UPDATE- Form Responses

Section for any gamenight feedback.
MURRAY122

UPDATE- Form Responses

Post by MURRAY122 »

As the feedback form has been running for a couple of months now I thought I would post some of the overall reports

Also just want to say thank you for taking the time to use the feedback form during your game nights.
Overall we could see higher numbers of responses so ask your admin of game night to provide you a prefilled link in chat and am sure he will be more than happy to provide one. Use the debriefing time to fill it out and help out the community and developers

I would also like to see what is preventing us from giving feedback, In a recent game night, we seen over 128 players on the server and no feedback was given. This is just an example night but there have been others like this. Even if we knock off 75% of players, we should still see around 32 responses

Main questions would be:

Was a link provided?
What stopped you from giving feedback?
Is it convenient, easy to use?

So let me know here and i would be more than happy to look into it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Number of responses - 374
Months in use - 3.5
Date range - 11/16 - 02/17
Number of mission devs who have had feedback - 18

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Faction Played:

BLUFOR - 67.1%
OPFOR - 19.8%
INDEPENDENT - 12.8%
CIVILIAN - 0.5%

How do you rate... The Approach, plan and communication undertaken by your factions leadership?
  • 5 - 119
    4 - 134
    3 - 81
    2 - 31
    1 - 9

Overall 3.8/5

How do you rate... The General execution by all players involved?
  • 5 - 90
    4 - 116
    3 - 87
    2 - 28
    1 - 3

Overall 3.2/5

How do you rate... The Overall design quality of the mission?
  • 5 - 127
    4 - 155
    3 - 57
    2 - 21
    1 - 14

Overall 3.9/5

How do you rate... The Overall feasibility of the task concept of the mission?
  • 5 - 146
    4 - 139
    3 - 52
    2 - 22
    1 - 15

Overall 4.1/5

How do you rate... Your overall satisfaction with this particular instance of the mission?
  • 5 - 119
    4 - 119
    3 - 82
    2 - 35
    1 - 19
Overall 3.8/5

Any remarks or comments you want to make regarding how the mission was played?
Number of responses - 158

Any remarks or comments you want to make regarding the design of the mission?
Number of responses - 197

State your level of agreement with the following statement: 'I would like to play more missions with (potential) gameplay like this one.
  • 5 - 184 (49.2%)
    4 - 105 (28.1%)
    3 - 58 (15.5%)
    2 - 13 (3.5%)
    1 - 14 (3.7%)

Overall - 4.1/5

Wombat

Re: UPDATE- Form Responses

Post by Wombat »

At the moment, the number of times the feedback form link is provided during debrief is inconsistent. I've been trying to get into the habit of posting the link during every debrief but I do get the impression that many other admins forget to post it themselves. It's possible that some admins still don't know how to use the "GameFinder".

My opinion on the form itself, is I find that there are too many questions on the execution of the mission (planning, communication etc). I think this area still needs to be streamlined. I believe the most important use of the feedback form is providing mission devs with feedback as to how fun the mission was, what bugs were found and what possible improvements could be made. I don't believe feedback on how well players executed the mission is as important.

Admittedly, I quite often only want to provide meaningful feedback for this question: "Any remarks or comments you want to make regarding the design of the mission?". However, there are 6 questions before that one which I don't care to put thought into answering (we talk enough in debrief about execution anyway).

We need to get more feedback from mission devs as to their thoughts on the feedback form.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Wombat wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:35 pm My opinion on the form itself, is I find that there are too many questions on the execution of the mission (planning, communication etc). I think this area still needs to be streamlined. I believe the most important use of the feedback form is providing mission devs with feedback as to how fun the mission was, what bugs were found and what possible improvements could be made. I don't believe feedback on how well players executed the mission is as important.
I personally have to disagree here. In my eyes the form is as streamlined as it can be.
The purpose of the questions regarding the execution are mainly twofold:

1) Allow the mission maker to effectively distinguish between disturbances caused by his mission design and disturbances caused by a bad commander/ lax execution
2) Allow us to consistently monitor improvements or a decline in execution quality over time.

Interestingly I do sometimes find myself giving the plan of the mission a really bad rating but end up marking the execution/handling by the players as near perfect. This sometimes also happens the other way round. The separation should be kept.

I do agree however with the observation that the form seems to be only inconsistently shared.

What would be cool to see is something like a quick monthly data review that allows us to create a timeline and monitor our stats/ see how we can improve them.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

StRiKeR wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:15 pm I personally have to disagree here. In my eyes the form is as streamlined as it can be.
Currently, there are 6 questions on execution but just 2 questions on design. Surely the number of execution based questions can be reduced.

The less questions there are, the more likely it is that players will answer them. I think one of the reasons why so few are providing feedback is due to the fact that the majority can't be bothered to commit to answering 8 questions for every mission.

Humans are lazy creatures after all.
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Wombat wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:14 pm
StRiKeR wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:15 pm I personally have to disagree here. In my eyes the form is as streamlined as it can be.
Currently, there are 6 questions on execution but just 2 questions on design. Surely the number of execution based questions can be reduced.

The less questions there are, the more likely it is that players will answer them. I think one of the reasons why so few are providing feedback is due to the fact that the majority can't be bothered to commit to answering 8 questions for every mission.

Humans are lazy creatures after all.
I fail to see six questions that concern only the execution. I can only make out three.

1) How do you rate... The Approach, plan and communication undertaken by your factions leadership?
2) How do you rate... The General execution by all players involved?
3) Any remarks or comments you want to make regarding how the mission was played?

