Zeus TvT / A&D Night

Wombat

Re: Zeus TvT / A&D Night

Post by Wombat »

The problem is that it's not realistic to expect players to constantly abide by or enforce mission rules. Sometimes, players even break the mission rules by accident.

Take my beach assault mission on Aliabad Region for example; Operation Underlord. In that mission, I clearly marked AO boundaries on the beach to prevent players from moving past them which would break the mission. I even decided to implement virtual minefields which would automatically and instantaneously kill any players who attempt to move beyond the boundary.

However, despite my clear minefield markings on the map and clear instructions in the briefing to "avoid the minefields at all costs", the CO out of all people, ended up crossing the boundary resulting in his immediate demise.

You see, even when you put out all the stops, human nature will always prevail and so there will always be someone who will break the mission rules, knowingly or unknowingly.

This is why it is strongly recommended to implement safeguards to prevent players from breaking the mission rules (such as a virtual minefield enforcing an AO boundary).

Edit: Seems like Striker already got my point across in his post before I pressed submit on mine.
Spud

Post by Spud »

I'm currently making a 48 Player mission for this event and was wondering what peoples opinions are on ACE Medical Settings as i have heard mixed ideas. Advanced setting of course, just wondering about unconscious settings E.g. Always go unconscious on heavy damage, Death upon heavy damage. etc. Just curious as to what everyone thinks.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I would avoid "heavy damage always unconscious" for TvT. It would lead to frustration when an enemy player survives a well placed grenade or a well aimed headshot.

Good aim and well orchestrated attacks should result in instant kills, just like server 1 TvT. The same reasoning applies for damage threshold as well. Would be best to avoid setting damage threshold >1.

TvT should be brutal and unforgiving, that's what makes it so tense.

I would also advice you avoid mixing mods. Each mod item is only balanced towards other items of the same mod. What I mean by this is that you shouldn't give OPFOR RHS AK74s and RHS body armour and then give BLUFOR vanilla SPAR-15s and vanilla body armour. This will result in balance problems.

Stick to using pure RHS, pure HLC or pure vanilla etc.
Rory

Post by Rory »

Update : After some discussion there will be a server 1 A&D night. Changing the post to show that.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Reminder there is going to be an A&D night this Saturday on #2.

DATE: Saturday 4th March 2017
TIME: 18:00 (GMT)
WHERE: #2 Zeus Community Game Server