Feedback Responses

Section for any gamenight feedback.
Spud

Feedback Responses

Post by Spud »

Gamenight 03/06/2017. We play one of my missions, after it is over i check the feedback that was given and there is only 5 Feedbacks given, including mine.

I can only think of 3 reasons for this
1 - People Can't be bothered to do it (Likely)
2 - Issue with the feedback (Highly Unlikely)
3 - People don't see the point in leaving feedback without the ability to leave comments. (Most Likely)

Without those comment fields on the previous feedback forms there is almost no point in mission devs getting feedback, it just doesn't help. It doesn't give the precision needed to improve and fix missions.
So what if someone leaves a nasty comment, yeah it sucks and its rude and those people are assholes but if you are going to make mission then you need to be prepared to take criticism whether it be useful or not, you need to be thick-skinned is what i'm trying to say.

We need that comment line back.
Wombat

Re: Feedback Responses

Post by Wombat »

Spud wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:43 pm Without those comment fields on the previous feedback forms there is almost no point in mission devs getting feedback, it just doesn't help. It doesn't give the precision needed to improve and fix missions.
So what if someone leaves a nasty comment, yeah it sucks and its rude and those people are assholes but if you are going to make mission then you need to be prepared to take criticism whether it be useful or not, you need to be thick-skinned is what i'm trying to say.

Agreed. For me, the pros outweigh the cons.
Rory

Post by Rory »

+1 Spud. I do think people may just be lazy but we definitely should have it back.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Spud wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:43 pm Gamenight 03/06/2017. We play one of my missions, after it is over i check the feedback that was given and there is only 5 Feedbacks given, including mine.

I can only think of 3 reasons for this
1 - People Can't be bothered to do it (Likely)
2 - Issue with the feedback (Highly Unlikely)
3 - People don't see the point in leaving feedback without the ability to leave comments. (Most Likely)

Without those comment fields on the previous feedback forms there is almost no point in mission devs getting feedback, it just doesn't help. It doesn't give the precision needed to improve and fix missions.

Spud,

I understand what your saying and i agree with you that the new multi-choice options proves more difficult for mission developers to understand the key issues with the mission that are being reported by members.

My original post did state that it is not only mission devs that may be subjected to the "Nasty" comments but any member within zeus.
The example i provided of a response was in fact aimed towards another member of the community and none of its contents had any mission related issues/reports.

This is not about a certain group (Mission Devs) being able to take the "nasty" comments but ALL of the community
I cannot guarantee that everyone will be thick skinned and not retaliate to the comment(s) left towards them.

Like i stated in my last post, I am still looking for other means/platforms/software that might be better for us as a community to use but none support all the features that we require that i have looked into so far.

If there is a high demand for the comment text fields to be re-enabled (Which comes with the chance of "nasty" comments being received) then i will enable them again. At that point, i will no longer manage the feedback form and its data outlets as i will not manage something that i feel can cause more harm than good. I will of course hand over the management of it to another admin if they so wish to do so.
Spud

Post by Spud »

This is not about a certain group (Mission Devs) being able to take the "nasty" comments but ALL of the community
I cannot guarantee that everyone will be thick skinned and not retaliate to the comment(s) left towards them.
I know this isn't an excuse for people leaving those comments but the average player in the community will never look at or have access to the feedback so they won't have to "retaliate to the comment(s) left towards them".
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

We may have something to solve everything plus improve some more aspects of the form and data.

For now it will remain multiple choice. Will update everyone when I have more details.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

At the back of a recent mission developers meeting. The google form questions that once changed to multi-able choice answers have now returned to text answers.
This is to help developers get more information about there missions with more detail from the users submitting the responses.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Thank you very much Murray!

@other admins, can we start consistently shipping the form again, especially after new or fresher missions?
Terox

Post by Terox »

There is a completely new system coming soonish when my 19 year old son gets his arse into gear and finishes of the project he has been working on and off for quite some time now.
Spud

Post by Spud »

I know it wont be relevant when the new system comes out but when i went to get the feedback on one of my missions there was only 6 responses out of 25+ players. Shorty after, a few people messaged me saying that their feedback didn't show up on the page. Might be something to look into depending on how far away the new system is.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Spud wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:05 pm I know it wont be relevant when the new system comes out but when i went to get the feedback on one of my missions there was only 6 responses out of 25+ players. Shorty after, a few people messaged me saying that their feedback didn't show up on the page. Might be something to look into depending on how far away the new system is.
I looked into this Spud and found no issues. The only thing i can put it down to was the users not submitting the feedback or some sort of connection error during the submitting form process.
In terms of getting your feedback that was lost, You can always request a pre-filled link for your mission in the dev hub and ask those members to fill it out if/when they have the time.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Ok Thanks
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

We (admins) are hoping to be able to test the new system for mission reporting and listing at some point this week.

I will keep you posted on the rollout status and any important procedure changes to the community will be announced via the forum.

Cheers,
Spud

Post by Spud »

Any progress?
Folau

Post by Folau »

As the system seemed to be in use fully last night, and two of my missions were played, I've got a handful of comments to make:
  • Really useful for seeing trends in people's opinions of missions - broad opinions about capability, enemies, if anyone was underused etc
  • Happy to see only a couple of not overly constructive comments. Most people have been specific with issues or comments in such a way that I can do something about them.
  • It gives solid direction for improving missions. I can go away and look at the two that got played and adjust them slightly now I know how people felt without having to go and ask loads of people individually. It will also help my work in future as I learn what people are capable of.
  • One thing for reviewers (if they read this thread) is to remember that not everyone is an expert at making missions, so I'll accept comments about simplicity or common locations on the grounds that for me a simple mission still requires a fair amount of effort and I may not have used a location before to know it's been overdone :P
Couple of questions for Terox / others:
  • If I now go away and update a mission should I make this v02, with v01 deleted from the server? Is there some sort of dependence on how minor the changes are for this e.g. fixing a coupe of typos isn't a big deal but adjusting the enemy capability may be?
  • One thing that may be useful is that if someone gives detailed feedback allow them the option to add their name? I don't want to break the anonymity of the system but in some cases, if the reviewer is willing, it would be useful for me to follow-up on specific comments/concerns/queries/issues.
  • If a mission is repeated at a later date is all feedback appended to the existing reviews/scores? One thought I have had is that a mission played yesterday at max playercount was seen as having too few enemies (which is true - it was balanced towards the lower end but got knocked-over pretty quickly) but if played again with the minimum it could be deemed to be appropriate or too hard. It may be useful to have that information, and anything else about a specific run that currently escapes me, somewhere if I'm not around to see the conditions myself.
Overall really impressed with how it works, and I'll certainly be improving the two missions played ready for the new year as well as taking it on board in future creations!