R', type "cmd" press enter, then in the Command Prompt that pops up, type
"ping www.zeus-community.net" and post the results back here :)
C:\>ping zeus-community.net -t

Pinging zeus-community.net [91.134.179.34] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 91.134.179.34: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=51
Reply from 91.134.179.34: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=51
Reply from 91.134.179.34: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=51
Reply from 91.134.179.34: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=51
Reply from 91.134.179.34: bytes=32 time=42ms TTL=51
Reply from 91.134.179.34: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=51
Reply from 91.134.179.34: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 91.134.179.34:
Packets: Sent = 14, Received = 14, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 42ms, Maximum = 94ms, Average = 47ms

I think it looks quite decent.
EDIT 2: Just because I havent seen it mentioned, you dont use a VPN or Proxy or anything like that do you?
I do not use any VPN nor proxy.
Karle

Post by Karle »

I'm at a loss, dunno about the others. Would you be able to post a video of starting Arma and connecting to server and this happening?
Kickboxing_Bnana

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

no clue try using google dns on your pc or even the router, but since you can get a ping to server i dk if it helps
"I am BnanaMan. Ever alert for the call to action!"
MRsOrange

Post by MRsOrange »

Happened to me today, try to join and session ends :(
Karle

Post by Karle »

MRsOrange wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 pm Happened to me today, try to join and session ends :(
Need a bit more than that lol. RPT log? Any error message?
Amras

Post by Amras »

Hey Guys,

Just a small update, formatting and reinstalling whole OS did not help, problem still persist. I have no idea what to do next.
Terox

Post by Terox »

@Amras
running the battleye exe will run the arma3.exe, you shouldnt be concerned about that
Check that your ArmA3 launcher doesnt have any mods ticked, even if you use a shortcut these launcher mods may still run.
Although your rpt file doesnt show this has occurred
Also completely delete and reinstall both your @ZCBA_A3 and @ZClient folder

The rpt file you uploaded to pastebin also isn't complete, I suggest you clear all your rpt files out
Verify your game cache via steam
Launch a pure vanilla game and try to connect to the No.1 server with that.
If you still have issues then upload the fresh and complete rpt file
If you dont have any issues then add the @ZCBA, @ZClient mods (make sure your userconfig folder is present also) and then try launching with that
Amras

Post by Amras »

New Update: Today i managed to get into one of the ahoy servers for two minutes. After i started the game and was able to move my avatar for a few seconds i got message session lost and now whenever i join the server i get stuck on receiving data, i did clear mpmissions cache but that didn't help. My Arma doesn't have any mods ticked (fully formated and reinstalled OS).

EDIT: I've read on steam forums that some people have issues: "Some hardware-firewalls falsely detects a "flooding" when your computers comes in touch with hundreds other machines on the same _one_ port." I'll look into that and see if I get somewhere, also if you guys have any advice how to fix issue like that i would apprieciate any help.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

The new version of Arma didn't sort anything out. Still getting a "memory could not be written" error when i join Zeus server #1, especially on gamenights.
Restarting steam used to work 1/3 times but it is no longer the case. The problem only occurs when joining Zeus server #1 and no other server has given me that problem. Given that i only play Arma for this community's gamenight, i'm gonna have to shelf Arma 3 indefinitely.

I'm also still getting the "file corrupt" error when using your repo on arma3sync, again only yours is not working. Any other does indeed work. As a result, i can't update my mods or even attempt to play on server #2.

I've already mentioned that all these problems occur even when launching in vanilla.
Andy5682

Post by Andy5682 »

+1 I seem to be in the same boat as a couple of other people on this forum. Just can't connect to the zeus severs no matter what even vanilla on sever 1.. just crash every time with memory not being read. Even had the help of a couple of members but to no avail.

So not sure if I should just wait for a patch.

Would a system restore and reinstall everything solve the issue...?
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

Just got this new type of error for Arma3sync.

Also, last night i was able to play on gamenight without trouble after i joined the 2nd mission.