Can't play on Zeus servers

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Lionheart

Can't play on Zeus servers

Post by Lionheart »

Been playing on your server with the same setup for 2 years now, but it doesn't seem like i can anymore for reasons beyond my understanding.
I keep receiving an arma3.exe crash error "memory could not be written". only for this server.
I've tried playing on other servers, didn't have a problem.
Is it just a problem with custom missions? Can't know.
Launching using recommended mods, but game also crashes when launching with no mods.
Tried updating drivers, directx etc.
Tried reinstalling arma 3, not resolved.
Contacted BIS support, no reply (10 days and counting).
Arma3sync autoconfig link bugged for me since last november, only for this server.
i have asked for support numerous times from admins.
eskyo

Re: Can't play on Zeus servers

Post by eskyo »

#1 is vanilla, so if you run arma without any mod you should be able to enter.

otherwise you should contact the tech guys on TS maybe ;)

Post by 2600K »

If your game crashes with NO mods at all, there is very little we can do short of recommending you reinstall everything (OS), you seem to have already done the basics. Only BIS could reliably identify the issue from the crash dumps and error logs you'd supply them, you'd have to work with them to find a solution - You'd need to create a ticket on https://feedback.bistudio.com/

You could try the profile builds (details are on the BI forums) and see if they fix your issue, maybe look into using another memory manager '-malloc xx' parameter (if I remember rightly), maybe see if others on the BI forums had the same issue.

If you can't/don't want to do a full reinstall, I think 1.68 is due out soon - I had loads of weird crashes like you describe leading up to around the time the last update came out... Even reverted my real-light settings. But when the new version came out all the problems just disappeared.

Don't even look at using any other mods until the vanilla crashing issue is resolved, that said if you're having problems with the A3Sync just re-follow the instructions from our guide, it's worked for everyone else so far. If you are sure you have got the correct setup, it might be being blocked by a firewall on your PC or Router, try putting the autoconfig link into your browser to see what is returned. If it's not blocked you did something wrong.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

- i have already contacted them and got no reply... the main problem is that i get crashes only on this server. Never had problems before mid January 2017. A partial solution has been restarting steam after every mission. That seemed to have worked when there are fewer players online towards the end of gamenight. Further testing is needed.

- Others have had the same issue. There were many suggestions, like deleting profiles, checking cookies, reinstalling arma3..., none worked. However i havent seen a post about it in 2017. I have heard others in the community getting continuous crashes, at least one other getting the same "memory could not be written" crash that i do.

- I reinstalled Arma 3... not willing to format the hard disk for the time being. There's just too many work related programs on it.

- a3sync issue started when the server migrated in november 2016. Didn't have the problem before. I would try a manual installation if it was available (not via a3sync), just to see if i get the same problems on server 2. Sadly, the option is not available.

i have the patience to wait for new arma update, i hope it solves everything, or at least the crash.

Edit: I've just played for 2 hours on a none game night server 1 and only got kicked once for steam battle eye related issue.
Terox

Post by Terox »

if you are being kicked for battle eye reasons from the master BE server, then the most likely issue is network related. AFAIK, your client directly speaks to the BE Master server wherever that is and if there isn't a timely response, it auto kicks, this is beyond our control. Other than that because this is not endemic, (Only a handful are effected by it) this has to be a client side issue. So then if possible we need to start looking at the hardware and other software that each client who suffers from this is using. We may then find each client has for example the same motherboard, or Anti Virus application
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

It could be network related, my internet misbehaves during peaktimes. Just got kicked from gamenight again, now server is full, gg.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

For me it sometimes doesn't want to update battle eye because it can't find the BE Master Server. What usually helps is a DNS cache flush. To try it:

Open the CMD (windows + r -> type CMD) enter:

Code: Select all

ipconfig /flushdns 
Amras

Post by Amras »

Hey Guys,

I have an issue while connecting to Zeus server or any other server actually, whenever I connect to the server for few seconds I can choose any slot (role) but after those few seconds my game sort of freezes and nothing happens when I click on any slot and i get kicked from the server. This thing happens on every server doesn't matter whether server uses mods or no. I have stable internet connection around low ping.

I've tried following:
- Verifing game files
- Reinstalling addons
- Reinstalling ARMA
- Reinstalling Battleye
- Reinstalling steam
- Flushing DNS
- Changing router
- Disabling firewall
but nothing helps.

