Game closing with no warning or errors?

Face

Game closing with no warning or errors?

Post by Face »

So I've been having an issue playing the alive napf mission on server 2 tonight where my game will just turn off with no warning or error messages. Any of you guys have this issue before and know how I could fix this? It is not a memory leak because the game is running smooth all the way up through the crash. It's almost as like someone was in my task manager and ended the arma executable.
Aiming is Overrated
MURRAY122

Re: Game closing with no warning or errors?

Post by MURRAY122 »

Face wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:40 am So I've been having an issue playing the alive napf mission on server 2 tonight where my game will just turn off with no warning or error messages. Any of you guys have this issue before and know how I could fix this? It is not a memory leak because the game is running smooth all the way up through the crash. It's almost as like someone was in my task manager and ended the arma executable.

With no error message, it would be hard to tell.

Maybe check your games cache via steam.
Resync your Addons
Check key bindings for both LEFT ALT and F4
If failing that maybe your CPU/Graphics card is just burning out and forcing it to close (However this tends to give an error message)

Re: Game closing with no warning or errors?

Post by 2600K »

Find and check your Arma reports/log folder (<Profile>\AppData\Local\Arma 3). There should be a dump file for the date/time of the crash.

If there's no file then likely something outside of Arma likely force-terminated the program, there may be something in the OS event log.

In either cases it's best to restart your PC, which rules out a ton of potential causes.