Welcome to the Zeus Community Forums!
Read through the content contained in the links before posting a Help Thread:
Central Information Repository
Help and Support
We are aware of a minor CSS issue in the forums. This was due to site AV having an issue with some files. We are working to fix the identified errors and hope to return the forum to normal operation soon. If you spot any issues in the forum please PM Snowman.

Store now available! | YouTube channel now up! | Discord server now up!

Admin meeting mintues

Up to date information on the most asked about topics
User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Admin meeting 29 Oct 2017

Attending:
StealthySnowman
Striker
Beagles
Ben
Terox
Mathers

Catchup items:

Community meeting
***** : Notes and intro in progress. Most content in. Some still to chase. 11th to be meeting date. Will post announcement soon.
***** : Idea for banner comp. Open up as competition for people to design the banners for youtube channel.
***** : Would rather keep this in our control for branding and not have to organise a competition (bearing in mind how long the tshirt competition took) for content which we need quickly.
***** : Intro video for YT channel in works. Also need graphics now we have dimensions etc. ***** to do.

Mission Spreadsheet.
***** : No progress as yet.
***** : ***** offered to help audit the spreadsheet which has become out of date since expectation of rollout of new system.
Carried. He can make comments in the sheet with the corrections and an admin can update.

Agenda:

Special events and process.
***** : Feel the documentation should have been updated with regards to addon installation problem and consolidating the add-ons etc. Also, wouldn’t this have shown up in testing? Are backing admins getting involved enough with the events they sponsor?
This issue was mostly with people who had not prior tested their add-on installations prior to the start of game-night. Some people used the launcher as posted on the forum with no issues, some had to manually merge the workshop content into addons folder for use with shortcut.
Some improvement can be made in the process with regards to proper scheduling and communication.

AOB:
***** : Access to admin room pls. ***** looking at permissions for the PR group.

***** : Need new admins. Suggest ***** , ***** . Agreed. ***** to approach. General call for admins to get more involved in game-nights. Few admins carrying most of the load at the moment.

***** : PR roles need fills.

***** : Investigate alternative options for content uploaders. Google issues with uploading and ownership of files.

Next meeting: Sunday 12th November 2017

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:28 pm

ADMIN MEETING
26 NOV 2017


Attending
StealthySnowman
Terox
Mathers
Ashley
OneNanArmy
Murray122
Tom
Wombat
Ben

Agenda
S1 Numbers.
Slowly on the rise. Especially outside of gamenights.

Event Scheduler / calendar
Details in trello board (***** to do list) for review. All admins please test before next admin meeting.

Server status / updates
VCON testing session last friday, catching up on feedback.
Next week will be vanilla patch for tacops. Maybe a fix to battleye issue.Will need testing but should allow for rcon use on no 2 again.

Special events
Nothing concrete planned. Some polls and discussions on forums, garnering interest.

YouTube channel
Work in progress. Lots of people recording footage, need more awareness of contributing to the community. Admins, please make people aware of Beagles as coordinator for content during briefings.

PR channel
BI, recruitment and gaming forums. Reddit and steam groups. Establishing message, tone of voice, brand and channels. Message to admins will go out on forum.

TVT / PVP nights.
Needs another coordinator. Will fallback to vote for a tvt mission at the end of gamenights until we can get another coordinator.

Mission Spreadsheet
WIP. Should be a test ready soon (before next admin meeting).

AOB
ACP for forum.
Re Extensions and MOTD. All admins can now access MOTD via the ACP. If you update it, please remember to keep it relevant once your event, or date, has passed.

Next meeting: Sunday 10th December 2017

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 pm

ADMIN MEETING
10 Dec 2017


- Attending
StealthySnowman
Ben
Striker
Ashley
Lucius
Mathers
Tom
Wombat



- Follow up items

PR & YouTube. ***** having a big constraint put on his time at mo so work has slowed. Still no movement on volunteers for Forums and such.

