Ex-coop player (6thsense) looking in

Geo

Ex-coop player (6thsense) looking in

Post by Geo »

Hi there,

I have come across this community today after getting the itch again for a stable serious coop environment. Have played a bit on the first server here this evening, which reminded me a lot of how I remember things many years ago on an old coop community I was a part of. It is a safe bet that some of you might remember 6thsense.eu, which was active in OFP, Armed Assault and ArmA 2, before shutting down somewhere in 2010. I realised that this Zeus community is the same one as back then, because I remember there were Zeus members playing on 6thsense for a short period. Out of the back of my head, I remember: Hund, Jinef.

That has been a really long time ago. In all that time I have not been a part of such a coop community, which has been something I missed dearly. There were many guys who I enjoyed playing with then, whom I have lost contact with after everything ended -- and I was not a fan of how it all ended suddenly, but that's in the past. I doubt any of the old 6thsensers are still active here, but if there were: Hope you read this. I literally grew up with 6thsense. I was 12 years old when I joined in the summer of 2005 in Vietcong, and shortly after entered OFP -> Arma. You can imagine that is has left quite a mark on my nostalgia level, co-op gaming on a serious level was a part of me.

Basically, I am looking in into joining a co-op community to play on again frequently. I am a guy of the middle-high ground of co-op, what 6thsense was most of the time, although I have not forgotten that there has been a difference of opinion between several members and non-members there). Serious gameplay, coordinated teamwork, but not in the too-extreme ways, a bit of humor to balance things out is always welcome in my book.

P.S. I seen a youtube video of some guy on the Zeus server playing Patrol-Ops in august. There was a guy there who sounded a lot like a guy I used to know back on 6thsense. I guess it is really unlikely it is the same one, but if any of you might know someone here who was known as "Moon" sometime in the past -- from the US, then it is highly likely it is who I thought it was.
Bill

Re: Ex-coop player (6thsense) looking in

Post by Bill »

Welcome mate, glad you like the gameplay on the server, always good to see new people. Feel free to drop in on our game nights, Thursdays and Sundays at 18:30 UK time, we play some big co-op's (usually 50-60 players) and we also have special TvT nights where we can get up to 100 players on.

If you find yourself enjoying and playing regularly I also highly recommend our addon server.

P.S. There is still a wild Hund roaming around here.
eskyo

Post by eskyo »

Welcome mate,
some of us are kind of new in this co-op thingi, but equally nice to play with :D so take a seat and have fun!

and after a couple of hours of "serious playing", if you find yourself experienced enough and willing to share knowledge grab a leader role!
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

Hi!
You might wanna jump onto server 2 with ~20 GB of mods aswell. Gamenights Wednesday,Saturday 1800h uk
Rip Inglisch
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

You're very welcome to join us on the gameservers though I would strongly advice that you start with just the public server (server#1) gamenight for the time being seeing as you're new so that you can understand through experience how we play and run things before hoping onto our more "hardcore" server which is the addon server (server#2).
Terox

Post by Terox »

Welcome back to ArmA, hope to see you online, best nights to get the most out of it are Thursdays and Sundays, arrive early and download our clientside addon pack, all info can be found at info.zeus-community.,net
Geo

Post by Geo »

Thanks for the friendly advice above! Appreciate it. Even though I have been away from serious-hardcore teamwork gaming for almost 7 years, I think I'll quickly get the grasp of it again very quickly.

And I will most definitely end up on server 2 sometime in the future, I have a preference for the many realistic addons anyhow. That was the biggest reason why I probably never ended up at another community in ArmA 3, the whole semi-futuristic aspect of ArmA 3 was a slight letdown to me. Now that we have had some years in ArmA 3, it is safe to say you can actually just ignore the vanilla stuff.
Hund

Post by Hund »

Hey Geo, just missed you on TS the other day. I am indeed the same Hund, for better or worse. Funny to see a face from the past like that. As the others have already stated, feel free to jump on the server one of these game nights, and we can have a game and a chat!
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Hund has changed.
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Hund

Post by Hund »

Hund, hund never changes...
Geo

Post by Geo »

Hund wrote:Hey Geo, just missed you on TS the other day. I am indeed the same Hund, for better or worse. Funny to see a face from the past like that. As the others have already stated, feel free to jump on the server one of these game nights, and we can have a game and a chat!
Hey Hund, to be honest I don't remember much about what might have been going on back then. I know roughly that there was some friction between members a few times about the way to play games (some people didn't like some changes), but not much else. Doesn't matter to me at all, I wasn't a part of that discussion anyhow -- and that was almost a decade ago. 6thsense was already dying step by step a little bit before you joined in ArmA 2. Sickboy's heart was more in the modding and developing eventually, than it was in keeping the community alive. Nobody was there to take over the hatchet. It just didn't work any longer. I guess that is the reason why Zeus is still around, and 6thsense is already dead for so long.

Hope to see you around soon, it is nice to see one familiar face at least. I have seen so many players here already that are unknown to be, it feels a bit like wandering around in a new class on a new school.
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

Geo wrote:
Hund wrote:Hey Geo, just missed you on TS the other day. I am indeed the same Hund, for better or worse. Funny to see a face from the past like that. As the others have already stated, feel free to jump on the server one of these game nights, and we can have a game and a chat!
Hey Hund, to be honest I don't remember much about what might have been going on back then. I know roughly that there was some friction between members a few times about the way to play games (some people didn't like some changes), but not much else. Doesn't matter to me at all, I wasn't a part of that discussion anyhow -- and that was almost a decade ago. 6thsense was already dying step by step a little bit before you joined in ArmA 2. Sickboy's heart was more in the modding and developing eventually, than it was in keeping the community alive. Nobody was there to take over the hatchet. It just didn't work any longer. I guess that is the reason why Zeus is still around, and 6thsense is already dead for so long.

Hope to see you around soon, it is nice to see one familiar face at least. I have seen so many players here already that are unknown to be, it feels a bit like wandering around in a new class on a new school.
I have that feel you´ll fit right in!
Just embrace self-irony and you´ll be fine :P
Rip Inglisch