Had a great time on yesterday's gaming night - Quick Introduction

BritTorrent

Had a great time on yesterday's gaming night - Quick Introduction

Post by BritTorrent »

Hi all,

Just wanted to make a quick introduction.

I joined in with the Server 1 game night last night and I had a blast, that was the first time I've ever played large scale co-op in ARMA and it was a good laugh. I''ve been playing ARMA for coming up a decade now and I've never really managed to find a community I wanted to be involved with, but you guys seem to strike a good balance between the mil-sim and casual.

Looking forward to playing with you guys in the future.

By the way, are the add-on nights open to new-comers too? I've got the mod pack from ARMA 3 Sync and I was hoping I could join in this Saturday?

Cheers,

BritTorrent
Wombat

Re: Had a great time on yesterday's gaming night - Quick Introduction

Post by Wombat »

Hi Brit,

Glad to hear you had a good time. Since you are new to the community, I advice you check out our information repository if you haven't already since it can answer most of the basic questions you may have.

When it comes to the addon server (Server#2), although it isn't strictly mandatory, it is highly recommended that newcomers find a "chaperone" who will stick close to them during their first gamenight (buddy team) in order to guide them on using the mods (basic functionality), answer any questions they may have and lead by example.

The reason for this is that Server#2 gamenights are slightly more challenging than Server#1 gamenights due to many of the mods changing the gameplay to be more "hardcore" which also means there's more focus on organisation and less tolerance for bad behaviour or incompetence. Don't let that worry you though, if you liked what you saw on the Server#1, you'll likely find more of what you like on Server#2.

When it comes to finding a chaperone, I'll be happy to help both before Saturday gamenight and during. If you see me on Teamspeak, just give me a poke or a direct message and I'll try to help. If I'm not around feel free to ask anyone else for assistance.

Edit: We actually have a new introduction to addon server workshop which I or someone else could run through with you which should get you familiarised with the mods very quickly if you are interested.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

Hello
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
lucius

Post by lucius »

Hi buddy, welcome and do remember to harass SirBeagles with any footage you want to share! :)
BritTorrent

Post by BritTorrent »

Wombat wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm Hi Brit,

Glad to hear you had a good time. Since you are new to the community, I advice you check out our information repository if you haven't already since it can answer most of the basic questions you may have.

When it comes to the addon server (Server#2), although it isn't strictly mandatory, it is highly recommended that newcomers find a "chaperone" who will stick close to them during their first gamenight (buddy team) in order to guide them on using the mods (basic functionality), answer any questions they may have and lead by example.

The reason for this is that Server#2 gamenights are slightly more challenging than Server#1 gamenights due to many of the mods changing the gameplay to be more "hardcore" which also means there's more focus on organisation and less tolerance for bad behaviour or incompetence. Don't let that worry you though, if you liked what you saw on the Server#1, you'll likely find more of what you like on Server#2.

When it comes to finding a chaperone, I'll be happy to help both before Saturday gamenight and during. If you see me on Teamspeak, just give me a poke or a direct message and I'll try to help. If I'm not around feel free to ask anyone else for assistance.

Edit: We actually have a new introduction to addon server workshop which I or someone else could run through with you which should get you familiarised with the mods very quickly if you are interested.
Hi Wombat,

Thanks for the advice, I've had a quick skim through the information repository but I'll give it a more detailed look over later.

The 'Introduction to Addon Server' workshop sounds like a good idea to be honest, I've been playing about with the Zeus addons and there's a lot of new stuff to learn there. I've never used ACE or the RHS mods anymore so a little advice before I play for real sounds like a plan.

How do I go about arranging that?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

We could arrange a specific date and time to meet up using these forums (this thread or private message) if you'd prefer or alternatively just poke me or another admin on TS when you're free and ask if it's possible to go through it with them.

I should be free Saturday afternoon (14:00 BST onwards).
SirBeagles

Post by SirBeagles »

Welcome to the community buddy.

lucius wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:05 pm
Hi buddy, welcome and do remember to harass SirBeagles with any footage you want to share! :)

I agree with this, I also say that if you want to see some footage of the No.2 (addon server) come grab me on TS and I can show you some stuff to prepare you.
acidduk

Post by acidduk »

Welcome :-) If/when you join server 2 just tell your squad you're new and there will always be someone happy to help get you familiar while also giving you terrible banter about SirBeagles questionable heritage :-)
I'm tom
SirBeagles

Post by SirBeagles »

acidduk wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:23 pm
there will always be someone happy to help get you familiar while also giving you terrible banter about SirBeagles questionable heritage

"A drunk and a bloodhound walked into a bar"
Kickboxing_Bnana

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

Hey Buddy,
I am on ts nearly every day so just find me (BnanaMan) I can help ya out as well
"I am BnanaMan. Ever alert for the call to action!"