TVT nights. No volunteers to make this a regular advertised event so no change. Will just be an optional vote near end of gamenights.
***** : Don’t new A&D missions take priority?
***** : Many people drop out at the mention of TVT. Would prefer to keep to tail end of game night and done on a majority vote basis.
***** : See gamenights as mainly coop, agree with keeping to vote.
***** : Agree then not running as 1st mission. But running at end of gamenights will result in low numbers essentially killing pvp/tvt/a&d.
***** : The problem is, if you do a vote as the second or 3rd mission and the vote is like 21 for tvt and 20 against, alot of those that voted against will leave, so you effectively kill game night by having tvt too early
***** : Any idea why people don’t want to play pvp/tvt? Can we introduce rolling / wave respawns etc to spice it up?
***** : Good idea, but depends on mission devs intent for the missions.
***** : problem is time spent not playing, when dead, spectating etc. Approve wave respawn mechanic option. Doesn’t fit every mission, so maybe re-introduce designated pvp night.
***** : Problem is we had two people to organise these events. Not present now.
***** : Would not suggest another night, but keeping it a part of gamenights. Doesn’t require specific admins to roll it out.
***** : agree, don’t need specific admin to be a tvt night.
***** : Will add a monthly event to calendar for PVP/TVT nights there that will be the main focus of the nights.
***** : Can S2 benefit from an organised monthly tvt night? Asking the room.
***** : if numbers start to run low we can switch back to coop.
***** : we could introduce ai elements into pvp to spice it up. Agree with 1st GN session of the month being pvp/tvt focused.
***** : Some smaller scenarios and missions available, especially with AI elements. Given enough lead time we can task devs with producing this type of mission and looking at options.
***** : Festive holidays taken into consideration and time for devs to craft some mission means we will introduce this in February. Missions need to be smaller timeframe etc 45mins.

- Agenda:
No items

- AOB
***** : post by ***** re: gamenight with other clans.
***** : There will need to be an admin happy to help be the point of contact for this idea.
***** : Lets sort out our pvp nights first and get something organised.

***** : Regular game admins on forums can’t sticky posts.
***** to amend forum rules.

***** : Mission manager beta working and ok to use.
***** : Will be keen for both systems to be used and maintained until we are happy and confident to switch over fully to avoid the mission spreadsheet falling into disarray again from lack of keeping up to date. Feedback form to be changed to mirror that of the current feedback form.

***** : Going to try re-enable BattleEye on S2 following update.

***** : Re ACRE functionality seems to be missing: no more infantry telephone etc.
***** : Last week latest stable version came out that altered racks and comms. Between last update there have been at least 4 different release candidates. Latest one should come in tomorrows patch and fix these issues.

- Action points
***** : Forum ‘sticky’ permissions - DONE
***** : Removal of 2 admins from role - DONE.
***** : Start compiling notes for next community meeting
***** : Add monthly PVP/TVT nights into Calendar - DONE
***** : Amendment to Feedback system in new mission management to reflect existing feedback form.

Next meeting: Sunday 7th January @ 1700 gmt.

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:44 pm

ADMIN MEETING
7 Jan 2018


Attending:
StealthySnowman
Ben
Ashley
Mathers
tom

Follow up items
***** : Forum ‘sticky’ permissions - DONE
***** : Removal of 2 admins from role - DONE.
***** : Start compiling notes for next community meeting - NOT STARTED
***** : Add monthly PVP/TVT nights into Calendar - DONE
***** : Amendment to Feedback system in new mission management to reflect existing feedback form.

Agenda:
***** : Forum rule - "Bad language: Filtering all possibly offensive words and phrases." What is considered bad language, all swear words? Do we really need this rule?
***** : Depends on meaning. Profanity is subjective. Normally used in banter not offensively. Not sure we need this. A lot of thin skinned people even without profanity. We’re an adult mature gaming community.
***** : Reinforcing ashleys point. As long as profanity is used to describe a situation it’s ok, just not in an abusive way. Shouldn’t need a rule against profanity.
***** : If there’s a specific rule people may use it against us if it’s acceptable in some circumstances than others.

Dev updates:
Still looking into alternative repo tool. Some issues with current system coming up.
No special events planned. WWII one cancelled. Did not pass requirements.
Auditing the mod pack in response to comments from S2.

