NO
45%
I DON'T CARE
9%

Total votes: 55

HeavenHammer

Re: Unnsung on server 4

Post by HeavenHammer »

The Pegleg LUL wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:43 am I'm assuming the standard no.1 game night rules (IE; server two being shut off) will apply to this as well? Because 20 people away from the no.2 will kill game nights if they're on this instead. And if the number two needs to be off during no.1 game night then so should this. So that's four nights during that week that this shouldn't be switched on.

If it's not switched off during no.1, what makes this so different than no.2? That would be complete bullshit just to appease a couple of players and an admin or two.

If it's not switched off during the no.2, congratulations we've got two game nights with low-ass numbers, preventing us from playing properly.

I'm just asking, because it seems to me that one or two individuals have had a bit of a pout and thrown their toys out of the pram to get something I can't see being beneficial to the community, let alone the no.2 game nights. I'd appreciate clarification.

"(If you want to make a post on how its a bad idea PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER THREAD THIS IS JUST AN IDEA ON NUMBERS.)"
Bill

Post by Bill »

If someone want's to make a constructive point about what is being proposed here they have every right to do so, no point in making a another thread in my opinion, keep the conversation in one place. This is a forum, not a echo chamber.

If you want a 'Only post if you agree with me' section perhaps you should speak to the forum admin to arrange that.
Milton

Post by Milton »

It would be great if people would stop assuming stuff and ask. Yes it will be shutdown during gamenights no this wasn't becuase Stacey and I wanted it we asked and the majority of the regular players on server 2 and they wanted it. We wouldn't just shit on Bens testing and go ahead with it no, obviously we would ask for a period of time when he isn't testing mods. Those 23 votes have not been ignored however we only needed 20 to get the server as that could fill 2 squads and support.

The only reason I put up
"If you want to make a post on how its a bad idea please make another thread we just want an idea on numbers." Is because i've seen how people go off topic alot.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Milton wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:21 pm
we asked and the majority of the regular players on server 2 and they wanted it.
Its seems the majority have voted no (Vote is 22 For, 23 Against at time of writing), is it fair to deny the majority less numbers on server 2 just because the minority want something new and shiny that, as discussed before, should be a special event, not a monthly event?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Milton wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:21 pm It would be great if people would stop assuming stuff and ask. Yes it will be shutdown during gamenights no this wasn't becuase Stacey and I wanted it we asked and the majority of the regular players on server 2 and they wanted it. We wouldn't just shit on Bens testing and go ahead with it no, obviously we would ask for a period of time when he isn't testing mods. Those 23 votes have not been ignored however we only needed 20 to get the server as that could fill 2 squads and support.

The only reason I put up
"If you want to make a post on how its a bad idea please make another thread we just want an idea on numbers." Is because i've seen how people go off topic alot.
We assume because lack of info is given. Don't blame people for assuming what you fail to inform on.

Same for the "don't say anything if you have nothing good to say" bulllllshiiet. Grow a pair or go sulk in another forum, please...

On topic: I voted no, because I feel that this is a work around. A work around for not adding shit to the no2 addons. A work around for not getting your way. A work around for the 3para people to get their shitty tags into our community.

I voted no because the deal was to make server 2 great. Not split it up in to two sides.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Tom wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:47 pm
I voted no because the deal was to make server 2 great. Not split it up in to two sides.
And this is why I voted no, its hard enough keeping critical mass on server 2 as it is, splitting it further would be extremely detrimental. I'm all for having special events, but they have to be special not extremely frequent like people want UNSUNG to become.
Milton

Post by Milton »

Tom wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:47 pm

We assume because lack of info is given. Don't blame people for assuming what you fail to inform on.

Same for the "don't say anything if you have nothing good to say" bulllllshiiet. Grow a pair or go sulk in another forum, please...

On topic: I voted no, because I feel that this is a work around. A work around for not adding shit to the no2 addons. A work around for not getting your way. A work around for the 3para people to get their shitty tags into our community.

Like I said please ASK before assuming things.

As explained before I didn't say "don't say anything if you have nothing good to say" I said If you want to make a post on how its a bad idea please make another thread we just want an idea on numbers. Is because i've seen how people go off topic alot.

This isn't a work around is this us saying hey this mod is pretty good and we would love to have it up for 4 days longer to enjoy it.

And 3 Para what are you on about? It's 2 para and the only reason it was made is because Stacey wanted it because his Zeus tag didn't work and he wanted his regiment on his side anyway. This is irrelevant we should be allowed to wear what ever non offensive tag we want.
Terox

Post by Terox »

The title of the poll in this thread and the options are ill thought out, blinkered in the approach and do not return anything that is useful. You might have well asked who likes chocolate

Who would like to play unsung?
  • YES
    NO
    I DON'T CARE
if the question is about "Would you like another special event based on the unsung mod", then that would be a more sensible poll
If you would like another special event based on any mod, then this requires more than just a poll, it requires somebody getting off their butt and organising it, making sure enough missions are available and the manpower is sufficient to run it, it's well publicised and the admins have enough time to set the server up for it.

In other words is requires effort.

Mistakes were made while running the last special event, firstly it was run for too long, split the available player base up too much reducing the criticial player numbers required on a server to help populate it.

How to best run the next one has also been discussed and will most likely result in a limited time frame for any special event and not to be run alongside the No.2.
Stacey

Post by Stacey »

Assumption has always been the mother of all f**k ups...

Nobody said this was going to run for a long period of time.
Nobody said it was going to be open while game nights on 1+2 are running.
Nobody said lets stop the testing of acre or any other mods.
This post was simply put up to get an idea of how many would like to use the Unsung mod again. After i was asked by some of the regular players on server 2 if it would be possible for them to use it again.
Now there are 20+ players who would like to use this mod again. As it was said it would take this amount of interest to hold an event on sever 4.
The event will not be until the end of the month.
I hope this clears up any misunderstanding that some of you have.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Stacey wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:06 pm Assumption has always been the mother of all f**k ups...

Nobody said this was going to run for a long period of time.
Nobody said it was going to be open while game nights on 1+2 are running.
Nobody said lets stop the testing of acre or any other mods.
This post was simply put up to get an idea of how many would like to use the Unsung mod again. After i was asked by some of the regular players on server 2 if it would be possible for them to use it again.
Now there are 20+ players who would like to use this mod again. As it was said it would take this amount of interest to hold an event on sever 4.
The event will not be until the end of the month.
I hope this clears up any misunderstanding that some of you have.
Perfect, this is the information we needed in the OP. UNSUNG should be picked for days where we don't have a game night (Monday, Tuesday and Friday). This way we can turn server 2 off on those days and run server 4 to keep everybody together. This way we don't split people up.