BETA TEST - Zeus Insurgency Tanoa -

MURRAY122

BETA TEST - Zeus Insurgency Tanoa -

Post by MURRAY122 »

-------------------------------------
co 55 Zeus Insurgency Tanoa
-------------------------------------

Hello all,

Over the past few weeks, i have been working on a project given to me for server one.
As you can tell from the title it is an insurgency seeding mission.
A small beta test was done with around 5 admins to find any major bugs/issues as well as cosmetic and feature changes that needed to be made. These changes have been made and a few admin runs of the latest version have now taken us to a point where the mission as at a stable build.

It goes without saying that in order to ensure that this type of mission has no issues, a full to play test is still needed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Beta Test Details --

Date - Saturday 28th January
Server - Special Events Server
Time - 14:30 GMT

APEX DEPENDENT

This server is limited to 20 slots and I ask if you do attend to ensure you can stay for at least 2 hours.
Please arrive on time as the server will be locked during the mission unless players disconnect due to Steam or bug issues etc.

A feedback form will be provided at the start of the mission allowing all testers to report any issues faced during the test.

To ensure a smooth play test (Comms, leadership etc..), I would like to open the beta test to all
Green members and Blue tag members

I do ask that if you are new to the Arma and/or do not fully understand the basics of the game, that you do not attend. I do not mean to cause offense when I say this, but do try to understand that the focus of the night is to test a mission and not to teach players the core mechanics of the game. Once the mission has been tried and tested it will, of course, be available on server one for all to enjoy

-- New Features for Mission --

1) Civilians - May or may not be working with the enemy force and act as suicide bombers, It's best to provide a warning shot into the air to scare off the civilian, ONLY shot a civilian if you can confirm that he is a threat.

2) Random IED's - May be found when on patrol, The EOD can deactivate these, IED's are best left alone. They have large blast zones and attract enemy forces.

3) Intel - Placed around the map (Mainly in Red Zones), Intel will be inside a briefcase. Once you have the Intel a map marker clue will be given to the area of the ammo cache

4) Side tasks - New tasks, Best to use this to your advantage. On the way to the objective, you can clear out red zones and get more Intel. The side tasks or not your main objective.

5) Respawn and Revive System - In the event of any bugs or major issues, the Respawn option has been left in. This should not be abused! If you are down and require a medic, wait for one to arrive. Also, note that dead men don't talk. Do not communicate with your fellow squad members during this time.

6) Team Kill punishment system - All players that teamkill will have a 3 step warning system built into the mission. First team kill will result in a simple warning. Second Teamkill will warrant a time-out, This forces the player into a fixed position and disables all of the player's controls. Third Teamkill will result in the player being removed from the server and remain blocked for the duration of the mission

7) UI - All user interfaces have been updated including VAS, New Displays such as Health, FPS and Individual view distance ranging for on Foot, Land and Air

8) AI - New AI skill levels as well as caching to provide a smoother performance (Hopefully meaning FPS for clients and server will improve) The mission also supports HC

9) Enemy Faction - Multi choice, You can pick to fight against CSAT, CSAT APEX or AFF

-- New Features for Roles --

1) Support Pilots - Can make FARP anywhere on the map so long as a HEMTT truck is near its location. FARP can fix any type of vehicle transport, FARP also comes with a static weapon to provide cover fire while repairs take place if required.

2) Medic - Can place a sandbag wall anywhere they wish to provide extra cover for themselves or others. Remember to pick it back up

3) EOD - Can use a new mine detector system to find and deactivate mines. EOD also can destroy ammo caches.

4) Eagle - Can refuel during flight with the aid of support in the V-44 vehicle transport, MUST stay within 50m during flight or connection will be lost with the plane

The mission, of course, has a lot of the same features you have today in things like patrol ops such as the repeal and lifting system. There are new small interactions you can do with new objects and ability's in this mission but I will leave that for you to discover when you're in game.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope you can attend. Please post below if you are attending. I need to get an idea of numbers. If lack of, the test will not go ahead. Of course if you have any questions then feel free to ive me a shout at any point on TS.

MURRAY122
Wombat

Re: BETA TEST - Zeus Insurgency Tanoa -

Post by Wombat »

Excellent work Murray! I would like to attend.

As a side note, I know this is still just in beta phase but is there a reason why you haven't included Syndikat as an enemy faction? Would seem strange to exclude them as an optional opposing force since they're a guerrilla/para-military force native to Tanoa which fits the bill for insurgents better than any other vanilla faction.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Wombat wrote: As a side note, I know this is still just in beta phase but is there a reason why you haven't included Syndikat as an enemy faction? Would seem strange to exclude them as an optional opposing force since they're a guerrilla/para-military force native to Tanoa which fits the bill for insurgents better than any other vanilla faction.
It was the default params/class set in the mission template that was given to me. I did think of changing the enemy faction as well as the ability to change the player's faction but I saw this as a long-term goal. At the moment, based on the community efforts in the CPR of server one. I thought that going for a more stable build on a shorter notice time frame would be best in helping with this effort. This I hope will relight the fire and interest in the server with the type of game style it provides, Leaning more towards a server two style play. Of course, it doesn't have all the add-ons that server two has but the game style is similar. Plus it's just something new, a change to the standard patrol ops which some find boring or just repetitive.

Like i said tho, I was looking to make it a long term goal to add more factions. So i aim to add it at some point.
Smolof

Post by Smolof »

Saturday at that hour it's probably hard to find players, since the chance of having major hangover is pretty high :).

But since I'm old and drinking is too much effort, I'll be there.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Smolof wrote:Saturday at that hour it's probably hard to find players, since the chance of having major hangover is pretty high :).

But since I'm old and drinking is too much effort, I'll be there.

Yeah, Saturday was the only date and time that did not conflict with game nights and my own working schedule.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Smolof wrote:Saturday at that hour it's probably hard to find players
It's only 20 players maximum so it's probably for the best to avoid overflow.
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

Sounds fun, would be nice to look at it, a change to patrol ops could bring more regulars back on server 1 (maybe).
By the way, it´s AAF not AFF.
Rip Inglisch
Face

Post by Face »

If your hurting for people to test it im down to help out but if it is filling up I'd be glad to let someone more experienced take my spot.
Aiming is Overrated
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

One day to go gents, Still need numbers. If you can make it post below.
Bill

Post by Bill »

I should be around then so I will try to be there.
Terox

Post by Terox »

i hope i can make it to this,
Martin

Post by Martin »

Not sure if this is the right thread but me and another player both had an issue with the tanoa insurgency mission on server 1 today. Even when far from base when engaging enemies we would get the popup not to fire at base. It seems to only happen when engaging enemies and not when just firing into the middle of nowhere, since I was able to do a spray 3 minutes before the engagement where the bug first occurred for me.