RPG-7 optic correction

Up to date information on the most asked about topics
Wombat

RPG-7 optic correction

Post by Wombat »

I've noticed that the template for the FAQ tab on the map screen now includes quick guides on weapons and ammunition which is really useful. However, the image shown in the guide on how to use the RPG-7 optic is actually incorrect which could misguide players and prevent first time hits.

I've made a corrected version of the image which is shown below, would it be possible to replace the old image with this new one when you next get a chance to update the template?

Edit: I've discovered that there is a new glitch where all launcher optics no longer accurately match the rocket's trajectory if you fire the launcher while leaning (Q/E).
Last edited by Wombat on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: RPG-7 optic correction

Post by 2600K »

Thanks, will get it updated for the next S2 Framework release which should be ready shortly.

If there's anything else you think could be added please let me know.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

I very recommend you to read this better : http://zeus-community.net/jom/phpBB3/vi ... =41&t=1493

this is a field experiment of the RPG and SMAW , it was useful and it will always be .

This was before the "Updated" which corrected the RPG Site.
Last edited by LtBlack-Fire on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 2600K »

The image wombat posted is correct, tested and the ranges were good. Black-Fire, I've also included your SRAAW guide into the FAQ - You should really repost it here, too its very useful.
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

2600K wrote:The image wombat posted is correct, tested and the ranges were good. Black-Fire, I've also included your SRAAW guide into the FAQ - You should really repost it here, too its very useful.
Well dont ask me , ask the forum admins to transfer it to the new forums , i cant eddite my post because its locked so the pictures are as well locked .
Always Have A Zeus Mission...
OldManVegas

Post by OldManVegas »

(Open this image in a new tab and bookmark it!)

Spent the last couple of hours checking and double checking this.

All numbers given are ARMA ACCURATE. The warheads are different in real life but within ArmA all of RHS's RPGs work as shown in the image.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Testing RPG-7 optic at the moment, will confirm on accuracy shortly.

Ok, so far tested OG-V7 by following the optic guide that I originally posted, aiming at quad bike center mass and using projectile tracing to help confirm.

Example OG-V7 at 400m:

Here are the results for OG-V7:

200m mark = dead on target
300m mark = short by 5m
400m mark = dead on target
500m mark = long by 130m

Results for PG-V7L:

100m mark = dead on target
150m mark = dead on target
200m mark = long by 30m (would have been on target against Car or IFV)
300m mark = dead on target

Results for PG-V7R and TBG-V7:

100m mark = dead on target
150m mark = dead on target
200m mark = dead on target
LtBlack-Fire

Post by LtBlack-Fire »

Quick note: I have tested the same optic on the rpg on the same Map and same arena , and it proved that the old RHS Rpg optic we're of the target , as i found following the old pictures i posted almost a year ago that the rockets either are flying off or landing low . after i conducted couple of research i found that RHS updated and corrected the RPG Site(due to a forum rage) after i posted "RPG Post". so iam very sorry about the mistake and the one above are correct.

But the SMAW i think it called , are true and proved in the arena.

-Black-Fire