Next ARMA 3 DLC reveal trailer - thoughts gentlemen?

TurokGMT

Next ARMA 3 DLC reveal trailer - thoughts gentlemen?

Post by TurokGMT »

From the official ARMA 3 youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwU0Hnch_28

New faction appears to be the Red Cross equivalent of EOD. Civvy/contractor IED diffusal scenarios anyone?
lucius

Re: Next ARMA 3 DLC reveal trailer - thoughts gentlemen?

Post by lucius »

Not super-hyped but then it could turn out to be a slow-burner :) (I do own this already tho)

I think it has the potential to add some depth, and some of the features (eg cluster with un-exploded ordinance) could be real game changers. At the end of the day I think I can see how the concept was birthed but as always its implementation which will tell the value.
TurokGMT

Post by TurokGMT »

For those, like myself, who aren't prepared to wait for nice things - BI have a release candidate build for the new dlc available on the dev branch of ARMA 3 (check under the betas tab of properties in the steam menu for ARMA 3).

*BE AWARE THAT OPTING INTO DEV BRANCH WILL MAKE YOUR CLIENT INCOMPATIBLE WITH ZEUS SERVERS UNTIL YOU OPT BACK OUT*

I shan't post any spoilers here, but I will say that the single player mini campaign content was actually very enjoyable and a much more slow, thoughtful pace than the usual run and gun scenarios.

The ARMA 3 community appear quite divided regarding the number of new toys we've been gifted with, however I would say that the new way in which mines are handled is a welcome change (particularly in the manner in which it accounts for lack of red triangle markers at harder difficulties, such as that at which we play).

The new van model should make for some interesting mission related roleplay options and comes with a couple of skins including an ambulance.

The updated cluster munitions for both artillery and now aircraft should also allow for some lovely Geneva convention breaking shenanigans as will the wickedly evil APERS deployment system mine available for foot troops - our TvT nights involving mines should now be even scarier and even humble patrol ops missions can be zeus'd up to include some minefield clearance situations.

The new civilian drones offer some interesting ideas as well, including the ability to transport/airdrop cargo into dangerous situations - how often have we arrived at an objective to find that everyone forgot to pack explosive charges?

So, my two cents, I think it's totally worth it - anyone else have any additional thoughts?
[Ben]

Post by [Ben] »

I like the settings, and general theme. Yes its not a bunch of new shiny guns and shit. But at the end of the day BIS can explore whatever ideas they want to. I would have liked more mechanics but am happy with what we are getting, there has already been feedback from the wider ArmA community on some of them, and there is talk about mechanics being expanded on further after the release which is always a good sign.
You couldn't script your way out of a cardboard box.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

I thought the Orange DLC was going to about Trump.
Kinda let down right now...
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
Tom

Post by Tom »

/* Sceptic
Yeeey a new van for when i'm on a l1fe s3rv3r !!
*/

It's going to be fine i think. They are exploring war in 2035, so human rights watch organisations and shit belong in that scope i guess.
Then again, making you all traverse a field of undetonated cluster munitions makes me giddy in the pink D.
Sabes

Post by Sabes »

I love the look of it, cant wait