AOB
***** : AI tanks main cannon issue? IS this a problem with us or RHS?
***** : Seems to be a long standing problem with Russian tanks, have looked into RHS tracker but can’t find anything. May be a ACE mod conflict but nothing mentioned on ACE forums either. Looking into it but struggling to go through all the possible options.
***** : Can admins please check if a post is locked before posting as you have rights to post to locked threads which causes alerts.
General discussion on blacklisting method.

Action points
***** : Review Trello members
***** : Start next community meeting notes
***** : Updates or docs on mission spreadsheet system

Next meeting: Sun 21st January 2018

User avatar
Wombat
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Wombat » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:16 pm

ADMIN MEETING
21 Jan 2018

Attending:
Ben
Terox
CookieMonster
OneNanArmy
Rory
Tom
Wombat
Beagles
StealthySnowman

Agenda:
*****: Update on Community Meeting? I've recently made thread on forums inviting members and guests to propose talking points to be raised during the meeting.
*****: ***** mostly planning the community meeting alone so far. No date confirmed or announced for it yet. The role of organising these community meetings would be best left with the "community PR guy" if we had one.
*****: Busyness IRL likely slowing planning of meeting down. Anyone wish to volunteer with helping organise the meeting?
*****: I would be willing to help with the organising the meeting.

*****: Busyness IRL has slowed down my work on the community YouTube channel.

*****: No progress/update on the Patrol Ops Beta since before Christmas.

*****: Update on the new Mission Database and Feedback System?
*****: No official documentation or tutorials yet. Recently cleaned up the debugging code. Although system is still WIP and no documentation yet, admins can begin learning how to use the new system now since basic functionality is there.

*****: Update on forum issues?
*****: Not just a CSS issue. Issue is with the template itself. Fix is ongoing.

AOB:
*****: Looking into replacing current file repo?
*****: Some members have had technical difficulties with using Arma3Sync. Arma3Sync has poor documentation and is no longer being regularly updated. Swifty was proposed as possible alternative solution. Haven't had much free time to look into it. It looks promising so far but will need further investigation which is ongoing.

Action Points:
*****: To help ***** with organising the next community meeting.
*****: To try practice using the new Mission Database and Feedback System during gamenights. Ask ***** if you have questions or issues.

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:34 pm

ADMIN MEETING - 4 FEB 2018
=========================

Attending:
StealthySnowman
Mathers
Tom
Ben
Murray

Follow ups

Community Meeting points
***** : Work in progress. Most topics are underway if not done. Intro and sections on PVP/TVT, PR, YouTube to be completed.

Fomum issue
***** : Need to rebuild the template from a ‘prosilver’ copy. Was hoping to fix current version but can find no way of reintroducing the missing post dates through the css. The element just isn’t being rendered out by the template.

Mission spreadsheet, feedback form update:
***** : Pending.

Agenda:
***** : re GN on S2 (Sat) started 28/30 ppl. Someone mentioned PVP/TVT night. Took a vote was 50/50. Decided to run it which resulted in player count dropping to 24 players. Managed 2 missions then GN finished early due to lack of players and interest in pvp. Suggest vote required larger % to pass ie 75%.
***** : Feel increasing the vote % will lead to never being able to run a TVT as most won’t vote for it, but agree we should find a way to better organise it.

AOB
***** : Concerned at low attendance at admin meetings so far this year. RL issues always take precedence but would like to see more attendance to avoid admins not being on same page with regards to issues brought up and discussed. Discussions also benefit from a greater variety of opinions and suggestions.

Action Points
***** : Catch up with ***** re interest in running TVT nights.
***** : Organise DEV meeting.
***** : Chase outstanding content for Community Meeting.

Next Meeting:
Sun 18th Feb 2018 @ 1700

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:01 pm

ADMIN MEETING 18 Feb 2018

Attending
Stealthy
Ben
Striker
Ashley
Mathers
OneNanArmy
Wombat

Catch up:
***** : ***** will start PVP on S1 once per month again.
***** : We need smaller number missions for TVT on S2 which is why it’s hard to run for smaller number.
***** : We do have means to include wave respawn for TVT missions. Could be helpful mechanic. It’s been tested.

