Blackfish Pilots wanted

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Jim

Blackfish Pilots wanted

Post by Jim »

I'm mucking about with an idea for a mission based on the Entebbe raid made by the Israelis in 1976 - except on Altis and with those bastard-Blackfish-fall-out-the-sky machines.

I've built an abandoned and fortified terminal building away from the main terminal, I have a modern version of a presidential limo and some fun motorised squads - I just need a way to get them there - and that's where I fear that the fun may end abruptly for everyone on a Thursday night!

Does any[s]one[/s] five feel up to the challenge?

I'm not clever enough to script such a feat and so this may be as far off the ground as the mission will ever get.

If you know how to fly that beast please let me know. If you'd like to learn (learning a new skill is always a good thing to do) then drop a Blackfish (NATO Pacific) into Altis and practice your approaches from the SW. If you stay in first person and click the autoland action you'll see by monitoring the HUD and throttle level how the AI manages to do beautiful STOL landings using only 50 meters of tarmac.

Work is fairly busy at the moment and so mission making is my sixteenth priority at the moment so please don't make this your number one priority!
Dave

Re: Blackfish Pilots wanted

Post by Dave »

I can, provided you don't need an extremely precise landing. Though whether I'd trust myself to try it on gamenight is another matter.
Ingame/TS: Dave One
Eagle-Eye

Post by Eagle-Eye »

Unfortunately, since the Jets DLC update, the Blackfish can be a massive pain to handle in VTOL, meaning the mission could be over before anyone even sets foot on ground unless you add some protective measures. (e.g. Blackfish allowDamage 0)

With that in mind and reading through how the raid was done on Wikipedia, I'd personally opt to leave out the air party. The way I understand it right now, the aircraft were only there for transport purposes, and while a flight into the hot zone can be immersive, you're looking at 5(?) Blackfish pilots who will have (almost) nothing to do as the ground assault is underway.

At this moment, the only reason I could think of to include the aircraft is the part where it's being refuelled and the commando's need to defend it, but that can easily be done with the cars and using a simple script.

Something like this will drain the fuel tank of the vehicle named vehicleOne, eject all players from the car and disables simulation so it can't be towed to a gas station (side note: this will also disable damage, and make inventory inaccessible).
"Sleep 5" is used to make sure the previous step is complete before the next initiates. E.g. to avoid "fall damage" because players are kicked out of a fast-moving vehicle. Feel free to adjust as needed.

Code: Select all

vehicleOne setFuel 0;
sleep 5;
player action ["Eject",vehicle player];
sleep 5;
vehicleOne enableSimulation false;
sleep 3600;
vehicleOne setFuel 1;
vehicleOne enableSimulation true;
If you need to do it for multiple vehicles, you can work with arrays, but I'm not quite up to speed with those myself, so this may be wrong: (TR_Fuel is the name of the trigger that spawns the script)

Code: Select all

_vehicles = [vehicleOne, vehicleTwo, vehicleThree]

_vehicles forEach inArea TR_Fuel setFuel 0;
sleep 5;
player action ["Eject",vehicle player];
sleep 5;
_vehicles forEach inArea TR_Fuel enableSimulation false;
sleep 3600;
_vehicles forEach inArea TR_Fuel setFuel 1;
_vehicles forEach inArea TR_Fuel enableSimulation true;
Jim

Post by Jim »

Eagle-Eye you beautiful man!

I was thinking of having everyone start on the Altis International tarmac... Hearing it from another person means it's probably the right thing to do!

I'll have a tinker

DaveOne - I have a similar feeling to you.
Nitroo

Post by Nitroo »

im a ok pilot i would love to sign upp as a pilot when im donw with the nr 1 training for sure, but im gona need training on the blackfish, i have playing as a helicopter pilot for so loong but as ajet im kinda still fresh.