UPDATE- Form Responses

Section for any gamenight feedback.
MURRAY122

Re: UPDATE- Form Responses

Post by MURRAY122 »

Feedback Form Change:

As a result of inappropriate feedback messages breaking community rules and insulting community members, I have worked in a script to stop common used abusive words being entered.

Not all words will be stopped, but I will certainly add to the list as and if any more come in.

Please remember to respect fellow members within the community and that the feedback you give can/could be seen by anyone (Not just mission developer) If a newcomer joins us for example and happens to see the comments left by others, you are teaching them that it is ok to treat others in this manner and in turn they themselves will treat you and others in the same manner.

Lead by example and respect others!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Number of responses -530
Overall -1370

Date range - 04/17 - 05/17
Number of mission devs who have had feedback this date range - 25

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Faction Played:
Month

BLUFOR - 71.5%
OPFOR - 16.8%
INDEPENDENT - 11.1%
CIVILIAN - 0.6%

Overall:
BLUFOR -66.6%
OPFOR - 23.7%
INDEPENDENT - 9.5%
CIVILIAN - 0.3%

How do you rate... The Approach, plan and communication undertaken by your factions leadership?

Month 3.8/5
Overall 4/5

How do you rate... The General execution by all players involved?

Month 3.8/5
Overall 3.7/5

How do you rate... The Overall design quality of the mission?

Month 4/5
Overall 4/5

How do you rate... The Overall feasibility of the task concept of the mission?

Month 4.1/5
Overall 4.1/5

How do you rate... Your overall satisfaction with this particular instance of the mission?

Month 3.8/5
Overall 3.8/5

Any remarks or comments you want to make regarding how the mission was played?

Number of responses -213
Overall - 522

Any remarks or comments you want to make regarding the design of the mission?

Number of responses - 276
Overall - 690

State your level of agreement with the following statement: 'I would like to play more missions with (potential) gameplay like this one.

Month - 4/5
Overall - 4.1/5

MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

As a result of a second incident of inappropriate feedback messages breaking community rules and insulting community members during Server 2 game night (20/05/2017)

The feedback form was closed temporarily while I worked on a solution to the issue.

As I don't want to collect or store personal data (for the benefit of community members) the options available to me were extremely limited.

As a result of my limited options, I have made the following change:

Both Experience and Design Comment fields have been removed and replaced with multiple choice options which in turn restrict members providing any of their own text while still providing basic issues found during the mission. The choices are based on our own community developer guide on how to make a mission and cover some key areas we like to ensure are working fully for any mission.

It was with no joy making this change but unfortunately, some members posting the inappropriate message(s) clearly can't act like adults and resort to insulting fellow community members as a result of their childish nature.
We had a great tool that we could use to improve missions and help our developers continue making missions that we all play on the servers. This step back is only slowing that process and making it more difficult for the developers and the community.

A second update has also been done for Feedback reporting:

You can now use this report to view your own selected date range and overall feedback results as and when you see fit.

https://datastudio.google.com/open/0B0Q ... XlPeTNuMHM
StRiKeR

Post by StRiKeR »

Shame, those text fields were useful with the information they contained. Now that feedback has to overflow back into the debrief where it's sitting uncomfortably and is losing content. Isn't there a way to implement a profanity check/filter to block form entries directly?
On the same note, I personally wouldn't have any problem being called whatever people can come up with. I mean who cares anyway? Seems pointless to leave the field to some leeches who've found an anonymous outlet? Should be a good laugh among valid feeback... Might just be my personal opinion.

Also, top job with the datastudio output! That's a very nice overview.
MURRAY122

Post by MURRAY122 »

StRiKeR wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 12:49 am Shame, those text fields were useful with the information they contained. Now that feedback has to overflow back into the debrief where it's sitting uncomfortably and is losing content. Isn't there a way to implement a profanity check/filter to block form entries directly?
On the same note, I personally wouldn't have any problem being called whatever people can come up with. I mean who cares anyway? Seems pointless to leave the field to some leeches who've found an anonymous outlet? Should be a good laugh among valid feeback... Might just be my personal opinion.

Also, top job with the datastudio output! That's a very nice overview.

A profanity check/filter was implemented already before the second incident to stop most common used words etc.. The problem is google has a lot of restrictions when it comes to regular expression and adding it to the forms. Plus the second incident showed that even with it, people went out of there way to bypass it by creatively altering words/letters

When it comes to your second point regarding your willingness to accept the comments personally. My view is different of course or else I wouldn't have made the change, but allow me to explain why.

1. Not all developers might be thick skinned enough to take the comments

2. If it is a new developer with his/her first mission. To see an abusive comment towards him/her or the mission may deter the developer to continue (because why make something to receive abuse.)

3. Feedback is not viewed only by developers, General public, and members can view the feedback at any point. Which leaves some after effects:
For the purpose of this example, we will say that this is based on a newcomer
: Newcomer see's the comments and thinks that it is "ok" to leave these kinds of comments in future
: Newcomer see's the comments and thinks that it is "ok" to treat people in this manner (Based on the fact that the comment exists and there would be more than one)

4. The abusive comments have (in one or two) been directed to members and not developers. So it's no longer about the mission (to the person making the feedback comment) but just a chance to insult someone in an anonymous outlet. which could escalate the situation with further insults, anger etc..

Now I understand its hard to deal with an issue without its full context so below is one of the comments that came in from a game night. The comment did mention a member by name, but I have removed it.

Code: Select all

"he is complete fucking garbage and has no patience whatsoever, he got the whole squad killed and put us in danger several times as well as shouts at people when they dont move the second they are told. Fuck him, fucking idiotic cunt fuckshit cock gobbeling cum swallowing midget anal whore cunt bollock fuckface"

My view on behavior issues is simple.
1. One person does it/says something
2. The second person hears/sees it
3. The second person repeats it.
4. The third person hears/sees it
5. The third person repeats it

I do feel that by accepting these comments we then open a gate for others to follow. It is allowing a behavior trait to start or worsen. Not everyone will pick up the trait or behavior but we will run the risk none the less.

I do have the same view as you, Personally if someone tried to insult me. I wouldn't care. If the insult was the one above or similar. I would just let them have their tantrum and be on with my day.
However, Others might not be able to and instead react to it in some way. For this reason and the above mentioned, I made the changes.

I hope I have explained my point of view clear enough. I am always open to trying something new. So if someone knows of a way to counter the issue while still having open text fields then I'll certainly work with them to implement it.

Glad you like the data report, Any suggestions are welcome from everyone.
Spud

Post by Spud »

I don't know if it could be done or not but maybe ask the mission maker if they are present before the feedback is posted, whether they want the text field feedback or the multiple choice one. If they want real feedback but the possibility of people being rude then let them have it but if they don't want to hear possible abuse by other members of the community.
Cobra.

Post by Cobra. »

"he is complete fucking garbage and has no patience whatsoever, he got the whole squad killed and put us in danger several times as well as shouts at people when they dont move the second they are told. Fuck him, fucking idiotic cunt fuckshit cock gobbeling cum swallowing midget anal whore cunt bollock fuckface"

I think this might be about me, because i'm really hoping this is about me.
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey @Cobra! Please don't use bad words!
[3:33 PM] BOTMEE6: Hey, sorry about this but... you got banned from Zeus by MEE6#4876 for 'Too many infractions..'

please do not swear on my christian youth server.
OldManVegas

Post by OldManVegas »

DYAFTB