Numbers.

Olympus

Re: Numbers.

Post by Olympus »

Some ideas for Refresh the Community and bring new people here.

1.New Website with more attractive pages and the possibility to declare the participation in our Special Events.

2.Special Events Coop or PvP with Promoting Videos and Advertasing in many Arma Websites.

3.Events with other Communities because that will increase the challenge and interesting for the Team.

5.Less Game Nights but more quality.My propose is to have Two Nights for Server 2 but only one for server 1. For my opinion the Community have fantastic Mission Makers that create real diamonds.But need to promote these Missions more for every Game Night .
ashley

Post by ashley »

Olympus wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 pm
1.New Website with more attractive pages and the possibility to declare the participation in our Special Events.
A new website would be nice but finding the time to create one is the issue, it would take weeks to build a new one. Plus more time for changes and testing.
2.Special Events Coop or PvP with Promoting Videos and Advertasing in many Arma Websites.
This is something that would definitely boost numbers yet once again its finding the time to do this, special events take a lot of time with deciding what type of event to hold, searching for addons and then testing them. Add videos and posting on multiple arma sites and this becomes a mammoth task that would require multiple people working daily.
3.Events with other Communities because that will increase the challenge and interesting for the Team.
We did have events with other communities for a while and it went really well, drew in a lot more people to the servers and was a lot of fun. However, the person who managed all this couldn't find the time and had to step down.

5.Less Game Nights but more quality.My propose is to have Two Nights for Server 2 but only one for server 1. For my opinion the Community have fantastic Mission Makers that create real diamonds.But need to promote these Missions more for every Game Night .
Less game nights is not the answer, people don't really fill the servers on non game nights (especially server 2) so dropping gamenights to only 3 a month (I assume you meant 2 server 2 game nights and 1 server 1 game night every month) would severely hurt the regular numbers that we get. Missions are always promoted well on game nights, new missions are played first with older ones left for the end of the night. We always have more than enough missions to play and mission makers have plenty of time to make missions. I don't feel there is any need to mess with teh structure of game nights.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Afaik we don't need more suggestions brought up, we need more people actively pursuing those already on the table.
Time and willingness to commit are the main blockers, simple as that.
So if you have those and are willing to assist with any of these tasks already laid out multiple times and carry them out to a certain standard, get in touch!

I do feel we should take a look at priorities though and get seemingly simple tasks (like posting on Arma community platforms) and comparable stuff rolling.
Ender

Post by Ender »

StRiKeR wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:25 pm Afaik we don't need more suggestions brought up, we need more people actively pursuing those already on the table.
Precisely. At this point all ideas above have most likely already been brought up and is just reapeated, we need the initiative.
It is the challenge that makes one better, to push one's limit and actively look for things to do better- Ender
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

StRiKeR wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:25 pm Afaik we don't need more suggestions brought up, we need more people actively pursuing those already on the table.
Time and willingness to commit are the main blockers, simple as that.
So if you have those and are willing to assist with any of these tasks already laid out multiple times and carry them out to a certain standard, get in touch!

I do feel we should take a look at priorities though and get seemingly simple tasks (like posting on Arma community platforms) and comparable stuff rolling.
If it has to do with coding and stuff, i have recently abandoned some prior commitments which give me time to help in anything related to IT. So if you want me to fix the forums for example, i can do that. And really anything else related to that kind of stuff. Just talk to me on TS and tell me what you need. Even a new website would be a possibility, as long as there are good ideas. Im not the creative type, i just implement shit.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Smolof wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:24 pm If it has to do with coding and stuff, i have recently abandoned some prior commitments which give me time to help in anything related to IT.
If you know CSS give me a poke at on TS, need a hand redoing the template
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

I Can give a full working with many functions website in the community.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Some good ideas, all of which have been discussed and mostly started.

As mentioned, we've suffered setbacks over recent months with real life issues obviously taking precedence over people being able to fully contribute and complete work in these areas. It is something I know we, the admin team, need to improve upon in terms of planning more fallbacks, creating easier to achieve smaller goals and generally finding more capacity to complete tasks. This is of course is balanced with the fact that we rely on people freely contributing their time to these often thankless tasks.

I think the website is ok for the moment but could perhaps use a refresh soon. The main issue, as mentioned, is promotion of special events and taking advantage of free weekends etc. This is something we're currently working on. There is a temporary measure in place with the calendar being on the website and regular events posted but I admit it's not entirely sufficient for our goals.

The problem with new releases of maps, content etc and pulling in new people to the community is one of lead times. Devs need time to craft new content into missions suitable for the community. The release of Apex, Malden or the new patrol ops are but some examples I can think of where we missed the launch dates quite noticeably and failed to capitalise on renewed interest in the game. We do have fantastic Devs and Technicians who put in a great deal of time to this community and I feel we could better help them produce content we all want to see by providing more constructive ideas and healthy conversations about new and upcoming opportunities. There is a mechanism in place (in the forum) for suggesting events or content and garnering admin sponsors for these ideas etc. What we have tended to see with this is that there are often good initial suggestions made without sufficient follow up details or thought as to how it would 'fit' into or benefit the communities approach to milsim arma and often the initial enthusiasm from the suggesting member fizzles out. That being said, we have run quite a few successful special events!

Now, the biggest opportunity we are attempting to take advantage of is one of publicity. We've had various admins in positions to champion the community and what / how we play across a variety of forums and platforms but these also have suffered from real life issues leaving the visibility of the community fairly low. We are currently attempting to revitalise these roles with new admins taking up the batons. Also, we hope to be announcing the creation of our YouTube channel with plenty of videos in a variety of categories from raw Game night footage, commented and multiview footage of gamenights, tutorials, help on installing content and mods, mission making helpers and others. I'm sure you can appreciate there's a lot of work involved in this and work is slowly progressing. See Beagles forum post on contributing video.

For me the biggest draw we have to the community is from you the players. Any new people joining the server see the organisation, the implementation of SOPs from SLs, Commanders etc and discipline from players and instantly recognise that ZEUS provides a good quality open milsim environment to enjoy. We have a great admin team who give their time freely to help maintain standards across the servers, provide training to raise standards, monitor forums and teamspeak etc as well as provide an encouraging space to discuss ideas and opinions freely. As long as we can continue to provide these things and maintain a 'critical ratio' of members against newcomers then I believe this is still the best advertisement we could have... We just need to keep a healthy influx of new faces.

Stealthy