Patrol Ops on Malden

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Terox

Patrol Ops on Malden

Post by Terox »

I ported a copy of our existing "Jets DLC" patrol ops to Malden. If there are any game breaking bugs can you report them here.

I wont be developing the mission , as PO4 is just around the corner, this is just an interim quick fix for you to play on Malden
Karle

Re: Patrol Ops on Malden

Post by Karle »

Had an instance last night where all the enemy vehicles from the objectives spawned on one small patch of land. Don't know whether it was a one off or what lol. Unfortunately found them by flying over them, needless to say LZ was aborted ha.

This was the patch of land they spawned on (co-ords)
Terox

Post by Terox »

Should have fixed this, have set all small islands as NO GO areas for the taskmaster system
replaced mission with new file, same name
MissVerstand3n

Post by MissVerstand3n »

played with Shteven the other night. We noticed 2 potential issues

1) we were wondering if the Artillery can be rearmed since it is boxed in? Maybe it is by design so people don't overuse it.
2) We were supposed to steal a Scorcher Artillery from the enemy. Unfortunately it was stationed at the airfield island in the north west. We were not able to liberate the island by ourselves but we were wondering if the scorcher can be airlifted to bring it back to the main island to complete the mission?

However for sure a nice port. Had a blast once more people logged on. Thx for your hard work!
Ender-034

Post by Ender-034 »

I don't want to add a whole bunch of problems due to PO4 being around the cornet, but I found one big thing and one small thing that I would be happy if it got checked if you go back to edit the mission in the future.

1. As Eagle I realised that the incoming armored targets got trapped and bunched up on the way to the objective inside the towns. This caused Shteven to skip of all the 3 missions because these units were trapped all around the map and we couldn't handle it. I am unsure of that causes this because AI is supposed to be able to manuever intelligently through towns so either it's the Malden map that has something going on or the armored spawn points might happen inside the towns which makes them get trapped.

2. Macer missiles on the jet is "bugged" after the Jet DLC so you can only lock on at very close distances at around 2 km with the Macer missiles, which is not so easy when traveling in 300 kph at the least, so if you go back it would be fixed by replacing the Macer with the Dagger.

Cheers! Looking forward to Patrol Ops 4.
Karle

Post by Karle »

Ender-034 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:52 pm 2. Macer missiles on the jet is "bugged" after the Jet DLC so you can only lock on at very close distances at around 2 km with the Macer missiles, which is not so easy when traveling in 300 kph at the least, so if you go back it would be fixed by replacing the Macer with the Dagger.
They've changed how things work with the update, are you using them properly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/ ... c_changes/

EDIT:
"Remember that you can't lock a target that don't have their engine ON for a "long" period of time (too allow the vehicle to heat up)"

Probably this due to the way they spawn.
Steven

Post by Steven »

1) There seem to be a huge density of hostile armor at spawning at the SE Marina Base.
2) We were playing with 8 players but the amount of armor was a bit too high (Around 20-30 ilfrit, Tanks, APC, AA armor,...) during the 'Ambush Armored Patrol missions'.
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

- High density of vehicles spawning a bit too late... especially on that NE Island with the airfield.
- Sometimes new missions don't spawn or/and don't appear for some players (force skip/reconnect required)

On a side note, the gameplay still a tad bit just the same. Need new weapons, perhaps a special unit of 5 that can utilize a wider range of weapons and accessories such as thermal and scopes. A special request to allow us to use the mk-18 with a medium range scope?
This is good for when the player count is too low for any mission to be playable.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

- Pilots (Eagle) spawn without helmet.
- Can't access squadmod when inside vehicle (Jet - Eagle again) - Missing from vehicle context menu.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

Snowman wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:40 pm - Can't access squadmod when inside vehicle (Jet - Eagle again) - Missing from vehicle context menu.
This has always been an issue in Patrol Ops. Just press U and click on the bottom left button.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Not so.

Worked just fine on previous versions upto 5k, when we introduced the new content and the jets dlc.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

I wonder, if this has never been the case and you could always access the squad mod through the scroll menu, why the hell would i know of a workaround that surley works in the new jets as well.

And i remember pretty well that SLs had to disembark their tanks to give someone a drivers license, or pilots had to wait in base because sl was flying a chopper and couldnt give the pilots license.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Smolof wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:14 am I wonder, if this has never been the case and you could always access the squad mod through the scroll menu, why the hell would i know of a workaround that surley works in the new jets as well.
And i remember pretty well that SLs had to disembark their tanks to give someone a drivers license, or pilots had to wait in base because sl was flying a chopper and couldnt give the pilots license.
Snowman wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:50 pm Not so.
Worked just fine on previous versions upto 5k, when we introduced the new content and the jets dlc.

Think this can be changed in:
missionroot\fnc\intel\fn_GUI_display.sqf
That sqf should allow the maker to set the type of dialog that opens when in a certain type of vic, so instead of hud_settings it could go straight to squad_mod list

Stealthy's issue of add action should be :
missionroot\fnc\interact\fn_interaction_self.fsm

if am wrong..... worth a shot