Also when i try to fast pick a slot and then press ok I'm stuck on "receiving mission file 0kb/0kb".
If you guys have any idea what to do i would appreciate any help. Sorry if something isn't clear english is not my first language.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Amras wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 pm Hey Guys,

I have an issue while connecting to Zeus server or any other server actually....

Also when i try to fast pick a slot and then press ok I'm stuck on "receiving mission file 0kb/0kb".
Do you not get any sort of error message?
You could look at your crash logs and see if anything is listed there
Find and check your Arma reports/log folder (<Profile>\AppData\Local\Arma 3). There should be a dump file for the date/time of the crash.

Being stuck on "receiving mission file 0kb/0kb".is normal. However, it should be "receiving mission file 0kb/3600kb (Example)".

receiving mission file should clear up if you leave it for a couple of seconds then let you into the game.
Amras

Post by Amras »

MURRAY122 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm
Amras wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:53 pm Hey Guys,

I have an issue while connecting to Zeus server or any other server actually....

Do you not get any sort of error message?
You could look at your crash logs and see if anything is listed there
Find and check your Arma reports/log folder (<Profile>\AppData\Local\Arma 3). There should be a dump file for the date/time of the crash.

Being stuck on "receiving mission file 0kb/0kb".is normal. However, it should be "receiving mission file 0kb/3600kb (Example)".

receiving mission file should clear up if you leave it for a couple of seconds then let you into the game.
It does not clear up and stays "0kb/0kb", and after a few minutes (about two) i get message "you were kicked off the game" and that's it. SP works like a charm but for whatever reason I can't join any MP game.
When i get back from work I'll check logs and If i'm not able to figure anything i'll post them here.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Amras wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:11 pm It does not clear up and stays "0kb/0kb", and after a few minutes (about two) i get message "you were kicked off the game" and that's it. SP works like a charm but for whatever reason I can't join any MP game.
When i get back from work I'll check logs and If i'm not able to figure anything i'll post them here.

You could try deleting all your Missions cache. Meaning it should re-download mission as new next time you join the servers. Might fix it.

Find them in:

(<Profile>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache)
Amras

Post by Amras »

MURRAY122 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:19 pm
Amras wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:11 pm It does not clear up and stays "0kb/0kb", and after a few minutes (about two) i get message "you were kicked off the game" and that's it. SP works like a charm but for whatever reason I can't join any MP game.

You could try deleting all your Missions cache. Meaning it should re-download mission as new next time you join the servers. Might fix it.

Find them in:

(<Profile>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache)
Already tried before and it didn't help. I'm sorry I forgot to put that in my previous post.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

This sounds like a very weird bug and after all you have already done, I think you should start looking at other sources which could be interfering with the connection between you and an arma server.

What I would try next is to disable every non essential service and programm running in the background. To disable all services from third parties, do the following:

Windows key + R -> type "msconfig" -> go to services -> check "Hide all Microsoft services" -> click " Disable all"

To disable programms running, go to the task manager. If you have never done this before and your knowledge in this matter is limited, proceed with caution. Only disable a process when you are sure it is not essential. I can't really help you here, since I have no clue what's on your PC.

Good luck
Amras

Post by Amras »

Smolof wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm This sounds like a very weird bug and after all you have already done, I think you should start looking at other sources which could be interfering with the connection between you and an arma server.

What I would try next is to disable every non essential service and programm running in the background. To disable all services from third parties, do the following:

Windows key + R -> type "msconfig" -> go to services -> check "Hide all Microsoft services" -> click " Disable all"

To disable programms running, go to the task manager. If you have never done this before and your knowledge in this matter is limited, proceed with caution. Only disable a process when you are sure it is not essential. I can't really help you here, since I have no clue what's on your PC.

Good luck
Ok i did try yours suggestions but none of them helped. I'll post a link to rpt file generated after i tried joining No1 server.

http://pastebin.com/Fbfud5Tt

Before i was able to join server and play without any problem. I backtraced all what i did before that bug occured and i only installed some mods from steam workshop (ACE, RHS, Virtual Arsenal) but i deleted them and reinstalled arma...
Any other ideas guys?
Karle

Post by Karle »

Try running Arma and Battle-eye in admin if you havent already. I had an issue a while back with Windows stopping it working properly. What version of Windows are you running?