Atragnx wrong 7.62mm data

eskyo

Atragnx wrong 7.62mm data

Post by eskyo »

Hello,
I was wondering why I wasn't hitting a single shot while using the AtragMX range calculator/chart, until I realized that zeroing with the "paper" chart is far more accurate than the atrag (it has different values also...)
any fix for that?
Wombat

Re: Atragnx wrong 7.62mm data

Post by Wombat »

Different 7.62 rifles have different muzzle velocities which means they have different ballistic curves. When using the AtragMX, you need to ensure you either select the correct rifle in the AtragMX's database or manually input the muzzle velocity of the rifle your using.

I'm not ruling out that it could be broken but it is more likely you're configuring the AtragMX incorrectly.
eskyo

Post by eskyo »

Wombat wrote:Different 7.62 rifles have different muzzle velocities which means they have different ballistic curves. When using the AtragMX, you need to ensure you either select the correct rifle in the AtragMX's database or manually input the muzzle velocity of the rifle your using.

I'm not ruling out that it could be broken but it is more likely you're configuring the AtragMX incorrectly.
I also made a new profile using real-world data for 7.62x41mm M118LR rounds and mk11 mod0 rifle, and still wrong.

It may be that i'm doing something wrong, yes. Just wandered if someone has a fix for this :D
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

eskyo wrote:I also made a new profile using real-world data for 7.62x41mm M118LR rounds and mk11 mod0 rifle, and still wrong.

It may be that i'm doing something wrong, yes. Just wandered if someone has a fix for this :D
Sounds like you know what your doing. Might be worth checking the classname config data for that rifle (or magazine?) to see what the values are for it's muzzle velocity, twist rate, drag coefficient etc.

The values in-game may differ when compared to the real-life values.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Check the ace bug tracker? If no one has spotted it before they'll fix it.
sc_neo

Post by sc_neo »

hrm....at which distance do use the 7.62 rounds? Maybe beyond its effective range? I was having pretty much the same issue a while back until Ruthberg (hte guy behind advanced ballistics and the atragmx) reiterated that the 7.62 rounds used with say the mxm or MK 14 and such are pretty useless above 900/1000m. They are best employed up to 800m i would reckon. If memory serves me right, the ACE AB chart gives values up to 800/900m. The Atragmx naturally provides a value for whatever distance you put in. But, above 800/900m the 7.62m rounds enter the transonic zone and its very difficult to calculate where they eventually hit. Effective range is pretty much limited to that part of a bullets flight path where it travels at supersonic speed.
Kyoptic

Post by Kyoptic »

sc_neo wrote:hrm....at which distance do use the 7.62 rounds? Maybe beyond its effective range? I was having pretty much the same issue a while back until Ruthberg (hte guy behind advanced ballistics and the atragmx) reiterated that the 7.62 rounds used with say the mxm or MK 14 and such are pretty useless above 900/1000m. They are best employed up to 800m i would reckon. If memory serves me right, the ACE AB chart gives values up to 800/900m. The Atragmx naturally provides a value for whatever distance you put in. But, above 800/900m the 7.62m rounds enter the transonic zone and its very difficult to calculate where they eventually hit. Effective range is pretty much limited to that part of a bullets flight path where it travels at supersonic speed.
Correct on the range, 7.62 is only really effective out to 800m. It can be used out to a click, but it's less than optimal at those ranges. You could suppress an area target with an 7.62 MG at those ranges, but not reliably engage a point target.
Making the world a better place, by shooting people in the face.
eskyo

Post by eskyo »

thanks for the replies, I'll check when I have some time ;)
Gag

Post by Gag »

If you need any help with this, we can meet on the server some time. I´ll show you, how to set it up, to even hit up to 1500 meters (.300 WM 7,62), with a high hitrate, if you want. just pm me :)