Server 1 left on Tanoa Mission overnight

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
harveyn

Server 1 left on Tanoa Mission overnight

Post by harveyn »

Logged in this morning hoping for a bite of practice on my lonesome in patrol ops but I can't log into the server as I lack the apex DLC.

Just a reminder if people could at the end of the night switch it back to altis before leaving for the cheap plebs next day, I'd appreciate it muchly
NGarcia

Re: Server 1 left on Tanoa Mission overnight

Post by NGarcia »

If that happen mate. Just enter in Team Speak and try to find some admin to solve that situation. Normally there is always someone that can do that!
But usually that is meant to happen when ppl leave the server there is the "rule" of leave the patrol ops Altis running. Cheers!
Karle

Post by Karle »

Is that rule not invalid now though considering we are an Apex supporting community and the Insurgency mission was made as an alternative to Patrol Ops?

EDIT: As a side note, get Apex, Tanoa is awesome. Pretty cheap when on sale now.
Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Overall if you dont know if its an ok price tag, just think 1€\£ =>1 hour of game play its a good price.
What, how The hell is 10 frags to much, i feel naken here.
Silver

Post by Silver »

My comment on this, after the custom night at 23., the server was, overnight, left as is.. as in a incomplete mission with nothing else to do (nobody in TS). It should be set to patrol missions or tanoa.

Also, it seems like there have been very few players around lately except custom events.. This could be improved by some better support. as in, about a week ago i joined the server when it was running tanoa, barely enough players to fill half a squad. No pilots to transport to zone (there was one, but no idea what he were doing), and on that map no paradrop. For the 5-6 players in mission, there was maybe 15 who joined, got bored of waiting in base and quit.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Silver wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:30 am My comment on this, after the custom night at 23., the server was, overnight, left as is.. as in a incomplete mission with nothing else to do (nobody in TS). It should be set to patrol missions or tanoa.

Also, it seems like there have been very few players around lately except custom events.. This could be improved by some better support. as in, about a week ago i joined the server when it was running tanoa, barely enough players to fill half a squad. No pilots to transport to zone (there was one, but no idea what he were doing), and on that map no para drop. For the 5-6 players in mission, there was maybe 15 who joined, got bored of waiting in the base and quit.
Just some information about the mission,

There are vics at the base to allow players to go out and clear the zones on the island they are on.
There is a teleport to a FOB (Which is on the main island) which has vics to allow players to clear out the main island.
There is a teleport to a Dock which allows players to travel to any island they which to, with the boats provided.
There is a Check RP action on the flagpole which teleports players straight to the squad leaders position (Cant get any easier than this).

If support is online there is a para drop option for all players inside the aircraft (Called "Bail")
If no support is online then players can use the actions above to get them to a vic/area they wish to get to

If player count is lower than 15 players, All players are able to respawn instead of bleeding out for 10mins
If no medics are on the mission, All players are able to respawn instead of bleeding out for 10mins

I have listed 5 ways to get to your chosen objective, 4 of them are designed for no support online.
If you were waiting around in base... It was down to your leadership not getting things moving along.

Think players need to do their homework on what's available to them in the mission. Players aren't always going to have a little flag they run up to and spawn 1500 in the air whenever the feel like it.

You are correct tho. If players are left at the base for too long then, of course, players will get bored and leave.

So perhaps, not the mission at blame, But the players... If you are in a squad, waiting around at base for x amount of time. Ask your squad leader...."why"?
Silver

Post by Silver »

Sure, but the problem, a lot of people don't know about all those options.. rarely play tanoa on this server anyway. And even if i knew, all those 15 others who didn't know, still left..

And i did ask squad leader several times, and i even wrote in support channel after a good long while.. still nothing :D (btw, this was just an example of how things have been lately... not all the time, but more than before)
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Silver wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:13 am Sure, but the problem, a lot of people don't know about all those options.. rarely play tanoa on this server anyway. And even if i knew, all those 15 others who didn't know, still left..

And i did ask squad leader several times, and i even wrote in support channel after a good long while.. still nothing :D (btw, this was just an example of how things have been lately... not all the time, but more than before)
Yeah, that's part of it.

Players rarely play Tanoa because we have the attitude "Switch it to altis" and then Altis runs for most of the day(s), I think in the past week. The Tanoa mission has been played at 10pmGMT to 2amGMT (Which is when there is the lowest player count due to time zone) and the number of days played is around 4 (based on what I've seen).

Total hours for Tanoa in a week - 16 hours (Based on the hours above and days)
Total hours for Altis in a week - 100 hours (Excluded game nights)

How can players learn how to play this type of mission if the mission is not running on the server more often and during the day/night.

The squad leader was probably new, Might not have had a mic, Might have just been a troll. But at the end of it, If you can't get them to reply. Just Re-slot and bring the players in the squad who are responsive and willing to play into the new squad. Of course, you can also contact an admin (if online on ts or in-game) or vote an admin in to remove the non-responsive squad leader.

In no way am I asking you to answer these questions silver nor am i having a go at you, I am just making a point based on your experience that you have shared.

Players need to get used to the fact that Tanoa will get played more often and that it will have days when it runs overnight and continues into the next night. As already stated below... The community Supports APEX and what it has to offer. There has been countless sales of APEX since its release and am sure there will be more to come. So if you don't have it. Keep an eye out for the sale.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Sure, and i was only pointing it out because i would love to see more activity on the server again.

And btw, that leader wasn't non-responsive, and it sounded like he was ok with leading the guys in the field. just no info to us waiting from either him, support or commanders.
But as i said, i don't have a problem with that one situation, just a example of one of possible several reasons why the server is at times abandoned, even in "prime time"

and i agree about tanoa, would love to see more game-time in that direction. And for whoever don't have it, it's not just a new map, there are several improvements. It's like arma 3,5. Buy it ;)