Best pistol (vanilla)

Ender

Best pistol (vanilla)

Post by Ender »

I did a bit of constant testing and the results are:

Zubr - best for damage, accuracy, attachments (without suppressor) (open combat, field/forest)

PO7 - best for speed, accuracy, ammo (Close Combat, CQB)

4-five - best for damage, speed, all attachments, decent accuracy ( best all around)

Rook-40 - best for recoil, speed, ammo (very close CQB)

Conclusion:

If you are doing missions around open terrain/forest bring a Zubr

If you are going middle range CQB go PO7

If you will be all around bring a 4-five

If you are going to use the pistol for close/middle CQB bring a Rook-40

However, keep in mind that usually when you need your pistol is if you don't have time to reload your main rifle which is almost always when an enemy is very close, therefor the winner is the Rook-40
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
Eagle-Eye

Re: Best pistol (vanilla)

Post by Eagle-Eye »

I like the effort, and I would love to see a more extensive report on this, because right now, this is all really vague to me.

For example, just a few thoughts that come to mind:
- What do you mean with "constant testing"?
- How did you score these tests exactly?
- What targets did you use? Where did you shoot them? Did they have any kind of armour? What distance were they at? Was there a significant difference in number of bullets needed to drop the target?
- Are different calibre, clip size, stopping power, penetration ... of the pistols taken into account when deciding which one is better than the other?
Ender

Post by Ender »

-Constant testing means that I do it repeating times to make sure the result is the same.

Tests for:

Damage:

-I did the tests in virtual arsenal were I stood behind the same block and shot in the same place (stomache) of a guy wearing the best protective vest. There was a constant/reliable result with the different pistols

Accuracy:
-I included how the bullet fly in vr from shooting at a guy from the same block at 100m. A few things I included in this is how easy it was to hit the target at 100m, how many rounds hit from firing at the same place and also with looking at how closely the firing trace is together or spread. I did this multiple times to make sure it wasn't just my aim and the results were the same.

Recoil:
-For recoil I aimed at the same guy from the same block at 100m and fired as quickly as I could without moving the mouse until I depleted 6 rounds which is the lowest ammo count (Zubr). Then in the sky of virtual world there is wall lines that go up 50-100-150-200 etc. Therefor I could see which line it was on and which had the least recoil. I did this multiple times aswell as doing it while firing slowly to make sure the speed isn't a factor.

Attachments:
-For attachments it's quite simple. I went into the virtual arsenal loadout tab and checked what it had available.

Ammo:
-This is how many rounds was in a magazine.

Speed:
-For speed I shot as quickly as possible multiple of times and added which ones shared first place, second and third.

All in all after I completed all of the tests and came to the conclusion I mentioned above I went into the editor and put all the pistols in the different environments. I tested all pistols in open field/woodland and in both medium/close CQB. The enemy that I was engaging had the best protective gear. While doing these final tests I saw a distinct difference in the pistols ability to take down a target in these different environments. Zubr was much better long range but was bad at close range. 4-five wasn't best in anything but was decent in everything. Rook-40/PO7 was good in close/medium CQB though the Rook-40 was distinctively better. Both were worse/harder to handle at longer distances.
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
ashley

Post by ashley »

Is there any reason to post this here ender or would you like me to create a new thread titled 'The Origins of Christmas' for you so you can move it there?

I see no reason to make the text this small unless you are simply trolling.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Always Have A Zeus Mission...
ashley

Post by ashley »

Post has been removed due to it clearly being a troll post.

User has been warned.