Tanks DLC released 11th April

Folau

Tanks DLC released 11th April

Post by Folau »

Hot off the press:

https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-tanks-dlc ... qGKH6KnyEc

Summary:
  • New CSAT MBT, which is basically a T-14 Armata.
  • AAF get an interesting vehicle with lots of variants - AA, AT, autocannon, and recon - based on the Wiesel AWC
  • NATO get a squashed Marshall with a 120mm main gun and ATGMs
  • New AT launchers - NATO version of the RPG-42 (MAAW) and a new guided launcher for CSAT
  • AT versions of Quillin and Prowler, plus AT technicals and 4WD
  • Customisation and extra armour modules for many AFV
  • Probably other things I forgot
I really like tanks and all, so I’m now insanely hyped for 11th April and plan to have missions with new content ready for the following Sunday. Getting Dev Branch downloaded asap to hopefully get some images up tomorrow evening.
StRiKeR

Re: Tanks DLC released 11th April

Post by StRiKeR »

Yet the AI crew still bails immediately when their tank is tracked. Whats all that additional armor simulation worth if I can just aim for the track? :lol:
Beyond your Ken

Post by Beyond your Ken »

The additional armour simulation is more for the player crew during ad or co. As for the ai, still needs improving(Can we script it to stop doing that?). The slate armour will help crews survive longer against rockets and missiles. The new interiors is better then the original black box for the driver. We may not need the 3rd person view for vehicle any more.

The Carl G has two version 0 and 1. 0 has just a scope with the compensation and no night vision. 1 has range finder and NV. 1 might be easier for newcomers in sever 1. Has HEAT and HE for all new launcher.

The new Csat launcher is laser guided and doesn't lock on and is heavier then the titan.

ATGM for the prowler is the titan and the quilin uses the new guided rocket. The 4wd and the technical use the spg-9 and the 4wd gets a minimi type as well. Didn't see any new statics at.

Csats marid will lose the gunner slot and the commander has control of the weapon same as the Wiesel awc. Zamak will have have a MRL version.
Folau

Post by Folau »

Yeah Ken, I will remove the 3rd person for vehicles one interiors are implemented properly.

The MAAW is a pretty neat weapon, and I think my NATO/AAF squads will see more of those.
Beyond your Ken

Had fun playing on the Wiesel in the jungles of Tanoa. Can pretty much drive most of the paths and can go through the foliage. The recon type has a radar and para-scope like the Fennek, but no weapons. The at and aa have hmg and rocket pods that are lockon only. The Auto 20mm has 120 rounds of ap and he each with 7.62 rounds. Liking it alot more then the other new vehicles. Could be used to replace mat team or Sam teams or IFV support.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

i only wish they can change the sound when firing the new AT weapons, they sound... a bit weak.
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Folau

Post by Folau »

Beyond your Ken wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:19 am Had fun playing on the Wiesel in the jungles of Tanoa. Can pretty much drive most of the paths and can go through the foliage. The recon type has a radar and para-scope like the Fennek, but no weapons. The at and aa have hmg and rocket pods that are lockon only. The Auto 20mm has 120 rounds of ap and he each with 7.62 rounds. Liking it alot more then the other new vehicles. Could be used to replace mat team or Sam teams or IFV support.
I was trying to work out how best to deploy the Auto versions. Attached the units in the same way that IFV follow squads, or as individual units/groups of Nyx? They could operate as small squadrons of a mix of them as I could imagine a squadron of 4 - three Autos and an AT - operating as 4 callsigns under a single lead.

Might take me a couple of missions to figure out their use.
Beyond your Ken

How best to employ is the job of the leaders in charge. If you want help in what roles they could be used in, you could do a few of the following. You could use any Nyx for recon. If you want it to support infantry the auto would be best as it can take out all but tanks. If they are their for dedicated to taking out armour then AT is all you need and could replace Mat as an individual or in pair. Taking out air you can use a combo of autos, anti-air, and
recon to provide guidance.
Ender

Post by Ender »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoXEg3cf8c

Must watch. This is going to be amazing!
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
Tom

Post by Tom »

I’m kinda looking forward to this...

I think that AAF vehicle is going to haunt us in our sleep if we’re not careful. The auto cannon variant will be crazy.

I’m happy they added the cage armour for RPG protection and that this armour gets shot of the vehicle.

The “tank destroyer” is kinda meh I think, will need to see it in action to know how I feel about that one, the 120mm hopefully loads kinda fast otherwise this is going to be a gun and run vehicle.

Anyways, yay dlc
Ender

Post by Ender »

Yea indeed! The only thing is that they should've added more APC/ armour variants of the NATO faction. But that is only to make perfection out of something amazing.
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
Tom

Post by Tom »

Then again, Nato has the marshal and the bobcat as armour, so they should be good.
The two wheeled scout vehicles that were in the apex expansion will also get Titan launchers... So the shift for armour has completely gone from nato to csat now. Where nato is agile and light armour, csat is heavy and bulky with aaf being the middle ground once again.