AD Mission Discussion Thread

Rory

AD Mission Discussion Thread

Post by Rory »

Hello,

With the relaunch of AD nights on zeus community soon to come. The admin team would like to get a general idea of what people like to play in AD missions. We're looking for any input available on the general subject and any useful questions or information you think we may have missed can be added. Questions are as follows...
  • Opinions on what style of AD missions you already like or dislike playing?
  • Opinions on the style of missions you would like to see?
  • Opinions on certain mechanics in these missions that you may like or dislike?
  • Opinions on the pacing and duration in these missions?
  • Opinions on the use of combat multipliers (Tanks, Jets, Artillery, other vehicles) in these missions?
  • Opinions on the idea on different forms of respawn in these missions?
  • Anything else you feel we missed or is relevant to the discussion?
As always try keep things civil. Once we get enough relevant information a poll will be put up to get a better count of the opinions gathered.

Thanks in advance, Rory.
Rory

Re: AD Mission Discussion Thread

Post by Rory »

Reminding everyone that this post exists.

After the recent success of the AD night its pretty clear that these missions are not going away any time soon. The night wasn't perfect so here's your chance if you want to voice some grievances (or praise but it's zeus so that isn't going to happen).

Any discussion would be greatly appreciated.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

It seems to me that our current selection of TvT missions are pretty much all infantry focused. It maybe harder to balance but I would like to see some more vehicular combat brought into the rotation, ground and air.

The Tanks DLC patch has made tank battles more interesting, even when just using the original vanilla vehicles. When it comes to tanks vs tank, the latest changes to damage calculation with armoured vehicles now means that you need be more careful where you aim, especially from the front. The new interiors also make locked 1st person more fun and immersive.

I've mentioned it before, but I would also like to see some new TvT missions with wave respawn implemented whether it be timer based or objective based (team gets respawn reinforcements once a particular objective has been completed). This will make TvT more fun for those who aren't as gifted in PvP skills, help avoid frustration with dying early on in a long mission and could help balance missions which include use of more deadly assets such as armour or aircraft.
Tipsi

Post by Tipsi »

Whilst I was rounding some of the mission dev troops to make some missions for the TvT night, there was a general agreement that the inclusion of Tanks DLC units would have added some more flavour to a mission. However, as you noted Wombat; it makes it difficult for the mission developer to keep it balance. This requires careful consideration from the developer, making the mission a little harder to create.

I feel this may be one of the main reasons why few missions makers have jumped up to the creative challenge.

The only issue is finding someone to step up and make it.