***** : No filtering and no mission finder and lack of removal of old missions makes this a lot less easier to use than spreadsheet. Prefer to stick to just that for now until issues fixed.

AOB
***** : on S2, ppl complaining over BattleEye issues. Small numbers of complaints which seem intermittent. 2/30 for example.
***** : This issue came up before, previously was for keeping it off, but major pro is it makes it easier to handle from admins side ie using ***** .
***** : Question over need for admin tools on S2 given audience and smaller numbers.
***** : Small need, but very very useful.

***** : Community meeting topic discussion.
General discussion: The Future, PR, Inter community Ops, New missions, Some exciting scripts can be employed for new and interesting missions. Lots of potential to keep them fresh and exciting.

***** : Unified medical system across missions? Difference in damage taken (calculations ) are vastly different. Ie ACE medical options.
***** : We can set a server default for base settings but allow any mission settings to overide. Discuss at dev meeting re implementing a base line vs forced settings.
***** : Prefer not forcing it but setting a default.
***** : ACE in progress of re-writing whole medical system. So this all may change
All seem in agreement of setting default to unconscious rather than immediate death on hits.

***** : Discussion over implementation of bans from roles.
***** : Re Wombats post on the similar incident that happened recently. This should be the template for this feedback. Very constructive and positive.No admin should be implementing these instantly across the server.
General agreement. All bans from roles SHOULD be documented as well. No excuse for not following up and adding to list.

***** : Section for Community meeting. Backup for pilots, wingmen etc, support roles etc. Good idea for mission devs and makers to consider.

***** : When it comes to using helo transport for infantry, perhaps make a general rule that we let that infantry rejoin if helo crashes. Needs to be considered pilot error vs enemy influence. Also, consider their tasks between infil / exfil and respawn mechanic.
General agreement if certain it’s not due to enemy influence. Gives the infantry a second chance when dead through no fault of their own.

***** : Need to scale down air threats on missions starting with air assets and insertions. Missions taking a lot of casualties on first steps meaning a lot of people left waiting for next mission.

To Do
***** : Dev meeting schedule. Mention TVT points raised. Baseline unconscious setting, air asset squads not single units.
***** : Liaise with ***** & ***** re PR message , tone of voice etc.
***** : ***** needs Mission list access.
***** : Ensure some backup mechanism in place for missions list.
***** : Updating and replacing older versions of missions. Have removed old versions of missions from server but list does not update to reflect that. Detects new ones, but not ones that have been removed.

Next meeting: 4th March 2018 @ 1700 GMT

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Admin meeting Sunday 25th March 2018

== Attending:
StealthySnowman
OnaNanArmy
Murray
Ashley
Striker
Wombat
Ben
Terox
Rory

== Follow up:

Missions tracking system:
No progress as yet.
Priority is filtering and mission finder.

Discord channel, intended usage & moderation.
Might be able to use bots to post announcements and reminders. ***** has some experience and will look into it.
Intended for community chat, advertising and announcements.

Missions with limited ZGM roles.
***** to organise (yes, still) a DEV meeting to prioritise these types of missions where possible.
Ask ***** for an update to the template to include this option.
***** to create a sticky thread for current requirements.

PVP Event planning ideas
Exile style event, gurella war fare. Something that adds content that might pull traditional non pvp players in.
CTI might work. Coop and PVP elements. Only issue might be performance as alot of AI.
Server should be able to cope with upto 200 AI.
***** to start thread on general to generate some ideas from community about events
Include wave respawn or similar mechanic. Or make missions a lot shorter.

YouTube & Video progress
Can we record the streams and have them under a separate playlist such as “Raw Game night Footage”.
***** to create card on creating event and multicams.

Sponsorship options:
***** to message ***** about ideas and following up on community meeting point.
Some arguments for focusing on donations rather than sponsorship.

== Agenda

No points made.

== Any Other Business:

What are we doing with mission manager vs mission spreadsheet?
Aim is to switch to MM and stop using MS. Still some population and dev work as mentioned to be done. Some good functionality in there already - feedback, bug reports etc.
Currently people using both. MS to find missions and MM for feedback and bugs.
***** to publish some documentation in the google docs for users and push for filtering functionality.

