The Summer Offensive - August 20th - 26th.

Will you be attending the event? - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RESPOND TO THIS POLL.

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 28

OldManVegas

The Summer Offensive - August 20th - 26th.

Post by OldManVegas »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lq9eopDruw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVY33aKp8CA

Yes, as you just saw and might have guessed it's about time we did another WW2 event. Considering that we've seen some major improvements with CSA38 & Faces of War it feels a bit rough only giving attention to IFA. So we're mixing it up on the big scale this time for another week long event of World War 2 goodness. Who needs pandering Battlefield games when we've got some good ol fashioned ArmA nitty-gritty, eh?

As you might of guessed the mods this time focus more on a big mix of armies and scenarios, we're widening the fronts and providing more content for hopefully some of the most epic missions you've ever played during a special event. There's 21 maps across both expansions and the four vanilla maps with terrains shifting around places like Poland, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia, Greece, Berlin, Normandy, and France.

Similarly - the focus this time won't just be on playing American or Polish forces, this is all the factions with have to play with this time:

⦁ Commonwealth Forces (Including: 1st. Belgian Infantry, 1st Canadian Division, 3rd Canadian Division, No. 6 Commando, Essex Regiment, 1/3/9 Paratrooper Regiments, Prinses Irene Brigade, South East Asia Command)
⦁ ANZAC Forces (Australia & New Zealand Army Corps)
⦁ United States (Including 82nd & 101st Airborne, M37 & M41 Camo Patterns, US w/ Pacific Camo and United States Marine Corps)
⦁ Czechoslovak Army (With USSR, State Police, Financial Guard and Czechoslovak Independent Armoured Brigade versions)
⦁ Romanian Army
⦁ Slovak Army
⦁ Deutsch Heer (Normal Infantry & Panzer Lehr Variants. 1939, 40-43 & 43-45 Camo Patterns, DAK & Winter Camouflage too.)
⦁ Luftwaffe's Fallschirmjager (In standard, Italian, Splintertarn & Stumpftarn camouflages/)
⦁ Waffen SS (In three variants.)
⦁ Imperial Japanese Army & Imperial Japanese Navy

The content in total comes to around 8GB. This is barely 1/3rd the size of Server 2's content. It's all done via workshop, and in order to join Server 4 on game night all you will need to do is disable your server 2 modset, although zclient is optional, and enable all the workshop mods. Here is a link to the collection. Performance wise, the mods shouldn't have less impact than Server 2's mods, so you should expect better performance all around.

Disclaimer: Some of the mods are comparatively new, and as such there may be a few inconsistencies or errors that I haven't noticed. If too many game breaking bugs happen then it will have an effect on the event, naturally. Same if missions go haywire, or become lackluster. Additionally, there will be zero tolerence for people who play missions intended for game night before that game night. Don't be a dick. Don't metagame. Just don't be that guy.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions can be directed to me by private message on the forum, or by adding me on steam.

THE LINKS.

THE WORKSHOP COLLECTION https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1295313242
MY STEAM, FOR ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, REQUESTS OR PROBLEMS. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998402528/
A FEW HOPEFUL WISHES FOR DEVS https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_2w ... sp=sharing

Any mission developer that wants to make missions or has made a mission for the event please send me the details in either steam, discord, the forum or teamspeak. I'll add it to my spreadsheet and make sure it gets put in place to be used. When there's at least two missions, I'll make the list public for devs.

How everyone else can contribute.

Use this thread to share stories and ideas; events and meaningful moments that would transpire well into good missions. Give inspiration to everyone else, generate some hype, and keep the discussion on topic. Support your development team in any way they need help. The rest of you can just wait, I guess.
StRiKeR

Re: The Summer Offensive - August 20th - 26th.

Post by StRiKeR »

Now that's a well structured and prepared special proposal. I am on board with this.
Although adding the 'Maybe' option in the poll wasnt a good idea considering you want to accumulate affirmative votes. Simple 'Yes' or 'No' is better.

Let's have some more WW2, woot woot.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

Edited the poll to remove the unneeded option.

Please ensure that the post and event conform to the required list of requirements as outlined here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xpE ... sp=sharing
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Including finding an admin to sponsor the event. Without the details mentioned in the link above, no planning will go into a proposal, no matter how interesting it looks.
Spud

Post by Spud »

If you plan on making a mission with runners you must use bicycles, or i will cry. They can go over 30kph!
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

As with the Halo Minor event, you have the requisite number of players interested in the event. However if there is no admin liaison by the end of the week the event will be scrapped.
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

With a failure to gain an admin to liaise and manage the event, and no apparent further acknowledgments from the author, this even will be scrubbed for the time being. An appeal can be made via the author with a member of the admin team or myself directly.