Patrol Ops 4 Public BETA Now out

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Terox

Patrol Ops 4 Public BETA Now out

Post by Terox »

The unedited release candidate version 00 are now on the server

I haven't had chance to look at it other than start it up
Units are not in groups, not sure where the mechanic is to get them into groups
The Squad Mod is not implemented in this release candidate, apparently its a little bugged

co 32 PatrolOps 4 rc v00.Altis.pbo
co 32 PatrolOps 4 rc v00.Malden.pbo
co 32 PatrolOps 4 rc v00.Tanoa.pbo

If i get chance tomorrow i'll knock an edit up placing units into groups
Terox

Re: Patrol Ops 4 Public BETA Now out

Post by Terox »

Uploaded our first iteration:
co 40 PatrolOps 4 rc00 tx v01.Malden.pbo
Changes to orbat (Official; release has every player in an individual group
Grps: HQ, XO, Recon, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Logs Cmd, Logs 1, Logs 2, CAS
Added an array of vehicles to get you started
Repositioned everything to one end of airfield
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hey Terox,

Not sure which version of PO4 was being played on the sever on Sunday 10 December in the afternoon
Grps: HQ, XO, Recon, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Logs Cmd, Logs 1, Logs 2, CAS
This one had single slot orbat: Alpha 1-1 - Alpha 4-6, Bravo 1-1 - Bravo 2-2, Mission Control double large screen outside warehouse.

We had 15-20 players on line

Good to see the mission coming along nicely.

A few issues i found:
Couldn't get the role selection to work at the ammo boxes.
Pretty major de-sync.
Shot bodies appearing stretched out.
Bleed out is very quick - no chance for a medic to reach the scene.
Flagpole not working to teleport jips.

Great otherwise.
Patrol and Intel works well.
Group leader able to initiate missions. ***Update: Logged in Admin is the only unit capable of initiating missions***
Groups joinable, leaveable, re-nameable.

Edit:
With the free reign of the VAS 70% of my unit were snipers and one guys was masquerading as a CIA funded guerilla operative which caused a problem with PID. Can we blacklist the kits back to v3.1?
Last edited by Jim on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eskyo

Post by eskyo »

IMHO yesterday #1 was a clusterfuck. One good squad with the "regular members" and everybody else running around like flies.
At one moment there was 2x A10 + 1x pawnee + 1x drone flying somewhere.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Please understand, the version that is there currently is an amended version of the first public release of the new PO. We expect many updates, patches, fixes etc to be rolled out before a stable Release Candidate comes along.

Whilst some effort went in initially to bring the mission slightly more inline with what we're used to, there's still a lot more to do such as addressing loadouts, orbats, depots etc. This effort is required everytime there's an update and, as such, we will seek to ensure it happens with each new release to continually improve the mission inline with ZEUS type gameplay and expected standards. However, trying to address issues in between these updates is an extra load on the developers who are already busy with other issues.

Until the next release happens we can either try ensure there are good SLs in place to reign in wayward players and admins around in game or TS to help resolve problems as they occur or go back to our stable version of PO3.

As an admin I certainly appreciate the problems that free access to unrestricted loadouts and vehicles can present and know just how much effort it takes to continually monitor said issues. All I can suggest is that if self policing is not effective and no one is willing or able to contact an admin and the community as a majority feel that PO4 (in its current state) is not worth the time it takes to prevent / deal with players unable to control themselves then we can look at pulling this version until a more refined release comes along.

So community,.. any thoughts?
Terox

Post by Terox »

Until the official Roy86 version is more developed there isnt a lot of point editing the internal scripts, its simply too much work to do between patches and then remembering what changes were made, so unfortunately, at this moment in time the only changes we can do that are simple and easily re implemented is to have a better orbat than the original and also have some respawning vehicles at the start

Eventually I will edit the code so that there isn't a free for all VAS style system or the ability to spawn / spam vehicles
eskyo

Post by eskyo »

it's fine guys, in my case i'm not really complaining. What I meant is maybe leave only terox's version of it.