Project Argo

supahgamer

Project Argo

Post by supahgamer »

Turns out BI studios is working on a new BI incubator game to learn about competitive shooters and how to apply them to ARMA and other titles it started about 2 weeks ago so im not expecting a smooth gameplay but all around it shows promise and i tought we can do something nice for BI for a change and bombard them with feedback its around the prototype is around 14gigs and includes a diffrent map while still keeping the mechanics and textures of arma3 with 3 modes included so far.

You can find the game at their site or the BI incubator page.

BI incubator:https://store.bistudio.com/products/project-argo

Project Argo site:https://www.projectargo.net/game
Which part is the trigger
supahgamer

Re: Project Argo

Post by supahgamer »

Turns out you are able to use Arma 3 mods too
Tom

Post by Tom »

Competitive Arma will keep the series alive maybe, but I hope it dies a quick and painful death so they focus more on the realism instead of this action packed scoring points bullshit
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

It´s bad. Arma - most of the things bad(why the fuck did I write good???) about it + wannabe call of duty gameplay. Why shift attention away from the actual game, which badly needs improvement on many fronts, and make a mod of it basicly? To learn how to make good shooters? Maybe. Make money from it in the future? Oh yes!
Last edited by Rodi on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip Inglisch
supahgamer

Post by supahgamer »

Well after few hours with it I feel that it's more casual approach to the game this is a variation that you can sit and have a few rounds if you don't have time for longer missions which arma is based (usually) around but yes there are many improvements that needs to be done on the original game like AI/Optimization/etc but it's also nice that they are trying new things

PS.(Should I post this on the sv2 page this is a topic more appealing to people on sv2)
supahgamer

Post by supahgamer »

Rodi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:26 pm It´s bad. Arma - most of the things good about it + wannabe call of duty gameplay. Why shift attention away from the actual game, which badly needs improvement on many fronts, and make a mod of it basicly? To learn how to make good shooters? Maybe. Make money from it in the future? Oh yes!
Well it's more like a bastard child of CSGO and R6 siege
Swede

Post by Swede »

If i remember correctly its a different new team working on Argo, any of their possible improvements to movement, CQB, objectives etc have a big chance of being ported over to arma 3 and the map they are basing their play areas on has been confirmed to be coming to Arma 3.

I can't see the negatives in this, the crowd that a community like Zeus community wants will not be lost to a game/gamemode like this, staff is not being pulled from A3 main team, confirmed free additional content for A3 with possibility of improved A3 features. Why complain?