Issus on S2, mission categorised with COAD.
We could use a more rigid layout of categorisation. Re: 90 vs 3 hostage mission. Mislabelling can unintentionally turn a mission into adversarial and cause confusion over intent. Better documentation in the mission would help clarify. Enjoy the mission type as it’s something interesting if done well. When we used to play ZGMs in GameNights, we’d ask for a few ‘actors’ to play as enemy but given intent, bounds and specific role to fulfil (enhanced AI etc), not to engage as pure pvp.
Briefing is key. Explain to players what they should expect and then there shouldn't be a misunderstanding. Introducing more tags is not necessary.

Addon installation video vs updating to a new repo system.
Would like to get a test server set up soon so a switch over maybe possible soon with testing.

= Action Points
***** : Mission Manager
***** : Sponsorship follow up
***** : Organise content for DEV meeting and schedule.
***** & ***** : Investigate bot options and moderation for discord channel
***** : Detail requirements for Multicam and streaming events for generating persistent YouTube content.
***** : Post forum discussion on PVP Event ideas.

Next meeting: 8th April

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Admin Meeting : Sun 8th April 2018

== Attending
Stealthysnowman
Beagles
Murray
Ben
Striker
Rory
Ashley
OneNanArmy
Mathers


== Follow up
***** : Mission Manager

***** : Sponsorship follow up

***** : Organise content for DEV meeting and schedule.

***** & ***** : Investigate bot options and moderation for discord channel
***** : Been testing one, is in and setup with webhook. Added in a welcome plugin too. Needs a welcome message writing. Added moderation options (set to admins). Removes duplicate messages, blocks external links.

***** : Detail requirements for Multicam and streaming events for generating persistent YouTube content. Posted into PR Board for ***** .

***** : Post forum discussion on PVP Event ideas.

== Agenda Items:
PVP / TVT Event
Event planned for a months time by ***** . Hope as it’s scheduled event it will draw more numbers.
***** : More consistent internal advertising, Using tools we have, steam groups, forum announcements and pms etc , but more consistent application by admins.
***** : Add new TS channel “Urgent News” or similar for summary of important news with links to forum etc.
***** : Announcements channel / pin messages for Discord too.

***** : Suggested idea, using forum thread for uploading missions.

== AOB
***** : Need to tighten up checks on launching missions , comms checks etc, checking Sl jips etc. Recent #2 game nights have been ‘messy’ at best and feel we could do with tighten up the discipline etc.
***** : Didn’t see any comms related issues, but want to reiterate they people need to inform an admin if they see an issue. People tend more to complain after the fact than approach an admin.
***** : Wonder if we could create an admin text channel for people to report issues if not wanting to use voip when other party might be near? Some better reporting mechanism could be needed.
***** : re ***** custom channels. Could make an admin channel, but not sure how it would work re public / private messages.
***** : Agree with firmer hand especially regarding mission critical roles and comms for example. Checks need to be enforced and people removed from role if failing comms checks when in critical roles such as jets for example.
***** : If game night admin especially on s2, put yourself in a role where you are contactable and actually able to respond.
***** : Important to set the right tone from the beginning. Lax briefings and slotting sets the wrong tone.
***** : Commanders sometimes get very out of their depth and need a guiding hand.
***** : Admins should be available to do this.
***** : Can we get a system for difficulty rating?
***** : Use current mission feedback tool.
***** : Better use of XO slot for helping developing commanders would be good. An experienced guiding hand.Often the problem comes when needing to improvise.

== To Do
***** : Add Announcement channel to Discord
***** : Add Events / Announcements channel to TS
***** : Add Forum thread for mission uploading under missions and editing.
***** : To investigate text channel for admin reports. Re 26k’s custom channels.

