♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ - Wherever we may patrol

Any Topics related to the No.1 Server
Mihai

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ - Wherever we may patrol

Post by Mihai »

Hello there!

In this pandemic times(I hope all of you are safe and sound), I had a lot of free time, I have finished my studies and all that jazz, and while I had this free time I've decided to come back to Zeus Community and play some Arma3. NOW... I am not an active user of the forum, I only stagger upon it only if someone hands me a direct link to a topic. I tried searching for my problem/question/idea, but I found nothing, and because of that, I have to post my rare and unique post:

Why not invest some day-time effort into Patrol Ops? Years ago when I joined the community for the first time, I joined it via a Patrol Ops Mission. Some days later I hopped intro the Teamspeak server and from there on, I've met a lot of people, learned how to control myself and not doing all the call-of-dodo nonsense, eventually I learned how to squad-lead (I love doing that) and all that because I attended the Familiarization Training stuff, and now I can't stand fps games that don''t offer at least a minimum of mil-sim experience. I think I heard the other night, Terox or Hund I think, can't remember who, who was in awe that some 3-4 people joined the community(WELCOME!) BUT I call it simply luck, because maybe -in my opinion- those people simply wanted to play some Arma at that hour, searched for co-op and numbers in the server browser and they just joined. And just for that I made this post, because I think you(heads of the community) are expecting to grow while playing 2/7 night's. Meanwhile you keep both of the servers up and empty, like a scarecrow. Last year I was bouncing from server 1 to server 2 at 14:00, people were playing on both sides, 2:0.8 ratio. Now, if I want to play some Arma in the afternoon, I have to join either 77th-jsoc or Ahoyworld. But on 77th people are arrogant AF and on ahoyworld, call-of-dodo people. I tried to set a PatrolOps mission, Tried to play a bit, I waited about 50-70 minutes, in the end, 3 people joined, 2 with microphones, the other one just typed but was ready to play, unfortunately I had to leave, but there is still a chance to grow even bigger. Please, give it a thought.

Thank you,
Mihai.
Mihai

Re: ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ - Wherever we may patrol

Post by Mihai »

RE: I forgot the suggestion. Host some nights ONLY with PatrolOps - OR Anex - OR What ever you think it might convince people to stay.
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

I think regular gamenight mission convince people to stay, as they actually are the gameplay we claim to provide as a community.

PatrolOps, with the insane amount of handholding and "guard-railing" that it has (don't get me wrong, for entirely public, sparsely moderated servers it is required), makes it feel too restrictive, for me at least, to actively want to play it, or be played instead of just another gamenight mission.

PO3 has also aged horribly, most things feel extremely generic ( because they are, frankly ). Applying the 26k template and simply creating the PatrolOps tasks as their own mission file, will yield much greater results - quality and "fun"-wise, for obvious reasons.

The saving grace of PO3 is its ability to run on its own, throughout most of the day, but since Arma 3 is a slowly dying game, you don't get the floodwaves of new players, that would try it out, anymore. But since you argue for "PatrolOps - nights" or Inv&Anx - events, that feature doesn't matter too much, as admins moderate gamenights, so the P03 rails aren't required.

However, you can always host a "special event" for PatrolOps/other missions on the Event Server, by following the procedure in this link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xpE ... x6m586tlou

Shameless plug: There will be a Warhammer 40k-inspired Event on the 22nd-23rd of May, if you haven't seen it yet.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1083
Rip Inglisch
Layden

Post by Layden »

Rodi wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:53 pm PO3 has also aged horribly, most things feel extremely generic ( because they are, frankly ).

I agree I started up the most recent version a few weeks ago and the respawn didn't work so you had to abort and come back in if the squad got wiped. I believe patrol ops 4 is nearly completed though although it had been in alpha for a few years now, Roy86 does post regular updates on the bohemia forum: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic ... d/?page=61

I think the big problem with the lack of new players is the missions currently played on Server 1. These mainly being co10 Escape and co31?? Antistasi, both of these also have issues in regards to new players. Escape for example is nearly always full which makes it impossible for new players to join and also can be rather confusing for anyone who hasn't played it before, possibly making escape a co20 mission like the ones on sever two would help this issue. Antistasi is even more confusing for new players and even regulars for that matter, I have also seen a lot of lone wolfing on antistasi games recently which I found very surprising in this community. Also, there has been a huge lack of leadership in these games, two of my friends who are new to the community joined the server when antistasi was being played and left after 5 minutes as they received no squad invites or any communication from anyone for that matter!

The key to any of these missions is a good commander, the same applies in patrol ops and I&A. I think missions on server 1 should always have a specified commander (especially Antistasi) when the player count goes over 5/6. This gives new players the best chance of staying with us as they should see what this community is about from the off.

It's essential to gain some new members in these months as with these when Arma 4 is released this community may well be back at the top of the server list again rivalling 77th and Ahoy World. There are plenty of newbies to be helped for example about a month ago 77th opened a third server and all three of there servers are nearly always full. Let's update patrol ops and get this community back to the top again!