Yes
97%
Maybe
3%

Total votes: 32

Cobra.

Faces of War Special Event

Post by Cobra. »

Following the relative success of previous events and the unfortunate cancellation of Vegas' Summer Offensive special event, I am proposing a new WW2 special event. Learning from previous mistakes relating to mods and the organisation of the event I have attempted to remove dependencies on any Zeus-made addons as to keep it solely on the Workshop meaning it only requires a single button click to download all the addons. This action should open up the event to our server 1 crowd who I feel are usually put off by the prospect of having to deal with Arma3Sync and related hassle.

As a disclaimer prior to the main post, I realise that this event has less overall content than the previous WW2 event I ran and Vegas' proposal. This is as a result of IFA3_AIO_LITE being of rather low quality due to its creation and my distaste for adding large amounts of mods just to fix the uniform and weapon quality, possibility of losing an entire sub-faction due to the devs being childish, and finally another issue being that in the previous events we used around half of the available assets which are all mostly in FOW as well. The biggest loss being the I44 maps which are in IFA3_AIO_LITE sadly.

If you are not planning on making a mission then I do not wish to hear any complaints about this modpack beyond constructive advice and opinions.

Running off the success of the previous Second World War special event and off the current rise in numbers, I wish to run a major special event centring around the Faces Of War mod. This mod is similar to the IFA3 mod pack however it has a far higher quality of assets than IFA3 and has experienced a steady growth since development. Whilst smaller in size to IFA3, FOW makes up in its quality and broader scope of assets stretching from the Western Front to the Pacific rather than just focusing on the war in Europe.

Currently featured in Faces of War are the:
United States Marine Corps - With Landing Craft and its own relevant island.
United States Army - Both Pacific and European theatres with assorted armour, motorised infantry, and paratroopers.
British Army - Featuring armour, motorised assets, and an array of British and Foreign Commando units.
ANZAC - Infantry units with awesome hats.
Japanese Army - Featuring armour, motorised assets, infantry, and a Marine Raider faction.
German Army - Featuring armour, motorised assets, and Fallschirmjäger.
Japanese A6M Zero, Fleet Air Arm, and USMC Hellcats.

Running between the 6th October to the 13th October.

-MOD LIST-
CBA_A3
Faces of War
ace
Advanced Combat Radio Environment 2
CUP Terrains - Core
WW2_Objects
IFA3_Terrains_LITe
7Y WW2 Assets

Collection - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1254402254

-List is subject to change for the next week.

Sponsoring Admin - Ashley

If you are planning or thinking about making a mission please contact and inform me.
Missions come on a first come first serve basis, I am indifferent about the author when it comes to playing the mission instead focusing on the numbers and mission content.
Last edited by Cobra. on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
[Ben]

Re: Faces of War Special Event

Post by [Ben] »

This timeframe for turnaround is far too short. Your proposal will last a week, then you have three weeks before the event it'self with the third week being intended for server prep and mission testing, leaving only two weeks for co-ordinated mission making. I am not comfortable with this timeframe.

As a minimum i would say three weeks for pure mission making, not including the week long proposal time (as you can't make missions if you don't have an idea of how many you are making it for) and not including the last week for server prep and mission testing. Given that this is a proposal for a major, which means seeding content will be needed as well as a larger volume of missions, i think your earliest practical date would be the 6th of October to the 13th.

As always your proposal will stand for a week and ensure you have an admin signed up by then.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Ender

Post by Ender »

+1 for me.

I personally don't mind the timeframe and can scrap up a mission in 1 day or 2 if there is a lack of.
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

That is fine for the 6th October to the 13th.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Yea sure why not... However:
Learning from previous mistakes relating to mods and the organisation of the event
There is still potential here. Remember how I kept preaching about not announcing anything before the event initiator or somebody else has already made 2 or 3 missions? It does wonders for increasing the quality and chilling the whole thing out a big notch. Also wouldve probably helped in getting a supporter already.

But yea if this takes off I may make sth. And let's start taking these events more seriously again. The last ones kinda left things to be desired. Let's aim for a well-prepared, polished experience and lets also allot as much time as is needed for that.
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

I like special events, these things give us a trouth community spirit.I can help with missions.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

StRiKeR wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:37 pm There is still potential here. Remember how I kept preaching about not announcing anything before the event initiator or somebody else has already made 2 or 3 missions? It does wonders for increasing the quality and chilling the whole thing out a big notch.
+1
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
mathers

Post by mathers »

+1 for this event, if it goes through, I'll throw in some beach assaults.
Ghostwolf XII

Post by Ghostwolf XII »

+1 These events are good craic
honeymoon

Post by honeymoon »

+1 support the new guy
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

Has achieved the required amount of votes. The event won't not be going ahead due to the not having the required amount of votes.
Last edited by Cobra. on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Cobra. wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:45 pm Has achieved the required amount of votes. The event will be going ahead.
Oh really? Good to know we have your permission. ;)
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

oi, you know what i meant

Rodi

Post by Rodi »

?????
Rip Inglisch
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

?????
Cobra with his genius communication skills, the event is gonna take place. Make mishun.