== Next meeting: 22nd April 2018 @ 1700 GMT

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Mon May 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Admin meeting:
27 May 2018

Attending:

Stealthy
Terox
Ben
Wombat
Striker
Rory
Murray

Follow up:

All: Updating of mission manager with missing info when missions are run. Progress? Any major blockers?
***** : Not getting the password reset email.
***** : What’s the process for adding a new mission?
***** : Anyone can read content, but you can edit details of missions where you are marked as owner of that mission. The mission appears on the list when polled from production server.
***** : Tried to change user level from user to dev and receive an error.
***** : What happens when new versions are uploaded?
***** : They are added to the list and old ones persist until removed from server. Some new mission versions being added where more than just the version number changes. This means the mission manager can’t update the existing entry with the new version and creates a new entry. Manager should delete old versions automatically or when marked for deletion by owner.
Ben: Going back to a system of copying missions into a new folder on server restart and using this new folder for the server would allow the mission manager to edit, delete the old files and prevent some of these issues.

***** : Mission manager bug fixing update:
One bug report made, which should be fixed asap.
***** : Really need the filtering to be working asap to really improve viability of the system. Ie I use min player count when looking for a mission after seeing how many players are online. At moment can’t sort by min players, only max players.
***** : Filters persisting in url. Affects trying to find additional, later missions as it retains filters from previous search. Have to hard clear browser cache and reload to search / filter again.

Agenda items:

***** : Give those with "dev" tag on TS the same tag on discord and allow them to post links within the "zeus-dev" channel.
Can be easily done but would mean more people being able to get around the bot, 1 person who has roles to get around the bot in some channels has already been banned in discord, just something to think about…
***** : May need to relax the moderation bot. Especially with regards to use of caps in script posts etc.
***** : Some complaints about thing like link moderation (especially when discussing dev related matters), language filters. What are the rules ?
***** : Can we define bot rules for different channels?
***** : Can the bot log warnings rather than implement bans immediately, so admin can review warnings and ban deliberate malicious swearing etc.
***** : 2 bad language infractions result in permaban. Needs to be relaxed. Intended usage shifted. More chat room now than intended 1st port of call.

***** : Attempt server#2 TvT night again? Discussion on Discord dev channel expressed disappointment in server#2 TvT missions never getting played. Included thoughts and suggestions:
Server#2 doesn't need as much admin oversight as server#1 so we don't need to rely on a dedicated admin being committed to it (just like we don't have a dedicated admin for coop gamenights)
Server#2 population has increased slightly over the last few months which improves likelihood of a successful TvT night
Consider having TvT night on non-game night so those who dislike TvT don't miss out on anything?
Even if we get <30 players attending server#2 TvT night, we can still play small scale TvT missions
We are now better at advertising community events thanks to forum banner, discord, teamspeak announcement channel etc. so getting players informed and hyped on an upcoming TvT night should be easier now.
***** : Could use some new AD missions to try revitalise the interest.
***** : Many things affect drop offs, giving people something to do when dead, spectate for example. A wave respawn mechanic, say every 20 mins or objective completed basis. This improved logistics of getting people back into the fight ie, not continually one by one.
***** : new wave respawns could also come back in other roles etc. Improves variety and interest.
***** : Could also include a ‘counter’ to increase respawn times, using a medic to confirm death before having ability to respawn… lots of scripting options.
***** : Don’t like the wave system, can create a more ‘gamey’ style of play given infinite respawning.
***** : Lots of ways to implement a wave system i.e. putting wave respawns into new teams to really mix up the mission.
***** : Given the scope and variety of ways to implement it, it may take a little testing but we should be able to retain players through missions rather than people leaving when dead for a long time before next mission.
***** / ***** : Dead players could also be used to control AI squads.
***** : Next time, should tvt night be on game night or specific off game night?
***** : Given enough advance warning it should be fine to run on a game night.

***** : Replace vanilla tactical ping with new Dmitry's proposed server-side mod for server#1? Polling so far suggests community support for Dmitry's replacement feature for tactical ping.
General agreement. Precise ping is a lazy mechanic.

AOB:
Thanks to ***** and ***** for keeping an eye on the mission upload requests thread. Please continue to remind people to use this process when asking for mission uploads.

Any volunteers for running next community meeting?
none.

***** / ***** : Admin meetings: Change to monthly? 1st Sunday on the month. Anyone feel we need bi-weekly meetings given current pace of things?
General consensus.
Next admin meeting:
Sunday 1st July @ 1700


***** : 2 special event proposals gone up. Neither have admin sponsors, even though one has passed min interest requirements. Without admin sponsors (who will be there on the night and helping with prep) it won’t go forward.