Besides, the form really isn't that long. If you dont fill in the text boxes it wont take you longer than 20 seconds to fill it. Those that do fill the boxes have something to say anyway and will click the link regardless. So at most it will take you +/- a minute to fill it out in detail.
The problem is getting people to actually commit on clicking the link, provided it is even shared.

The reason why the forms didnt get filled in the past is because they werent shared. I've observed that quite a few times. I'm also certain that most people simply overlook it down there in the TS chat.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Thanks for the reply gents,

I do think admins are forgetting to send out the links, But we are human and do forget sometimes. I would encourage all players in the TS lobby to ask for it if it hasn't been provided.

I do think that we did as much as we could have done to involve the mission developers when setting up the questions (What they would have liked to have been asking players) when the feedback form was first set up. Now, of course, am always open to changing the questions over time to suit changes to the style or mechanics of Arma/the community.

For now, I do feel that the questions listed cover the key areas a dev looks for, from players. Saying that I would encourage devs to post below if they would like to see a change to suit their needs and what those needs are. I also have no way of tracking if devs are even using the feedback from the players, So it would be good just to see if devs are using the dev hub and am not just wasting time on a system that's not used.

The time to fill out the feedback (Based on the previous version of feedback form) is on average 1-2mins. Thinking about how long a normal debrief takes to complete (10-15mins, Including selecting a new mission and start of new slotting), This should be enough time to allow players to fill the form in. The boxes as already stated are optional and do not need to be filled which would make the process even easier and faster for most. The players with something to say (As already mentioned) will spend the time filling the boxes in with the 10-15mins they have.

In regards to reports monthly, I would be more than happy to do this but I will not make a full commitment as I may forget to post or something real life may show up around the time of posting the report. I will endeavor to produce them more frequently for everyone. Also on that note. The mission spreadsheet now shows a quick view of mission design and satisfaction ratings. These are based on the feedback provided by the players and on representing the version detailed on the mission spreadsheet (So basically, Rating resets if the mission is updated, allowing that version of the mission to be rated not inculding past mistakes etc.. ).
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

StRiKeR wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 pm I fail to see six questions that concern only the execution. I can only make out three.
Your right, I made a mistake.

Anyway, at least we've all agreed that admins need to be more consistent with sharing the feedback link and players need more encouragement to actually use the feedback link.

Maybe simply writing "FEEDBACK>*linkhere*<FEEDBACK" in the Teamspeak chat while also mentioning the existence of the feedback link using VOIP during debrief will help with the latter issue.

I'll add a reminder to admins about the former issue for this weekends admin meeting as well.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I find those stats really amazing!

3.8 / 5 thinks the main plan is excellent
4.1 / 5 thinks the tasks are easily doable

We get over a 100 casualties a mission! That means you throw 3 entire platoons worth of people at an objective and still fail horribly!
Last 5 game nights I participated in, we never got to the final objective, some times we don't even make it to the first objective.

Baffled by these numbers to be frank. But! It is good to see, that the people who take the time to fill in these forms also enjoy playing custom game nights. So thats a really positive thing you can take away from all of this.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Number of responses - 209
Overall - 583

Date range - 02/17 - 03/17
Number of mission devs who have had feedback this date range - 13

Faction Played:
Month

BLUFOR - 67.8%
OPFOR - 25.5%
INDEPENDENT - 6.7%
CIVILIAN - 0.0%

Overall:
BLUFOR - 67.5%
OPFOR - 22.7%
INDEPENDENT - 9.8%
CIVILIAN - 0.3%

How do you rate... The Approach, plan and communication undertaken by your factions leadership?

Month 4.2/5
Overall 4/5

Month 4.1/5
Overall 3.7/5

Month 4.1/5
Overall 4/5

Month 4.2/5
Overall 4.1/5

How do you rate... Your overall satisfaction with this particular instance of the mission?

Month 4/5
Overall 3.9/5

Number of responses - 61
Overall - 219

Number of responses - 96
Overall - 293

State your level of agreement with the following statement: 'I would like to play more missions with (potential) gameplay like this one.

Month - 4.3/5
Overall - 4.2/5

StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Thanks! Interesting data compared to the existing results.
Karle

Post by Karle »

Which ones the one to use? The one at bottom of the home page? I'm guessing the bit.ly one is just a details prefilled one? Just for when the links not about...
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Karle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:40 am Which ones the one to use? The one at bottom of the home page? I'm guessing the bit.ly one is just a details prefilled one? Just for when the links not about...
Never use the one on the homepage, This is an old feedback form
Karle

Post by Karle »

So the right one to use is...?
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Karle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:43 pm So the right one to use is...?
google forms one, the one provided by admins on game night
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

Number of responses -257
Overall -840

Date range - 03/17 - 04/17
Number of mission devs who have had feedback this date range - 13

Faction Played:
Month

BLUFOR - 59.9%
OPFOR - 32.7%
INDEPENDENT - 7.4%
CIVILIAN - 0.0%

Overall:
BLUFOR - 64.9%
OPFOR - 26%
INDEPENDENT - 9%
CIVILIAN - 0.2%

Month 3.8/5
Overall 4/5

Month 3.8/5
Overall 3.7/5

Month 3.8/5
Overall 4/5

Month 4/5
Overall 4.1/5

Month 3.5/5
Overall 3.9/5

Number of responses -90
Overall - 309

Number of responses - 121
Overall - 414

Month - 4/5
Overall - 4.2/5