Feedback CO 36 Operation Amber v01

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Eagle-Eye

Feedback CO 36 Operation Amber v01

Post by Eagle-Eye »

Hey guys,

Debrief on the mission mentioned in topic title went a bit fast for me to write it all down, so would appreciate your feedback right here.

Some feedback I did already write down, still remember, or questions / comments I have of my own:
General:
- There appeared to be some confusion in the lobby as to how BLUFOR and INDFOR related to each other, what the mission task was, what roles were required? If so, what did you feel was missing?

BLUFOR:
- Altitude in feet confuses people. (even though large part of the community is British :roll: )
- AT didn't have missiles in their tubes. (just 1 missile per AT is 100% by design, though. No need for backpacks, extra ammo, ...)
- X-Ray (medical team) had to wait a long time before they could get their medical gear, because one of their team members deployed the chute too high. Will see if I can add a scripted check to see when you're on ground, so that you get the medical gear as soon as they have landed.
- Heard 1 person report lag at ± 1KM from the airfield. Was this a general issue, or an isolated one?
- View distance may be too restricted for UCAV operations. Will check if there's a line of code in the scripts that I can change for that.
- UCAV ran out of fuel about 30 minutes after mission start. May be an ArmA issue? Need to check.
- In your opinion, do the preset markers make the map too cluttered at mission start? Are the COMAO markings relevant or obsolete info?

- Mission tempo was a bit slow in my opinion. Was it clear enough from the lobby and briefing that the VUL time (how long you can be "vulnerable" with hostile contact) for the COMAO was 45 minutes?

INDFOR:
- Was there some confusion about the starting area not being the actual crash site? Consider that the situation is you crash-landed ± 4 hours ago. It should've been clear by the mission briefing, I believe, that you wouldn't have waited by the helicopter with CSAT rolling in. Please advise if it's not. :)

Your turn, and thanks in advance. :)
Eagle-Eye
Eagle-Eye

Re: Feedback CO 36 Operation Amber v01

Post by Eagle-Eye »

Bump
Wombat

Re: Feedback CO 36 Operation Amber v01

Post by Wombat »

I recommend reducing the recommended airspeed for the Blackfish to 200-250kph for the HALO jump. I also recommend you change the ingress and shape of the designated DZ. Whether the source of the issue was poor execution by the players or just an Arma limitation, many of the paratroopers didn't seem to manage to eject at the right time which resulted in many missing the DZ by a large margin.

If you change the shape of the DZ to a long rectangle and change the ingress of the Blackfish from N to S to W to E, that will give the paratroopers a little more leeway to eject and land safely. If you have an issue with trees covering the DZ, you can destroy or remove them via scripting or editor module to avoid accidents and just mention in the briefing that the DZ was prepped by a daisy-cutter airstrike.

EDIT: I would also recommend considering implementing a script which can be triggered by the pilot or commander which will automatically kick players out of the aircraft in a controlled fashion. This will help avoid player incompetence from ruining the jump.