Yes
97%
Maybe
3%

Total votes: 32

Olympus

Re: Faces of War Special Event

Post by Olympus »

I would want to propose a meeting between Cobra and the members that will make missions for better co-ordination so that are created missions with different objects and no with same.Also it should it is fixed how many total missions will need in order to they are shared rightly.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Cobra, Update Steam collection with CUP Terrains - Core.
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Just a reminder to everyone, we are aiming to be more inclusive with this special event and make a larger effort in inviting the server#1 crowd to join us for the event. This is partly why Cobra has ensured that the modset required for the event is purely accessible through Steam Workshop to make it as painless as possible.

The admin team will try to remember to advertise this event during server#1 gamenight, but it would also be great if everyone who frequents server#1 helps to pass the word around.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

Updated with CUP - Core Terrains.

Have multiple collections with FOW and that was missing it.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Wombat wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:45 pm Just a reminder to everyone, we are aiming to be more inclusive with this special event and make a larger effort in inviting the server#1 crowd to join us for the event. This is partly why Cobra has ensured that the modset required for the event is purely accessible through Steam Workshop to make it as painless as possible.

The admin team will try to remember to advertise this event during server#1 gamenight, but it would also be great if everyone who frequents server#1 helps to pass the word around.
Noted, and will be spread to other members to raise awareness.
Eagle-Eye

Post by Eagle-Eye »

Steam collection is also missing CBA_A3, and I don't think anything we have in the ZClient is in there? (ShackTac UI, advanced movement, mag repack, ...)

Bringing in more players from the Server 1 crowd, we'll probably need to inform them about the (current) ACRE-issues with TS 3.2.1 ASAP? (3.1.10 is known to work... I have been told, but have not personally tested and confirmed, that the newest beta version works as well)
Also advise as many as possible to read up on the different mechanics introduced with ACE, especially the medical system, and have their ACRE properly installed and configured to avoid issues just before or during the event?

Does anyone have decent guides and/or manuals to share?
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

I made a lot of test in editor with Faces Of War MOD.Noticed that antitank weapons as Bazzoka PIAT and PFZ are very weak against armor vehicles and Tanks .If we use that vehicles maybe will be unbalanced.Any suggestions?
mathers

Post by mathers »

Seems balanced to me, Olympus. AT Weaponry back then wasn't as potent as nowadays, which is why PAKs and such were a thing but hardly are today - and why tank-on-tank battle and using mines, explosives and other sorts of techniques that nowadays would go under 'guerilla warfare' were common in dealing with enemy armor, if no friendly armor was available.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely possible to knock out armored vehicles with infantry AT, just a lot harder due to less punch and, most importantly, less range. A german panzerfaust had an effective range of 150m on the later versions (only distributed in early '45), the most common panzerfausts were 30-60m range.

So my suggestion is that we just move away from the idea of 'QRF' that we commonly use where we spam some arbitrary amount of armor at the players half-way into the mission - instead, utilize enemy armor as the highlight of the mission. Destroying a single well-placed Tiger can be the entire objective of an infantry operation. In other words: if you encounter enemy armor as infantry, you're supposed to shit your pants and then figure out a way of dealing with that threat with everyone pooling resources to do so - it's world war 2, armor is scary.
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

yes ,understand what you say.I agree. to destroy a well camouflage Panther will be a nice challenge in a mission.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Olympus wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm yes ,understand what you say.I agree. to destroy a well camouflage Panther will be a nice challenge in a mission.
you can always 10v1 that panther and overwhelm it with shermans and Stuarts. :lol:
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

Have we anything about the event promotion?
We must put an announce in BIS Forum and in our website and maybe found some other places,i think.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Server 4 has now been setup and is posting.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Here we go
Beyond your Ken

Post by Beyond your Ken »

Did you change the mods name for the server? like faces of war to @fow or was that the file name that you got when downloading? Because I went on the test server with all the mods but enhanced movement and I was not getting any roles showing up.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Only server#4 will be setup to accept the special event mods. If you need to test a special event mission or simply test your special event mods, you need to do it on server#4 (port 2330).