A Bussines Plan for Zeus Community

Olympus

A Bussines Plan for Zeus Community

Post by Olympus »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for all Zeus Community Members,

Iam involved many years with eSports and Gaming Industry, right now iam the founder of Greek Operation Forces Multigaming Team http://www.grof.gr with 300+ active members(only Greek Players ) and founder of Epsilon esports a full proffesional Team http://www.epsilon-esports.com that is in 42st position of earnings list http://www.esportsearnings.com/teams

Iam in Zeus community about one year and i like it very much.I have some sugestions
In order to becomes Zeus Community bigger and better should become certain actions that will give us prestige and will bring a lot of Members.

1.Better and more sofisticated website with posibility to upload and download archives.With statistic pages about our servers .Interactive and full information Calendar will all past and future missions description.We can have Vote system about many things as the objectives of next Event etc.
2.For have success the 1st Public Server need 16 hours per day Admins to control then will have a very good server as 77thJSOC and will bring to community many many members.
3.Big Free for all online events that everyone can participate with only obligation to be member in our website and Forum.These events will draw very carefully and it might they are sometimes CO-OP sometimes TvT.Players will declare in the proportional page in our Website certain days before if wishing he is with Red or Blue Side.This will create a climate of directness and competition with consequence many participate in differences discussions in our forum.
4.Competitions as Best Sniper ,best A/T etc with small prices maybe.Competitions always make new players and increase the interesting about game and community.
5.We can make our Mods or utilities with custom made uniforms vehicles etc.For our members we can give the oportunity to participate in many diferent kinds of missions other always have something new to do.We can act as ,paratroops ,specials forces,marines etc.
6.Add More MilSim Games will bring more members and new paths for us.

There are many other ideas but will be for next day.
For all these need a good budget that we can found from some sponsors.I can help you to found these sponsors.

P.S
Sorry for my English (I know is too bad)
Last edited by Olympus on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lucius

Re: A Bussines Plan for Zeus Community

Post by lucius »

Thank you for your thoughtful post Olympus.

There are certainly things to consider here. If you wanted to discuss anything with myself I am around atm.

Owing to the seasonal time of year there are relatively few admins around right now. I will draw the attention of the others to this and im sure there will be interest in discussing it.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Some initial toughts on your plan here:
1.Better and more sofisticated website with posibility to upload and download archives.With statistic pages about our servers .Interactive and full information Calendar will all past and future missions description.We can have Vote system about many things as the objectives of next Event etc.
Bandwith issues will make this hard to do.
If people want to download our addons, they can hop on teamspeak and use A3 sync (when its up)
2.For have success the 1st Public Server need 16 hours per day Admins to control then will have a very good server as 77thJSOC and will bring to community many many members.
You are welcome to spend more than 8hours a day on no1 during patrol ops... After 2 days it grows old and people burn out.
It takes a special breed to be a constant admin on the no1. You need to be able to deal with so much shit it's rediculous.
Also, admins tend to realise this (i was one of them) and stop looking at the no1 and it's constant torrent of shitheads.

Our no1 under the guidance of stealthy and others was the pearl in the pigsty that is public gaming in arma. Recent server issues have hit our numbers badly.

16hour admins, would mean we need people from all time zones and be a truly global community. At the moment that is not the case, we are a european community and that is good. Too much, will hurt us aswel.
3.Big Free for all online events that everyone can participate with only obligation to be member in our website and Forum.These events will draw very carefully and it might they are sometimes CO-OP sometimes TvT.Players will declare in the proportional page in our Website certain days before if wishing he is with Red or Blue Side.This will create a climate of directness and competition with consequence many participate in differences discussions in our forum.
Defenition of a gamenight...
4.Competitions as Best Sniper ,best A/T etc with small prices maybe.Competitions always make new players and increase the interesting about game and community.
Good idea, prizes should be bragging rights... Or something to show of with, like a forum banner.

5.We can make our Mods or utilities with custom made uniforms vehicles etc.For our members we can give the oportunity to participate in many diferent kinds of missions other always have something new to do.We can act as ,paratroops ,specials forces,marines etc.
Definition of the no2 server...
6.Add More MilSim Games will bring more members and new paths for us.
We are a gaming community with a heavy focus on arma. But there are other sim and nog sim games being played on a daily basis. Unless I misunderstand what you mean with milsim?

