Theoretical Summer Major Event - IFA

Jamie

Theoretical Summer Major Event - IFA

Post by Jamie »

Its been a while since a special event, and whilst GM is basically providing a bit of flavour every other week, I reckon its time for another.

The most successful events seem to be WW2 ones, and with a new update to IFA_AIO_Lite adding working bayonets, bagpipes (for vigil) and a couple of new maps that only work with IFA, its time to take another look.

IFA doesn't have as good USMC, has no IJA, or the 3 pacific maps that FOW has, but has many better maps for the western and northern fronts.

Assuming that nobody has any quibbles with the modlist as I present it here, I've planned 16 missions both warmup and main totalling well over the required 6 hours.
For this special event to go through however, I would need assistance to create a seeder mission to run during the day, I have a plan for it, but lack the understanding of how to implement the idea.
I also hope to persuade 26k to bring back his excellent Day of Days mission for endnight.

I will not propose a date until mission makers are satisfied with the modlist, and a seeder mission has been arranged.

Modlist
IFA_AIO_Lite - main modpack, adds the units, some maps, some terrains, and changes the UI
GEIST A3 Lite - an additional pack that adds hundreds of extra uniforms and kits, far too many in my opinion. Needed to give high quality textures to the otherwise mediocre IFA soldiers.
Ace - alters the mechanics of health, interactions, and other small tweaks
I44 Terrains - adds a couple of additional terrains for france and the Ardenne
Northern Front Terrains - adds a couple of maps focusing on the cold northern front
WW2 Objects - scenery objects to populate missions, a dependency for IFA and I44 Terrains
CUP Terrains - objects and scenery to populate missions
ACRE2 - communications mod, adds working radios
CBA_A3 - additional useful tidbits
Enhanced Movement - allows you to scale walls, form human pyramids, and jump fences

Collection -
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1756074037
Last edited by Jamie on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[Ben]

Re: Summer Major Event - IFA

Post by [Ben] »

When attempting to organize a special event, please follow the procedures as stated here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xpE ... oShDp6MKBU
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Have I not?
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

It must have the support of at least 25 members for a major, 15-20 for a minor depending on how much content is available. (Via a poll on the forums lasting a week.) suitably titled:
Proposal for XXXXX Mod as ( Insert: Major or Minor) special event.
The purpose of the post was unclear. If it was something you are trying to book, it would be titled appropriately and people would be able to vote on their interest or lack of interest. This post in my opinion was just talking about a theoretical event involving IFA. There is no concrete certainty that you are asking for peoples support in turning up to an event, nor has even a rough time estimate been given so people would be able to plan if they could attend or not.
Must have the backing of at least 1 admin who can then help support you as you organize the event and liaise with the server technician.
No where in the post does it mention if this has been acquired or if one is still needed, or even simply acknowledged.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Jamie

Re: Theoretical Summer Major Event - IFA

Post by Jamie »

Retitled, will make second more explicit post when seeder mission and admin have been acquired
Jamie

Re: Theoretical Summer Major Event - IFA

Post by Jamie »

I need some second opinions, specifically about whether to include GRAD trenches in the list.
Its a nice mod, but its just dead weight if we're unlikely to use it.