Zeus community video project.

SirBeagles

Zeus community video project.

Post by SirBeagles »

As I'm sure most of you have noticed, I've recently been put in charge of PR for the community. One of the first things on my list is a community YouTube channel. I feel I should clarify at this point, due to certain situations and elements of the community who believe there is a divide between the admins and the community, that my intention with this project is literally what it says on the tin. I want as many members of the community as possible to provide footage, to edit videos and to put their own personal flair into uploads so this channel will not be a staged advertisement, but rather an accurate reflection of the community as it really is. I'm not trying to make us look good. I'm trying to make us look like us.

Now some people may disagree with me on this. Some people think that as a representation of this community we should show nothing but the most professional behaviour, editing and content that we can, to look as good as we can. I respectfully disagree. I believe that in order to showcase this community as it actually is I need you. I need every one of you who is willing to record, edit and upload whatever it is you are willing to. I will find a place for it. We shall have tutorials. We shall have blooper reels. We shall have badass missions that go for forty minutes and we will have montages that last for three. I want this to be a community channel and that means members of the community need to be an actual part of it.

This is my open call out. If you're willing to be involved in a project to help this community, from a small to a large degree, just post saying yes. You don't need to know how to edit. How to record. How to do anything even, you just have to be willing. I'll then organise a meeting with you all to discuss how we move forwards and how you can help the community.

Feel free to poke\message me with any questions.
Tom

Re: Zeus community video project.

Post by Tom »

I like it!

There is a lot of banter and inter squad romancing going on, I think if you only show the bad assery that follows that, we would be missing out.

Good luck with the project!
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

I can provide the romantic hero.

Also does it just have to be ArmA?
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
Terox

Post by Terox »

lets not be caught playing with barbie dolls, it wont do our cred any good at all
SirBeagles

Post by SirBeagles »

Terox wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:17 pm lets not be caught playing with barbie dolls, it wont do our cred any good at all
Goes without saying. I do like that saying though.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

As someone who has never recorded gameplay or edited video footage before, I'm willing to give it a try.

Obviously we will be able to discuss more in the meeting but for now I would like to add a few suggestions:
  • Dedicated sub-forum for everything Youtube/PR related?
  • An FAQ like document which advises game capture and editing newbies on useful info such as recommended software tools and tips to get started?
Kyoptic

Post by Kyoptic »

I already have a handfull of (very old) zeus videos on my youtube channel. One of which managed to get a couple of thousand views. Any way I can link it to the main zeus channel?

Have wanted to make more (especially about commanding squads and being CO in general) but haven't had the time.
Making the world a better place, by shooting people in the face.
Folau

Post by Folau »

I used to do bits and pieces for my WoT group, mostly videos of things going wrong because I always found those amusing. You don't have to have people being weird to get amusing footage. Capturing footage was never the problem, what I struggled with was actually carrying a video through editing without finding something else that was shiny to distract me.
lucius

Post by lucius »

Im all for this and in as you know...just a point on amusing footage, for me this is the height of Arma III funnies since it combines actual absurdity with a real tension, its not forced or manufactured just one of those statistical occurrences that makes for a hilarious ride!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_azuwiv ... SirBeagles
OneNanArmy

Post by OneNanArmy »

I'll help just need to know a time of a meeting.
SirBeagles

Post by SirBeagles »

Thanks for the responses people, both on here and in teamspeak. I'd like to schedule a meeting for 5pm(BST/GMT, an hour before no.2 gamenight) on Saturday 9th this month. I ask that everybody who is interested in helping in any slight way, or indeed even those who just wish to know what will be happening, attend this meeting. There are a lot of ways people could help me out with this project so if you're up for it, even if you don't know what you could do, come along.

Feel free to message me or give me a poke on TS if you have any questions about this.
cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

I wasn't able to attend that meeting, but I will be back in October and then i can start to help you out.
SirBeagles

Post by SirBeagles »

cookiemonster wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 pm I wasn't able to attend that meeting, but I will be back in October and then i can start to help you out.
If you can't make it on Saturday that is fine, I'll brief you once you're back.
lawman

Post by lawman »

May be able to offer some degree of assistance if this is still a thing
SirBeagles

Post by SirBeagles »

lawman wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:39 pm
May be able to offer some degree of assistance if this is still a thing

It is indeed, just hit me up on TS and we'll have a chat.