In my eyes, all this community needs is a good youtuber... That brings so much more traffic in than anything else.
Backup

Post by Backup »

Don't worry Tom, i'm smashing out content to all my 30 subscribers. They know what's up.
I feel like I get older every day - Smolof
Martin

Post by Martin »

We could try to increase the amount of voted in admins on the server#1. Most of the time when trained members or regulars capable of doing admin join the server they don't think about whether there is an active admin on the server, and only end up stepping up to admin later on when major issues have already occured, often resulting in reorg. I suggest the following:

1. Make it standard procedure that an admin(voted or not) add a marker on the map when they login as admin, and remove it when they disconnect so joining admin capable players know whether there is an admin on. example marker: "admin Martin online report all rule violations by typing in side chat"

2. Encourage Trained members and regulars who find themselves capable of doing admin to do so.

3. Release a basic written guide on how to admin to make it seem more approachable to people who hesitant about taking the role.

4. In order to put 1,2 and 3 in practice it would be best to release an official statement on the forum, linking it in the news that are regularly released on teamspeak, in which the practice is acknowledged and encouraged officially, and anyone who reads the statement are also encouraged to encourage the practice. Included in the statement would be the admin guide mentioned in 3 or a link to it.

---
no1 during patrol ops... After 2 days it grows old and people burn out
I think it would not get old as quickly if we actually played the new patrol ops versions more. We got the new altis version, the tanoa version, and now a csat version. We could also set the mission to night some more to make the gameplay more varied. I also just want to mention that in my opinion a very big part of the reason patrol ops can get dull is because the infantry ai is set way too easy to fight(which should not be the case in newer versions with VCOM ai).
Tom

Post by Tom »

Backup wrote:Don't worry Tom, i'm smashing out content to all my 30 subscribers. They know what's up.
30 more than are one the servers right now...
I think it would not get old as quickly if we actually played the new patrol ops versions more. We got the new altis version, the tanoa version, and now a csat version. We could also set the mission to night some more to make the gameplay more varied. I also just want to mention that in my opinion a very big part of the reason patrol ops can get dull is because the infantry ai is set way too easy to fight(which should not be the case in newer versions with VCOM ai).
That's not going to change that you need to listen to constant complaints, constantly need to kick off people and constantly get taken out of your immersion to deal with stuff like that. It gets old real soon.
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

when I said 16 hours I mean only for Europe from 14.00 GMT until 02.00 GMT (almost 10 hours ) for this you need about 3 admins
maybe 4 if you want one of them have day off.You can do that my friend if you have sposnors and you can give some salaries(with sponsors help) to these guys for supervising the server.
Our Gamenights can improve a lot and be more attractive if we can present these in Very Good Website with promotional videos ,scenarios etc.
Kickboxing_Bnana

Post by Kickboxing_Bnana »

A good way to maybe extend our reach is to make a clan on this website http://armaclans.com/ people can go there and find new communities if they are looking for one.

I could do it but i first wanted to bring up the idea/ make admins aware. May be better if an admin does it for control ability and correctness of the information
"I am BnanaMan. Ever alert for the call to action!"
Terox

Post by Terox »

already on there, its not a very good site and poor search function, basically
what type of game: milsim
Timezone: Euro
Game Arma3

and you will find us ion the list somewhere
ashley

Post by ashley »

Olympus wrote:when I said 16 hours I mean only for Europe from 14.00 GMT until 02.00 GMT (almost 10 hours ) for this you need about 3 admins
maybe 4 if you want one of them have day off.You can do that my friend if you have sposnors and you can give some salaries(with sponsors help) to these guys for supervising the server.
Our Gamenights can improve a lot and be more attractive if we can present these in Very Good Website with promotional videos ,scenarios etc.
14:00 to 02:00?? People have jobs, you realise admins are not paid yes? 10 hours is a lot for the admins to cover both servers AND still have time to play the games they want to play.

I mean, you can pay me like £9 an hour and then I'll sit on #1 for 10 hours a day xD
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

hey , its me ur new worker.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
Karle

Post by Karle »

ashley wrote:14:00 to 02:00?? People have jobs, you realise admins are not paid yes? 10 hours is a lot for the admins to cover both servers AND still have time to play the games they want to play.

I mean, you can pay me like £9 an hour and then I'll sit on #1 for 10 hours a day xD
Ill do it for min wage (7.20/hr) with just one day a week off, open to negotiation ;)
FM_B_Monty

Post by FM_B_Monty »

Karle wrote:
ashley wrote:14:00 to 02:00?? People have jobs, you realise admins are not paid yes? 10 hours is a lot for the admins to cover both servers AND still have time to play the games they want to play.

Ill do it for min wage (7.20/hr) with just one day a week off, open to negotiation ;)

If it runs as an apprenticeship then you only need to pay me £3.40/hr
Don't trust me driving, shooting or flying. Nor with colours.