Action points:
***** : Moderation rules for discord bot.
Gen Dev task: Develop wave respawn scripting system to test for tvt nights.
***** : Follow up with Dmitry on ping replacement.

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Admin meeting Sun 5th Aug 2018

Attending

Stealthysnowman
Mathers
Wombat
Ben
Striker
Ashley
Terox
Beagles

Catch up items:
No notes posted from last meeting….

Agenda items:
TVT Night rotation

Admin support for S1.

General discussion on Future of ZEUS community, direction, opportunities.
A&D, TVT, PR officer,

admin nominations: *****, *****

Video capture content to be reviewed /approved before being used in production.
List PR channels, compose messages, post regularly. Check for video content releases.

TVT/AD nights monthly on 1st sunday game night of each month.

ZEUS Shop order was finally delivered. Seems approx 4 weeks to UK, 6 weeks to Sweden.

To do:
- Gather addresses and message content for PR sites
- Organise DEV meeting
- Keep pushing on Video Content
- Approach admin nominees [DONE]
- Announce A&D/TvT night schedule on forum.

User avatar
Snowman
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Admin meeting mintues

Post by Snowman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Admin Meeting 2 Sept 2018

Attending
StealthySnowman
Ben
Striker
Eagle-Eye
Ghost XII
Mathers
OneNanArmy
Wombat
Ashley
Terox


Agenda
***** - New Admins. on board for couple of weeks as assistants.

***** - Ways to prevent pilots in missions spending 80% of their time with no tasking.
***** - Seems less of an issue on s1. Use of other helicopters with attack and transport capability might help.
***** - Use hellcats, or door gunners makes this possible. After pilot drops off troops, he can function as a UAV operator.
***** - Multipurpose is key.Must be balanced to pilots are available but this is the way to go.
***** - Medivac role? Supply runs tend to be most important.
***** - resupply should rely on pilots less due to sling loading issues. Applies to missions mostly with limited loadouts
***** - Issue for devs. Problem does tend to happen less on S1.
***** - Some missions with transport pilots do tend to hand jips. Turn off tele to squad in these missions give pilots chance to do their role.
***** - Spawn on team could have a cooldown timer. That way if pilots are busy or unavailable you don’t have to wait too long.

***** - Remove server view distance? Requested by community members.Balance issue?
***** - Don’t think it’s a balance issue if people are following sops.
***** - Remove restrictions on all servers, but implement for A&D ideally using weather to preserve immersion. Also,. There’s a limit of 1.5km set on server. Bumped up now to 2.5km.
***** - Not sure if servers have a hard lock on distance. Certainly, none has been set. Could be defaulting. Have been inconsistencies with ACE view settings (which I control the defaults for - set to high) causing issues with settings in missions. This is an issue client side really. No reason to set limits on the server. Will check framework.
***** - Issue arose on one of my missions. I didn’t change anything on view distances.

***** - Live stats feeds? www.tsviewer.com, and https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... 96.3:2302/
***** - Google Calendar
***** - Date format, last played counter in mission manager.
***** - S2 RHS update has changed a few things. Class names, items means updating seeder missions for example.
***** - New mod content being added is down to mission makers to introduce. Seeding missions need to be edited by their maker. Next BIS update will also see some changes introduced which may affect missions and certain items.

***** - Admin channel on Discord?
***** - with ***** and TS and forums I think we have enough channels.

AOB
***** - Link on Forum for mission manager feature requests. MISSIONS & EDITING thread.

***** - Some issues still going on on S2, but not all admins adding to watchlist. Everyone needs to keep this up to date otherwise it becomes hearsay.

***** - Watch list, have one continuous list rather than a new year clean slate.

***** - Mission sheet needs updating tab added.

***** - sponsoring admin for cobra re-major mission but will be away for a 3 weeks. That’s still leaves 2 weeks before event dates.
***** - Would ideally need a co sponsor so can resolve any issues in setup.
***** - Will look for a co-sponsor.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests