Website design

Kenny

Re: Website design

Post by Kenny »

Snowman wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:07 pm OK.... moving on... or I will bump the thread.

The layout of the forum is fairly rigid given the theme we are using. It was fairly quick and easy to edit the styles (CSS etc) but when you want to start modifying layouts of a template system you really need to start digging into PHP and customising an already custom template which itself uses parts of another custom template. Think can of worms. Would definitely take too long to explain to someone wishing to help customise but I appreciate the offer all the same.

Another point.. the announcement bit / important news bit / the big pink section at the top is there for a reason. i.e. important news. I would not want this pushed off to the side. If people are just scrolling past the IMPORTANT news section to get to other content.. well.. that's on them. All we can do is place emphasis on what we consider important info via size, positioning and colour. Also, please consider how that section being pushed off to the side would work in a responsive design. i.e. where it would sit on a mobile / tablet device view.

I think the solution we have now is a fairly good one, not saying it's perfect but it fits our needs.

With regards to the calendars, yes, we are looking into a few options for an integrated one (forum extension) but also at other possibilities such as the doodle one we've recently been trialing. No 'final' choice has been made as it is up for review at the next admin meeting. I think that we also have a few different options now thanks to some posts in the thread.

StealthySnowman.
Would you release the source for it, so people would be able to contribute should they decide to spend a few days figuring it out because they have nothing better to do(i am so lonely i need something to do, please)?.
Just in case, you know...
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

So, when will this CSS Issue be resolved? it been more than 5 months and nothing changed.... any update?
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
FM_B_Monty

Post by FM_B_Monty »

LtBlack-Fire wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:04 pm So, when will this CSS Issue be resolved? it been more than 5 months and nothing changed.... any update?

Better luck next time ;)
Don't trust me driving, shooting or flying. Nor with colours.