Validating Training.

Smurf

Validating Training.

Post by Smurf »

Hi.

Just a small question, if i have a the skill that Training 1,2,3, Have to offer, but haven't done Them, Can i somehow validate or show in game.

Btw have played on server #1 for like ~20 hours,

Pm me for more info or poke me for how to talk to.

Thanks on Forehand.

Smurf.
Steam profil link http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997901793/
What, how The hell is 10 frags to much, i feel naken here.
Wombat

Re: Validating Training.

Post by Wombat »

The only way to earn the "Zeus" tag in-game and the blue member tag in TS is to take the time and effort to officially complete all three FMT training sessions while meeting the required standard of competence the instructors are looking for (which is not hard).

There are no shortcuts. You can sign up for the next FMT training here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30
lawman

Post by lawman »

You'd be surprised smurf.
I'd been on server 1 for quite a while, but there was still a lot I never picked up on.

10/10 would recommend doing FMT
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

Alot of the blue tags could do 9/10 things you would do in the FMT, however it still ensures that there is a certain standard in the community. And tbh the most important things for you to learn in it are the way zeus operates on squad and platoon level. Things like SOPs, do´s and don´ts are different in almost every community/clan/unit.
Rip Inglisch
Smurf

Post by Smurf »

ty for answering, you never know until you ask.

And The why i ask is that i have a Military Background.

i will not press this any further just so you all know.
What, how The hell is 10 frags to much, i feel naken here.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Blue tags member have a little bit more responsibilities than normal members or guests. You dont have to do the FMT to play on the community servers just saying.. You can play when ever you like, but just keep the basic SOP and follow the rules :). **First mission of Server 1 game night doesn't count**

-BlackFire
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
Terox

Post by Terox »

@Smurf
Some of the training is somewhat based on British Military, however it is tuned for arma and takes into consideration some clientside addons we use like ShAC TAC. It also covers issues like making sure your graphics card is rendering at the correct distance. You'd be suprised how many players take the initial lesson, which is based on a firing range and cannot see targets at 800m because their rendering distance is poorly set up.
So from your perspective, yes some of it will be mundane but some of it you will find useful

Example, your position in all round defence, is based on the order you are listed in the shack tac hud, so
No.1 which is the squad leader will obviously be centre point to the formation
No.2 is going to be watching due north
No.3 is going to be somewhere at 2 to 4 oclock (N.E to S.E) from squad leader depending on the number of squad members
and then in consecutive order, each additional squad member will select their compass direction to watch in a clockwise direction, and this should be done with no other comms than stating "All round defence"

Example, what is the maximum distance you can fire a HE grenade from a UGL in vanilla, if everyone knew why do they try to fire at targets outside of that range

The first FMT is a bit grindy, but it has to be to create a defacto standard and from there each additional FMT builds on the one before it.

There are no exceptions, no grandfather rights etc, everyone is treat the same which has caused some issues with some very long standing members who do not have and will not get a Blue "M" tag unless they do as all the ones before them have done

Not everything taught in training is commonly practised at the moment, however over time these elements will be encouraged as we get better at the more basic stuff.

Elements we have improved upon dramatically due to the training are
  1. Comms
  2. Fireteam management
  3. Formations (Wedge and File mainly)
  4. Useage of map markers
  5. Engagement ranges (Its now normal for players not to engage targets too far away, at one time there was no discipline here)
  6. Fire discipline
  7. RPG and UGL accuracy has improved dramatically
  8. Target indication
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Terox wrote:There are no exceptions, no grandfather rights etc, everyone is treat the same which has caused some issues with some very long standing members who do not have and will not get a Blue "M" tag unless they do as all the ones before them have done
That right here is what i call "Equality". :lol:
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

With over 2440 hours spent in Arma 3 I can happily and unashamedly say that the training is still relevant and useful, mainly for working together as a TEAM and giving trainees the skills, tools and confidence to take the Squad Lead roles.

Only by promoting the training and getting as many people through it as possible can we hope to raise the base standard and quality of gaming on the servers.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

3173 Hr here, there is some important things you can only learn from the training even if you are a real live veteran..

-BlackFire
Rodi

Post by Rodi »

LtBlack-Fire wrote:3173 Hr here, there is some important things you can only learn from the training even if you are a real live veteran..

-BlackFire
Yeah, mainly because ARMA is a game/ bad simulator after all ;)
Rip Inglisch
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Hush.. Don't say that, you will affect Arma 3 Population and BI Money income. Arma 3 Is good, Arma 3 is fine.