Zeus Familiarisation Training Enrolment

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Valkorv

Re: Zeus Familiarisation Training Enrolment

Post by Valkorv »

I see if I can squeeze in some time. So 1500 GMT... which is 1600 GMT+1 (I'm in France)?
"Extremis Malis, Extremis Remedia" - "Desperate Times, Call for Desperate Measures"
W4zer

Post by W4zer »

Hi,

To my understanding Part1 is scheduled for every Sunday at 15:00 GMT. I will download the big Modpack and try to attend, unless something unforeseeable happens in the meantime.

Cheers
Tipsi

Post by Tipsi »

W4zer, what do you mean by "the big modpack"?

The zclient pack required for training is less than a megabyte.

It can be found here:

http://www.zeus-community.net/important ... Client.zip
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

When we started the training we ran sessions #1 on Saturdays, #2 on Sundays and #3 on mondays.

As we have almost 80 community members through the training now we only tend to run them when enough people sign up for the training via the forum. This means the sessions are more effective as more people makes it easier to run the squad based training parts that are not as easy to communicate or demonstrate with only 1, 2 or 3 people in the session.

Also, Admins and Trainers have given up their free time over the past 8 months to help the community in running these sessions, so I will only ask them to run one once I am confident there are enough people actually wanting to do a session to make it worthwhile.

So, sign up in this thread once you see the part you need to complete being scheduled (You need to run the sessions in order as each one builds on the last).

Hope that helps clarify your understanding.
splash

Post by splash »

Ready for part 3 this week! :D
W4zer

Post by W4zer »

Ok, never mind then.
W4zer, what do you mean by "the big modpack"?

The zclient pack required for training is less than a megabyte.

It can be found here:
I was confident I could finally push myself to play on server 2. You are right, that info is not relevant for this thread, sorry for the confusion.
When we started the training we ran sessions #1 on Saturdays, #2 on Sundays and #3 on mondays.

As we have almost 80 community members through the training now we only tend to run them when enough people sign up for the training via the forum. This means the sessions are more effective as more people makes it easier to run the squad based training parts that are not as easy to communicate or demonstrate with only 1, 2 or 3 people in the session.

Also, Admins and Trainers have given up their free time over the past 8 months to help the community in running these sessions, so I will only ask them to run one once I am confident there are enough people actually wanting to do a session to make it worthwhile.

So, sign up in this thread once you see the part you need to complete being scheduled (You need to run the sessions in order as each one builds on the last).

Hope that helps clarify your understanding.
I understand that I cannot expect anyone to believe I know how to run in a staight line unless some admin saw me do it. I will check in from time to time.
Kyoptic

Post by Kyoptic »

When is the next time 2 will be coming around? It was announced pretty suddenly last time and i hadn't even been able to check the forums before it had happened.
Making the world a better place, by shooting people in the face.
RossY

Post by RossY »

i'll be there
lucius

Post by lucius »

TODAY we will be running ZFMT 3 at 3pm GMT
OldManVegas

Post by OldManVegas »

Can someone send us a PM or reminder in game or TS3 when ZMFT-3 roles around again? Got a little too drunk and slept through the last one. ;(
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

ZEUS Familiarisation / Training
Part 1: Sun 14th Feb @ 3pm GMT
============================

We will be hosting the Part 1 training this comming Sunday.

If you wish to attend, please post a reply in this thread with your intent to attend, and please ensure you watch the pre-requisite videos and read the intro section of the field manual.

Any one turning up to do the training who hasn't done the pre-requisites will have to wait for the next part 1 training as I will not delay starting the session for everyone else whilst we wait.

Snowman
Redlonghorn_NL

Post by Redlonghorn_NL »

I would like to be part of the Zeus Training so i can become a bether Arma player and i would also like to be a part of this awesome gaming community.
Can somebody also tell me wich server it is on and maybe give me the IP.

Redlonghorn_NL
Last edited by Redlonghorn_NL on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

Snowman is it possible to do part one one hour later in next sunday?
Tipsi

Post by Tipsi »

Was away on Saturday so couldn't complete part 3.

When is the next scheduling for part 3 please?
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Snowman is it possible to do part one one hour later in next sunday?
The sessions start at 3 (or earlier) to avoid clashing with game night. 3 hours is enough time to facilitate training and any questions and answers that come up during.

If there's many people wanting part 1 that also cannot make 3pm Sunday we can look at running another session in the week. Maybe Monday evening (to be confirmed).

--------------
I would like to be part of the Zeus Training so i can become a bether Arma player and i would also like to be a part of this awesome gaming community. Can somebody also tell me wich server it is on and maybe give me the IP.
The Training is held on the Zeus Community Special Events server, which is only visible during times of training. Direct connect address available in TS Welcome and Support channel.

--------------
When is the next scheduling for part 3 please?
The next part 3 session is yet to be scheduled. Again, if there are enough numbers (which I doubt until others have completed parts 1 & 2 ) we can squeeze in another part 3 session.

--------------
I understand that I cannot expect anyone to believe I know how to run in a staight line unless some admin saw me do it
I understand I cannot expect people to realise how much effort goes into the training without feeling the need to criticise it before trying it.

--------------
Can someone send us a PM or reminder in game or TS3 when ZMFT-3 roles around again? Got a little too drunk and slept through the last one. ;(
We're working on using the Zeus Community Steam group as a platform for announcements. Will be rolled out ASAP.

--------------